Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2013, 05:42 PM

2,794 posts, read 4,156,528 times

Advertisements

We are one giant science experiment. Very disturbing that so few people really CARE. Well by the time the majority of ignorant Americans wake up, it will be too late.

Watch this one:

Seeds of Death: Unveiling The Lies of GMO's - Full Movie - YouTube

Old 05-23-2013, 05:47 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,566,757 times
A sigh of relief, almond milk is safe.
No fluorodated water, non-gmo
Blue Diamond Growers : Our Products : Almond Breeze® : Almond Breeze® FAQs

Old 05-23-2013, 06:05 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,933,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
God bless these people! This issue can no longer be ignored. The 99% will be heard.

SEATTLE (May 1, 2013) - March Against Monsanto hasannounced that on May 25, tens of thousands of activists around the world will “March Against Monsanto.” Currently, marches are being planned on six continents, in 33 countries, totaling events in over 250 cities, and in the US, events are slated to occur simultaneously at 11 a.m. Pacific in 47 states.

GMO Free USA | Harnessing education, advocacy, and bold action to foster consumer rejection of genetically modified organisms.

Kellogg contributed almost $800,000 to a deceptive advertising campaign that defeated Prop. 37, which would have required the labeling of genetically engineered foods in California. This company does not support transparency or truth in labeling and has no regard for the health and safety of consumers who buy their products.

WE ARE RAMPING UP… LET’S TURN UP THE HEAT!
Yeah, been hearing about this. Be interesting to see what transpires.

Old 05-24-2013, 08:25 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,698,118 times
This may be useful to carry with you when shopping:

http://rawearthliving.wordpress.com/...-sticker-mean/

PLU stickers that have 4 digits and begin with a “3″ or “4″: produce is conventionally grown. This means that this produce was sprayed with weed killers and chemical pesticides.

PLU stickers that have 5-digits and start with “8″: produce was genetically engineered (man intervened by manipulating the genes to produce a larger or brighter colored food). This produce may have been chemically treated.

PLU stickers that have 5-digits and start with “9″: produce was raised organically. You can be sure that this produce was not treated with any chemicals."

So 9 is Organic. 8 is GMO. 3 and 4 means it was sprayed with weed killers and pesticides.

Old 05-24-2013, 08:30 AM

3,537 posts, read 2,736,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaimuki View Post
As long as the courts continue to side with Monsanto, we the people have little hope we can change things. Our government and courts are Monsanto's **ck buddies. Sad, very sad!
If you noticed the thread I started earlier about Banksters forging legislation we should realize how and why society is crumbling.

Last edited by BoomBen; 05-24-2013 at 08:35 AM.. Reason: sp

Old 05-24-2013, 08:33 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,938,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFromChicago View Post

1)protect our food supply? and you march against Mosanto? Do you not know what they do? Help us plant less, grow more. . .Companies like this have greatly increased our food supply.

2) Support local farmers? Sometimes a good idea. . but only sometimes. I don't support anyone unless they provide me something of value. . .Most of my farmer support goes through wal-mart first

3) harmful effects of genetic foods? not really. Nothing proven. . .just scare science. . .Only thing I see proven is super weeds (which is negative. . .)

4) Big govt and business - seriously. . . .its the price you pay for democracy. Though I'm more worried about the FCC head then these issues. . .
I sincerely hope there aren't too many people out there with your views.

Unfortunately it is becoming more and more apparent that you represent the average American-ask no questions.

Many countries in Europe and South America are way ahead of the US.

We cannot "outsmart" Mother Nature and profit margins should not be taken into consideration when it comes to growing and eating food for our bodies and lives.

Localization is the answer. GROW FOOD on whatever land you have and grow it organically.
Unfortunately people are right when they say $ is the only effective protest.
US approves new pesticides linked to mass bee deaths as EU enacts ban ? RT USA

Last edited by 2e1m5a; 05-24-2013 at 08:41 AM..

Old 05-24-2013, 08:38 AM

8,104 posts, read 3,961,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boner View Post
It wont work. Your only power is at the cash register
How is it possible for it to work at the cash register when Monsanto does not believe the consumer should have a choice by fighting to not have gmo products labeled?

The biggest commies in this country that do not believe in free market capitalism are the large multi national corporations and banks that are in bed with the government that rig the markets to thier benefit that small business and individuals dont have the $$$$ to compete with.

Old 05-24-2013, 08:47 AM

4,738 posts, read 4,435,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Here's your typical American ^^^^^^

That is why "marches" won't work and Big Ag will continue to rule.

Next time you buy fresh fruit/veggies from Walmart Chris, take a look at the COOL label and see just which "farmers" you are supporting.
You show me one piece of evidence to backup your claims. Wal-mart's efficiencies at sourcing and growing mass produce is actually better for the enviorement then 100s of local small farms. Produce at Big W is no different from a nutrition and health standpoint than produce elsewhere. A lot of times it can be better

The prices allow people of all incomes to afford produce as part of a daily meal, try doing that with your "locally sourced" fruits and veggies. You wonder why McDonald's is their goto place.

I'm not a typical American, i'm a skeptical american who has worked in the food industry and has done business at wal-mart. . .I know your conspiracy theories are what they are. . .crap.

(Note: I've never worked for wal-mart, and no longer work for any company that does direct business with wal-mart)

Old 05-24-2013, 08:53 AM

4,738 posts, read 4,435,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
I sincerely hope there aren't too many people out there with your views.

Unfortunately it is becoming more and more apparent that you represent the average American-ask no questions.

European's wanted to add warning labels to WiFI and cell

FDA banned silicon breast implants, only to say "whoops" years later as the parade of horrible turned out not to be true

The only difference in our views is that you assume this is bad. . .and I have looked into it. . and haven't found a credible risk (other than super weeds). You cherry pick articles. . .I pass articles from people like "local natural r us"

Every piece of modified food is completely different. It isn't like cigs. . .where they all have the same impact, same risks, etc. These foods have huge potential to feed this planet, increase nutrition, and reduce allergies. . .just as pharmaceutical drugs have improved our well being and life expectancy

Its not impossible that someone would do something bad to a plant and have a bad /adverse reaction. Yet if you look deeply you will find it hasn't happened yet. . .

Nature modifies the genetics of plans all the time. . .

though I don't care if you label it. . .only the granola type read that label anyway (take it from someone who works in CPG).

Old 05-24-2013, 09:08 AM

8,104 posts, read 3,961,090 times
Chris,
I dont care if gmo is bad for you or not because that is not the issue for me.
My beef is with those that want to tell me it is good or bad while their true agenda is maximizing profits for themselves and trying to claim we live in a captialist free market economy.

I want the consumers and citizens to have free choice and not dictated by the commie companies and government deciding for me.

If acme mfg that makes licorice decided to team up with many other companies in having their product mixed in, and not have it labeled, would that be ok?

What? You do not like the taste of licorice? Too bad! We will decide for you. It will not harm you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.