Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2013, 04:36 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,408,066 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonarchist View Post
I've always said, if you allow heteros to mix with gays in the military, this would happen.

Only you smart guys don't bother to realize that this study focused on 2004-present. DADT has been repealed for all of about a year and a half.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2013, 04:38 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,641,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post

There's also a lot of oddball hazing in the military and frats that are bizarrely sexual-dominance in nature that have zero to do with homosexuals perpetrating the acts.
I don't hear of that in the news, so it must be something that's participants carefully keep in secret.

Old 05-23-2013, 05:15 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,408,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
I don't hear of that in the news, so it must be something that's participants carefully keep in secret.
In what? The military or colleges?

Military:

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/04/op...stop.html?_r=0

http://www.armytimes.com/article/201...ellow-soldiers

http://www.stripes.com/news/army-str...azing-1.194051

College:

Hazing Deaths: The 10 Most Gruesome College Hazing Rituals | Breaking News for Black America

(note several odd sexual hazing rituals that are clearly sex assaults)

Old 05-23-2013, 05:24 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,327,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Only you smart guys don't bother to realize that this study focused on 2004-present. DADT has been repealed for all of about a year and a half.
Lol! See what happens when you let the gays in the military...ten years ago? When it didn't happen?

Old 05-23-2013, 07:04 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,835,178 times
They've always been in the military. I think the people with the biggest hangups with gays are secretly scared of being gay themselves. I knew a gay guy when I was in the service. I absolutely knew he was gay. His room mate told me he was gay. I was like, whatever. He said he came in his room one time and the guy was sitting ..wwaaaaaaaaaaay too close to another guy on the bed. That didn't make him gay, though, weird, maybe, but not gay. My friend used the other guys computer and let me use it too, sometimes. I poked around and found a folder called "Party." It was his room mate and about 4 other guys and some of those long skinny party balloons that clowns used to make party animals. Except, these men were wearing the blown up balloons as a type of clothing. His room mate was wearing one as a hat. I think you can get the picture. He was pretty gay.

Of course, there is gonna be man on man rape. Some people are just animals, disguised as people.

Old 05-23-2013, 07:35 PM

4,373 posts, read 3,229,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
They sent the message that it is ok to be gay in the military and this will embolden gays to sexually rape thinking it is OK.
Rape is an issue about power and control, not being homosexual or a lesbian.

Learn your facts, Tara.

Quote:
After all gay is OK in the military now.
Yes it is okay, but rape never isn't. Get it through your head.

Old 05-23-2013, 07:47 PM

4,422 posts, read 6,260,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proud White Guy View Post
This is a big problem and we all knew it would happen. The attacks are getting worse due to this political correctness decision. So mix the sexes inappropriately in the military and this is what you get. Same for adding open homosexuals into the mix only much more grotesque.

Military suffers wave of ‘gay’ sex assaults
Not a new problem. Victims are no longer afraid to report it because under the old system, they would have been perceived as being gay, investigated, and discharged.

Old 05-23-2013, 07:50 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,706,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewtexan View Post
Not a new problem. Victims are no longer afraid to report it because under the old system, they would have been perceived as being gay, investigated, and discharged.
This.

Old 05-23-2013, 07:55 PM

3,027 posts, read 2,520,964 times
Quote:
This is a big problem and we all knew it would happen. The attacks are getting worse due to this political correctness decision. So mix the sexes inappropriately in the military and this is what you get. Same for adding open homosexuals into the mix only much more grotesque.

Military suffers wave of ‘gay’ sex assaults
When I saw this crap title I turned to my husband who has been in the Navy for 17 years if he has heard about an increase in male on male assault since gays have been allowed in the military. He said no.

Old 05-23-2013, 07:55 PM

4,373 posts, read 3,229,363 times
Quote:
It's a not a "big" problem and it's not new. Sexual assault has been in the military for a long, long time. Sexuality plays NO role in it.

As I said prior, rape and sexual assault is a POWER and CONTROL issue, NOT a sexuality one.

There has been plenty of straight males who have sexual assaulted, molested, and raped other males in the military.

Learn your facts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies