Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2013, 08:32 AM

3,463 posts, read 5,661,722 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proud White Guy View Post
The dispatcher never knew Zimmerman was out of his truck on foot until he asked him if he was following the suspect. Zimmerman said he was and that's when the dispatcher told him not to do that and to go back and wait till authorities arrived. Zimmerman complied and was on his way back to the truck when Martin approached him and attacked him.
You were there ?

How would the City-Data klan-a-palooza post if it the races were reversed . . .

White kid walking through Black neighborhood and Black man with a history of violent encounters jumps out of a car and provokes/attacks the white kid because the Black guy wanted to know what the kid was doing in 'their' neighborhood?

Mods would be on OT with all the infractions they would be giving out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2013, 08:33 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,944,791 times
Quote:
The dispatcher never knew Zimmerman was out of his truck on foot until he asked him if he was following the suspect. Zimmerman said he was and that's when the dispatcher told him not to do that and to go back and wait till authorities arrived. Zimmerman complied and was on his way back to the truck when Martin approached him and attacked him.
you just can't make stuff up...

hear, let me try. Zimmerman complied with the dispatcher, got into his truck and went home...Treyvon followed him to his house and drug him back to the apartment complex and began beating Zimmerman there. Zimmerman had no choice and had to shoot Treyvon in self defense.

that was fun. made up, but who cares.

Old 05-24-2013, 08:36 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,940,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomBen View Post
I hope you are not raising any kids. Because if my kid was texting about Guns Gangstas and drugs he or she would be punished.

Furthermore, regardless of this trial, I just am remembering our President's comments about Trayvon possibly being his son and seeing how those comments now reflect on our President. I am sure he would want a son that texts about Guns Gangstas and drugs!
Why not our President has talked about "taking guns to a party" and we all know he was so proud of his drug use he wrote a book about it.

Old 05-24-2013, 08:37 AM

62 posts, read 43,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkat59 View Post
You were there ?
I listened to the 911 tapes.

Old 05-24-2013, 08:39 AM

3,463 posts, read 5,661,722 times
Quote:
I listened to the 911 tapes.
Where?
You are part of FL law enforcement or a a lawyer for one of the party's?

Old 05-24-2013, 09:10 AM

8,289 posts, read 13,567,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomBen View Post
I hope you are not raising any kids. Because if my kid was texting about Guns Gangstas and drugs he or she would be punished.

Furthermore, regardless of this trial, I just am remembering our President's comments about Trayvon possibly being his son and seeing how those comments now reflect on our President. I am sure he would want a son that texts about Guns Gangstas and drugs!
Personal attacks on me doesn't matter. The facts remain Trayvon's character had nothing to do with the events that ultimately resulted in his death.

Old 05-24-2013, 09:12 AM

1,672 posts, read 1,771,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Illegal guns, drugs, gangsta activity...oh my!

Gun, drug texts feature in new Trayvon Martin shooting evidence - CNN.com

My baby didn't do nuffin'...
If the defense tries to use this in court, then they are idiots. It basically doubles down that Treyvon fits a stereotype, and therefore enhances the claim that Zimmerman went after him based on a stereotype (see, see, see Zimmerman was right to chase the guy!). And being it is pictures on a phone that may be taking out of context, I'm sure the Prosecution will get this waved as immaterial.

I'm honestly now fearing that Zimmerman has a crap lawyer...this is a stupid move.

Old 05-24-2013, 09:23 AM

14,888 posts, read 10,037,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
character assasination, Irrelevant and immaterial. He was an innocent child walking home with Skittles and iced tea the night gz killed him, and that's all that matters. He was a typical teen, nobody's perfect. tm is not on trial. A slimy defense effort to taint the jury pool. gz has a criminal record, a past history of violence, took Adderall. tm didn't deserve to die.

That should pretty much cover the bases.
Children don't smoke weed and take pictures of themselves holding guns.

Old 05-24-2013, 09:24 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,783,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maabus1999 View Post
If the defense tries to use this in court, then they are idiots. It basically doubles down that Treyvon fits a stereotype, and therefore enhances the claim that Zimmerman went after him based on a stereotype (see, see, see Zimmerman was right to chase the guy!). And being it is pictures on a phone that may be taking out of context, I'm sure the Prosecution will get this waved as immaterial.

I'm honestly now fearing that Zimmerman has a crap lawyer...this is a stupid move.
Oh, those photos are very incriminating. GZ should be able to just walk out of court once those photos are introduced as "evidence".

Photo of TM with no shirt on and a cap. Check (Note to self: don't take pictures of hubby on the beach)
Photo of TM between two guys. Check (looks to me he is trying to break up something - never mind)
Photo of smoke coming out of TM's mouth and nose. - Check (any proof of what he was smoking?)
Photo of a plant. - Check (Any proof that it belonged to TM?)
Photo of someone with a gun in their hand. - Check (Any proof that hand and gun belongs to TM)
Photo of TM's face showing his gold teeth. - Check (Well, that seals it!!!! Gold teeth!!!!)

Sounds like TM is guilty of...............of....................of......... ..........what???

Old 05-24-2013, 09:25 AM

39,874 posts, read 26,514,597 times
Quote:
You'll never get the bed-wetters to actually listen to the 911 tape. If they did, they would know that Z was out of his truck and following Martin. When the dispatcher hears the sound of him running she finally asked if he was following him, to which he answers yes. And only then was told "we don't need you to do that", at which point you hear him stop running.

Yet the uninformed never want to let facts ruin a good rant.

The facts of what was on Martin's cell phone enhance the defense in that in supports the character or actions of someone that would attack an innocent man walking back to his truck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies