Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2013, 11:53 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,906,907 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
Like in L.A. in 1992?
The police "brass" messed up in 1992; the LAPD should've been ready for trouble with guns locked and loaded when those 4 cops got off from beating Rodney King.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2013, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camlon View Post
Sweden is not just absurdly pro-multiculturism.

Sweden is also very anti-police. When those rioters claim this is due to police violence, Swedes believe them. Supposedly this riot was caused by shooting a guy attacking the police with a machete. Should police just wait till he stabs them?

That is why the riots have kept on for so long, because the police just stand there and watch. They are scared of being accused of police brutality and racism.
Uh; IF the "regular" Swedes DO get mad; I'd would NOT wanna be any sort of "Muslim" there IMHO.

Old 05-26-2013, 12:01 AM

73,024 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Uh; IF the "regular" Swedes DO get mad; I'd would NOT wanna be any sort of "Muslim" there IMHO.
Not just Muslim, Black either. Remember that there are many Somalis in Sweden, as well as other African groups in Sweden. Many Africans in Sweden are Christians.

Old 05-26-2013, 12:04 AM

73,024 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camlon View Post
Sweden is not just absurdly pro-multiculturism.

Sweden is also very anti-police. When those rioters claim this is due to police violence, Swedes believe them. Supposedly this riot was caused by shooting a guy attacking the police with a machete. Should police just wait till he stabs them?

That is why the riots have kept on for so long, because the police just stand there and watch. They are scared of being accused of police brutality and racism.
I have never been against a place have many different ethnicities there. My view is that if you go to a different nation, behave yourself. My beef is only with people not behaving themselves and with the police not doing enough about the rioting. I know that if I was living in Sweden, and this is just me personally, I would not be breaking the law or causing problems. This is coming from me, a Black American.

I would never believe that Sweden would be anti-police. To me, Sweden has always seemed too orderly to be anti-police.

Old 05-26-2013, 12:27 AM

4,698 posts, read 4,075,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I have never been against a place have many different ethnicities there. My view is that if you go to a different nation, behave yourself. My beef is only with people not behaving themselves and with the police not doing enough about the rioting. I know that if I was living in Sweden, and this is just me personally, I would not be breaking the law or causing problems. This is coming from me, a Black American.

I would never believe that Sweden would be anti-police. To me, Sweden has always seemed too orderly to be anti-police.
Calling Swedes anti-police would be wrong. But they are anti-police enforcement.

In Sweden the focus has always been on making people understand they are doing something wrong. If a Swede burned a car in the 70s, then people would exclude him socially and give his name to the police authorities. The police authorities would have more time, because crimes like that didn't happen too often. If he went to prison, then they would rehabilitate him, and due to social pressures it is likely to work. That created a orderly low-crime culture.

But what happens when you bring in lots of immigrants who does not have that culture. Who does not have the social barriers of doing crime. Then crime rates soars. Crime is much higher now than in the 70s in Sweden.

Swedes are very against using punishments. They normally see criminals as misunderstood individuals who need rehabilitation. For them it would be cruel and unnecessary to have tough punishment. If you ask about increasing police funding, then they will accuse you of creating a police state.

Multiculturalism makes this even worse. That's why they had little hesitation arresting the people who were defending their property, but were not arresting the rioters, because they may be accused of racism.

Last edited by Camlon; 05-26-2013 at 12:35 AM..

Old 05-26-2013, 10:30 AM

1,179 posts, read 1,553,153 times
Sweden in flames: As gangs of migrants riot for five nights running... the Utopian boats of a multicultural success story turn to ashes

• Fifth night of violent riots in Stockholm saw schools destroyed
  • Over 70 incidents reported overnight including a torched police station
  • Turmoil began Sunday night after police shot a man in Husby suburb
  • Incidents in other parts of Sweden spark fear riots are spreading
[LEFT]
Read more: Sweden in flames: As gangs of migrants riot for five nights running... the Utopian boats of a multicultural success story turn to ashes | Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
[/LEFT]

Old 05-26-2013, 11:06 AM

27,145 posts, read 15,322,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
Either way it is the root cause.

From the article:
“Sweden has been trying harder than any of the countries in Europe to try to push for integration."

Too bad that multiculturalism is opposed to integration.

Old 05-26-2013, 12:14 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,607,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
The police "brass" messed up in 1992; the LAPD should've been ready for trouble with guns locked and loaded when those 4 cops got off from beating Rodney King.
The point being that it's not just Europe where this sort of thing is deliberately ignored by the cops...

Old 05-26-2013, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
The point being that it's not just Europe where this sort of thing is deliberately ignored by the cops...
Agreed.

Old 05-26-2013, 02:01 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,995,315 times
Europe isn't built for multiculturalism the way the U.S. is.

The worst thing those countries have done is fling the door wide open for third-world immigrants-- people who cannot or will not adapt to Western culture --to flood their provincial countries and then demand that host country adapt to their ways instead of vice versa.

Why can't people put their foot down and say 'when in Rome do as the Romans do.'? It is not racist to self-preserve.

Ironically enough, the secular nature of Europe allows radical Islam to spread.

There's a reason why religious-focused Western nations don't have multicultural/Muslim problems (Ireland, for instance).

Multiculturalism is a great way for progressive, Western nations to breed themselves out of existence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies