Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2013, 02:22 PM

3,846 posts, read 2,385,313 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Livestock are having problems with this GMO corn and soybeans.
It's just not headline news.
It's on the internet, but don't go there or the smart people on this forum will condemn you.

It's also ruining lawnmower engines.

Old 05-23-2013, 02:31 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,698,118 times
Just take a look at ingredient labels and see how much of our food contains corn and soy. I try hard to avoid both (plus a lot of other things, but that's OT).

If livestock are having problems, you can bet we can link a lot of our health problems to it too.

Old 05-23-2013, 02:35 PM

3,846 posts, read 2,385,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
Just take a look at ingredient labels and see how much of our food contains corn and soy. I try hard to avoid both (plus a lot of other things, but that's OT).

If livestock are having problems, you can bet we can link a lot of our health problems to it too.
Try buying a loaf of bread at fascist grocery stores WITHOUT corn syrup or aluminum.

You'll need your reading glasses, and time, lots of time.

Old 05-23-2013, 02:46 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,566,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Absolutely. If you don't like it, don't eat it.

Much do about nothing.
Have you seen any non-GMO corn lately? This crap is in everything. We can't even trust USDA certified organic anymore, because you don't know what's in the ground, they are allowed to use modified seeds to grow 'organic'. The animals you consume are modified, thus we are becoming genetically modified.
If only one county said no to GMO, this movement would soon explode, but that county would probably have to fight not only Monsanto but that state, the feds, along with some UN Treaty. They have their tentacles everywhere.
This is basically a fight for heirloom and organic vs them.

Old 05-23-2013, 03:06 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonarchist View Post
It's on the internet, but don't go there or the smart people on this forum will condemn you.

It's also ruining lawnmower engines.
Tell me about it. Gunking up the carb

Stabil is making good money these days.

Old 05-23-2013, 03:12 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,009,955 times
Burn down Monsanto don't just protest about em. Of course if things get crazy they will unleash their frankenbees on the crowd and all hell will break loose.

Old 05-23-2013, 04:16 PM

5,638 posts, read 6,517,191 times
As long as the courts continue to side with Monsanto, we the people have little hope we can change things. Our government and courts are Monsanto's **ck buddies. Sad, very sad!

Old 05-23-2013, 04:20 PM

415 posts, read 764,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Here's your typical American ^^^^^^

That is why "marches" won't work and Big Ag will continue to rule.

Next time you buy fresh fruit/veggies from Walmart Chris, take a look at the COOL label and see just which "farmers" you are supporting.

yep , I sure could go for some cool Fluoride water about now ...

Old 05-23-2013, 05:29 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,598,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaimuki View Post
As long as the courts continue to side with Monsanto, we the people have little hope we can change things. Our government and courts are Monsanto's **ck buddies. Sad, very sad!
It is, and should be a non-partisan issue.

GMO Food List to Avoid (Monsanto Companies) & The Dangers of GMO Food | Goldenlight ~ The Golden Light Channel: Higher Frequency Information from the Angelic Realms for the Golden Age upon the New Earth

Most GMO products on the list here are frozen and prepared foods, so as my nutritionist would say, anything with a paragraph of 20 ingredients of chemicals should be avoided.

The American Academy of Environmental Medicine has warned that the public should avoid genetically modified (GM) foods, stating, “There is more than a casual association between GM foods and adverse health effects. There is causation.”
A large number of studies and incidents have implicated GM foods in a wide variety of health problems, including accelerated aging, immune dysfunction, insulin disorders, organ damage and reproductive disruption.

BigAg should not win, and lost with the pink slime issue when people stopped eating the fast food junk.
A few factory farms went under.

Old 05-23-2013, 05:41 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,566,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
It is, and should be a non-partisan issue.

GMO Food List to Avoid (Monsanto Companies) & The Dangers of GMO Food | Goldenlight ~ The Golden Light Channel: Higher Frequency Information from the Angelic Realms for the Golden Age upon the New Earth

Most GMO products on the list here are frozen and prepared foods, so as my nutritionist would say, anything with a paragraph of 20 ingredients of chemicals should be avoided.

The American Academy of Environmental Medicine has warned that the public should avoid genetically modified (GM) foods, stating, “There is more than a casual association between GM foods and adverse health effects. There is causation.”
A large number of studies and incidents have implicated GM foods in a wide variety of health problems, including accelerated aging, immune dysfunction, insulin disorders, organ damage and reproductive disruption.

BigAg should not win, and lost with the pink slime issue when people stopped eating the fast food junk.
A few factory farms went under.
dangit, I just bought my first papaya at Wallmart a couple days ago, and loved it. It's stamped from Mexico. I rarely buy any of the produce there but thought these would be okay. Now I don't know.
Quaker, and V8? - that list is depressing me, but thanks for posting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.