Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2013, 09:33 PM

6,331 posts, read 5,208,910 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cnote11 View Post
Yes, but it is what you perceive as a consequence of a collective making a difference, not necessarily the individual. Politicians do care about the individual when the individual is part of a group... which is a collective of individuals. On a person to person basis divorced from the collective, perhaps not. Either way, that is rather irrelevant to this thread.

To note, I don't quite understand what you mean by "your hatred", and really your use of "your" in general. If you could further explain what you mean, that would be very helpful. Thank you!

P.S. I voted for Obama both times. I hope you don't think I'm making this thread from the "other side" of the fence. Again, your use of "your" is entirely vague and lost on me. I apologize for the difficulties.
Neither Obama or Romney care or cared about your personal opinion. You are not that influential. The only individuals whose opinion they care about are the ones who have significant power, money, or influence, I doubt you fit the bill.

Any online poster who feels there will be consequences for their bashing of Obama is delusional. Nobody cares.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2013, 09:55 PM

1,165 posts, read 1,514,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
Neither Obama or Romney care or cared about your personal opinion. You are not that influential. The only individuals whose opinion they care about are the ones who have significant power, money, or influence, I doubt you fit the bill.

Any online poster who feels there will be consequences for their bashing of Obama is delusional. Nobody cares.
Wow... this thread apparently went straight over your head. This thread is clearly NOT about "bashing" Obama. It is about showing support of Obama due to him representing a spectrum of your ideology to your peers out of an attempt to prop up said ideology in the public sphere and the chance of Obama making said ideology ultimately illegitimate in the eyes of many e.g. if Obama fails, will this be the end of any attempt towards any form of socialized medicine in this country for quite awhile? This, you see, has nothing to actually do with Obama's legitimacy. This also has nothing to do with ME. It has more to do with how Obama and his ideology will be perceived by the greater country and how it may affect your personal ideology's standing in this country. It isn't about what DIRECT consequences it will have on you. It isn't like this thread is about how Obama is going to send the secret service to people's doorstep if they don't pretend they love him.

Old 05-22-2013, 09:56 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,275,143 times
Quote:
Any consequences you perceive. If it doesn't apply to you, then it doesn't apply to you. This is merely a thread for those it actually applies to.
Oooh, a thread for paranoids.

Old 05-22-2013, 09:58 PM

1,165 posts, read 1,514,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Oooh, a thread for paranoids.
Ooo, a thread for people who have limited reading comprehension is starting to be more like it.

Old 05-23-2013, 03:08 AM

6,926 posts, read 6,933,478 times
Cnote11 wrote: I don't have to hold the hands of Republicans and frame the question for them myself, do I? They are adults with intellect and can very much do it themselves.

But Liberals are child-like and emotional, too busy singing nursery rhymes and reading the tales of Uncle Remus while their sweet taters roast in the coals and their possum cooks over the fire?

*Spits out a small marsupial bone and considers*

Speaking for myself, if I felt the need to withdraw all of my support from President Obama, I would most likely feel cynical about it, but I doubt that I'd feel any more fearful than I do already when I think about the grand political fiasco we in the US laughingly call "government" in the year 2013.

I am NOT overly fond of Obama. I disagree with any number of his actions and policies. However, I do not see any evidence that would lead me to consider him a complete villain, either. Frankly, the constant background hum of hysteria and paranoid conspiracy theories has rendered me pretty indifferent to the stuff I read here or see on the various media entertainment outlets sometimes called "News":

Obama! He's not just from Kenya, he's the first of the invasion from Alpha Centauri!
and

Bengazi Part 23,456,023 - The Next, Next, Next, NEXT Generation!!! We NEVER EVER close!
and

Who? US??? Run the country? But we're CONGRESS!

You want me to get worried about

Colorado Rambler withdraws support from Obama!
?????

meh

and as far as "the question [being] far more pertinent in the case of Obama due to the political environment at the moment"

Your "moment" has been going on for more than 4 1/2 years now and members of the cast playing the right wing/tea party roles have certainly put in a few interesting performances of their own. (I especially liked the part where House Speaker Boehner sang in its entirety the song "Memory" from Cats. The way he can burst into tears at any moment is VERY impressive. Do you think he'll do an encore or is he limited to the endless repetitions of that boring Benghazi thing?)

Old 05-23-2013, 03:12 AM

1,160 posts, read 1,430,610 times
Quote:
I was wondering if there is anybody on this board who is afraid of the consequences of pulling their support from Obama and their current party -
Just look at how the Democratic Senators that didn't support Obama's gun bill have been attacked by Obama's surrogates. They don't play.

Old 05-23-2013, 04:38 AM

15,859 posts, read 21,431,910 times
I have never been a fan of Obama. I voted for him begrudgingly both times because he was the better of two evils - particularly in the last election. I'm a Mass resident, lived here during Romney's term, and would NEVER EVER vote for that man for dog catcher, much less President.

Here in the bastion of liberalism - Boston - there is a lot of criticism of Obama from the left. The difference is, we don't throw in words like "sheeple", "Nobama", "Hussein Obama", etc etc. Respectful dialogue and criticism begets respect. I'm not afraid of saying how disappointed I am in Obama, just like I'm not ashamed to say that I voted for him because I believe (and still believe) that I would be much more disappointed by Romney.

Old 05-23-2013, 05:02 AM

1,276 posts, read 1,418,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Lovable *******s will NEVER admit to Obummer's failures and high crimes or disavow Dear Leader. NEVER. Just read the responses OP.
This is the kind of thing that makes this forum virtually unreadable. Did you read the post DIRECTLY ABOVE YOURS?

As for the OP, it may be a valid question but the way it was asked is loaded beyond belief. Do you want to know if anyone here keeps their political opinions -- whatever they may be, however they may change -- private because they may get some grief from their social circle? No doubt the answer is yes. It's why many people say they don't like to talk politics.

So what?

Old 05-23-2013, 05:54 AM

3,417 posts, read 3,072,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Lovable *******s will NEVER admit to Obummer's failures and high crimes or disavow Dear Leader. NEVER. Just read the responses OP.
no different than republicans with bush

Old 05-23-2013, 07:24 AM

1,160 posts, read 1,430,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain55 View Post
no different than republicans with bush
I blame Woodrow Wilson.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies