Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2013, 11:14 AM

14,561 posts, read 23,060,996 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
A corporation having the ability to write it's own legislature and have it instantly passed in Congress without question or knowledge on it's content isn't collusion?

News to me.
Civics wasn't your strong suit, was it?

Old 05-24-2013, 11:17 AM

8,104 posts, read 3,958,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
I said "harm", much less difficult bar to clear than "kill" but I guess that is besides the point. Again, as a man of science, I like to see the scientific basis for such claims before I jump on the bandwagon.

Again, so you have a guy working in the biotech industry taking a job with the government regulatory body dealing with the biotech industry and that equates to collusion?

I am unimpressed.
Those people going into government jobs from their respective industries are not going into government for their own health or to "Serve the American People", but like all things these days, to regulate or deregulate, whichever is most beneficial and profitable to their masters and field they are in. Regulate to kill off competition or deregulate to reap greater profits at the publics expense.

Take the case of Goldman Sachs for example:

Windfalls for Wall Street Executives Taking Jobs in Government - NYTimes.com

Windfalls for Wall Street Executives Taking Jobs in Government

Quote:
“These companies seem to be giving a special deal to executives who become government officials,” says the study, to be released Thursday by the Project on Government Oversight. “In exchange, the companies may end up with friends in high places who understand their business, sympathize with it, and can craft policies in its favor.”

The same reason why many small time politicians would go to DC having a net worth of 400,000 and coming out millionaires many times over. Power and Wealth and Corruption.

Old 05-24-2013, 11:18 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,929,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
Civics wasn't your strong suit, was it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a
A corporation having the ability to write it's own laws and have it instantly passed in Congress without question or knowledge on it's content isn't collusion?
Ah, deflection huh? My point remains, The Monsanto Protection Act was written by Monsanto and was instantly approved by the puppets.

I truly hope you are compensated greatly by Monsanto for your time.

Old 05-24-2013, 11:23 AM

52,698 posts, read 34,538,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J746NEW View Post
This thread is about a march against Monsanto which you appear to be against, by your appearance in this thread.
you also appear on this thread. by your convoluted illogic, you are against the march against monsanto

Quote:
It is safe to assume that you support Monsanto in that context.
what context is that?

Quote:
Monsanto is as far from Free Market Capitalism as you can get.

Monsanto Co: Summary | OpenSecrets

LOBBYING

$5,970,000 (2012)
$6,370,000 (2011)

Top Candidate Recipients, 2011-2012

Claire McCaskill (D-MO) $32,774
Barack Obama (D) $23,725
Roy Blunt (R-MO) $20,000
Ann L. Wagner (R-MO) $18,500
Mitch McConnell (R-KY) $14,000

REVOLVING DOOR
16 out of 22 Monsanto Co lobbyists in 2012 have previously held government jobs

Monsanto does not want consumers to be able to make their own choice when it comes to purchasing GMO Products

Monsanto, DuPont Spending Millions to Oppose California's GMO Labeling Law - Forbes
monsanto, like thousands of other companies and interest groups, gave money to politicians and lobbied for laws that would benefit them - and this proves that i am against 'Free Market Capitalism' as you put it?

how so?

Old 05-24-2013, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
you also appear on this thread. by your convoluted illogic, you are against the march against monsanto

what context is that?

monsanto, like thousands of other companies and interest groups, gave money to politicians and lobbied for laws that would benefit them - and this proves that i am against 'Free Market Capitalism' as you put it?

how so?
And those that tend to buy the government to serve them at the expense to the rest of the nation are Free Market Capitalism how?

What about the small and medium sized business in this country, or even individual citizens that do not have the $$$ or connections to rig the game in their favor?

Old 05-24-2013, 11:31 AM

52,698 posts, read 34,538,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J746NEW View Post
And those that tend to buy the government to serve them at the expense to the rest of the nation are Free Market Capitalism how?
red herring. please address the topic you started, that being your insistance that me even being on this thread - as you yourself are - indicates that i am against Free Market Capitalism. does your presence on this thread indicate that you are against free market capitalism?

Quote:
What about the small and medium sized business in this country, or even individual citizens that do not have the $$$ or connections to rig the game in their favor?
what about them? are you going to address my previous questions or not?

Old 05-24-2013, 11:32 AM

3,846 posts, read 2,384,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
A corporation having the ability to write it's own laws and have it instantly passed in Congress without question or knowledge on it's content isn't collusion?

News to me.
Political transgenderism.

Fascism.

Old 05-24-2013, 11:32 AM

The Small and Medium sized business in this country employ the majority of people in this country, not the big dogs that have gamed the system to their favor.

Those connected to the hip of Big Government are as close to Communism as you can get.

The outcome is the same where everyone is on a roller coaster ride down, while those at the top connected to the government reap the rewards by stealing from the productivity and taxes of the people below them.

Old 05-24-2013, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
red herring. please address the topic you started, that being your insistance that me even being on this thread - as you yourself are - indicates that i am against Free Market Capitalism. does your presence on this thread indicate that you are against free market capitalism?

what about them? are you going to address my previous questions or not?
It is a waste of time talking to you, because it appears you are only interested in playing games and creating circles to spin around.

Old 05-24-2013, 11:34 AM

4,738 posts, read 4,433,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonarchist View Post
Would you rather eat a banana that has been genetically modified to glow in the dark whilst it traverses your gastrointestinal tract, or one that secrets pesticides throughout your G.I. tract?
Okay, fear tactic aside. . .thats not the goal here. GMO is normally things like excrete a protein that stops a specific aphid, or an immunity to a specific chemical. A pesticide is a complex chemical . . . and no one has done the above yet. No one has glow and the dark bananas, or ones that push out poison.

Quote:
Just another variable to include in diagnosing why a certain generation of Americans are allergic to peanut butter, but other generations weren't and aren't.
The impeccable logic brought to you by the same rationale that makes people afraid to inoculate themselves from whooping cough.

Even if Peanut Allergies have gone up over time (and not just diagnostic criteria, more people going to doctor for it, more people thinking they are for some random reason) Correlation isn't a reason to believe anything. . .

People are still 100% guessing on a link between a specific GMO alteration (Soy beans) and peanut allergies. As in pharma drugs. . .not all GMO alterations are the same. . the only one you may care about is the Soy one (regarding allergies).

Quote:
You get enough variables out there, and no one will be able to trace anything to anything, especially when you are confronted with combinative synergies.

Any death to fauna and flora outside you is most likely death to those things inside you.

Most people eat a steady diet of antibiotics and pesticides.

Go ahead, HAVE your V-8. It goes good with reconstituted cow.
I don't understand this. ..seems a little rambling. Though a parade of horrible is not a argument
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies