Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will Zimmerman be convicted of murder
Convicted 116 40.42%
Acquitted 171 59.58%
Voters: 287. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2013, 08:33 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,407,829 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Criminal? We'll have to wait and see.
I think this is a very important case regarding that question....what is considered provocative in a case like this? Can someone get away with pursuing someone else, get into a heated exchange with them which leads to a physical altercation and then LEGALLY shoot and kill the person they pursued?

Old 06-06-2013, 08:36 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,035,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
I think this is a very important case regarding that question....what is considered provocative in a case like this? Can someone get away with pursuing someone else, get into a heated exchange with them which leads to a physical altercation and then LEGALLY shoot and kill the person they pursued?
Shouldn't we wait to see if that's actually what took place in this case instead of making assumptions based on nothing but blind hate and ignorance?

Old 06-06-2013, 08:42 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,407,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Shouldn't we wait to see if that's actually what took place in this case instead of making assumptions based on nothing but blind hate and ignorance?
WTH is wrong with you??

Did someone tell you it was "effective" or "cool" to accuse people you disagree with of "blind hate and ignorance"????

I'll beat you with my knowledge and experience in the justice system any day of the week. You are so amazingly clueless regarding these things, I just don't feel like wasting time on your ridiculous baiting and personal attacks tonight.

However, FYI, if Zimmerman is convicted, there will definitely be appeals (if he can find the money to pay an appellate attorney), and the law will be interpreted by higher courts. If he is acquitted, then the answer to the questions will be YES. You just don't seem to get the bigger picture of why this trial is going to be so interesting to sooooo many people.

Old 06-06-2013, 08:53 PM

Quote:
WTH is wrong with you??

Did someone tell you it was "effective" or "cool" to accuse people you disagree with of "blind hate and ignorance"????

I'll beat you with my knowledge and experience in the justice system any day of the week. You are so amazingly clueless regarding these things, I just don't feel like wasting time on your ridiculous baiting and personal attacks tonight.

However, FYI, if Zimmerman is convicted, there will definitely be appeals (if he can find the money to pay an appellate attorney), and the law will be interpreted by higher courts. If he is acquitted, then the answer to the questions will be YES. You just don't seem to get the bigger picture of why this trial is going to be so interesting to sooooo many people.
Please stop with the fake BS, we know you've got about as much legal knowledge as any grandmother who watches CSI from her recliner.

Let me break this down for you.... You're claiming that this case will somehow prove whether it's legal or not for someone to "get away with pursuing someone else, get into a heated exchange with them which leads to a physical altercation and then LEGALLY shoot and kill the person they pursued." This case may very well have nothing whatsoever to do with any of those points you brought up, none of that has been proven and there's very little evidence that points in that direction.

Old 06-06-2013, 08:56 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,015,185 times
Quote:
WTH is wrong with you??

Ah, shoot...for a minute there, I thought TMYK was talking about the racist posters. What a letdown.

Old 06-06-2013, 09:02 PM

3,846 posts, read 2,384,804 times
Do people like Zimmerman, i.e., people on psycotropic drugs, plan to take them for their entire life?

What's the long term planning of a young person's life in this regard?

Or, is it just until a better, follow-on drug is developed?

In other words, when Zimmerman was rejected from police work, what did that and his dependence on drugs relegate him to per planning his future?

Last edited by Nonarchist; 06-06-2013 at 09:16 PM..

Old 06-06-2013, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonarchist View Post
Do people like Zimmerman, people on psycotropic drugs plan to take them for their entire life?

What's the long term planning of a young person's life in this regard?

Or, is it just until a better, follow-on drug is developed?

In other words, when Zimmerman was rejected from police work, what did that and his dependence on drugs relegate him to per planning his future?
I'm sure Zimmerman intended on taking his medication just as long as Trayvon Martin intended on smoking weed.

Old 06-06-2013, 09:11 PM

6,046 posts, read 4,817,498 times
Looking at the video again, looking at Zimmerman, things aren't adding up.

At that time Zimmerman was in very good shape. Today he isn't but he was then. Zimmerman was an ex-bar bouncer. Worked out at a gym specializing in boxing and kick-boxing. Martin couldn't physically take Zimmerman on ever and especially didn't the night he was killed.

Zimmerman had very few physical injuries that night. The 25-30 hits to his face and the dozen head bashings didn't happen. The extent of what did happen in the supposed fight that night happened only because Zimmerman allowed them to happen.

Zimmerman wasn't looking for Martin nor was he searching for him. As was previously written, Zimmerman went hunting for the purpose of killing. And it didn't really matter who. Race wasn't a factor other than he thought he could get away with the killing better if his prey was black given where he lived. He even had the cover story of someone suspicious who had been hanging around the area a few weeks prior. And he brought his pistol along ready to shoot in spite of knowing very well what the neighborhood watch rules were.

Why did he do it? Maybe to be a local hero? Perhaps the police might reconsider his application to join the police force if he showed he was willing to take a tough stance should the situation require it?

Who knows? Twisted perverted thinking whatever the reason.

Old 06-06-2013, 09:12 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,015,185 times
Quote:
Please stop with the fake BS, we know you've got about as much legal knowledge as any grandmother who watches CSI from her recliner.

Let me break this down for you.... You're claiming that this case will somehow prove whether it's legal or not for someone to "get away with pursuing someone else, get into a heated exchange with them which leads to a physical altercation and then LEGALLY shoot and kill the person they pursued." This case may very well have nothing whatsoever to do with any of those points you brought up, none of that has been proven and there's very little evidence that points in that direction.
Too bad you weren't around for the first four or five threads about this subject. Otherwise, you'd not only be up to date on the evidence (scanty as it is) that we've seen, but you'd also know that FF5000 has consisently provided verifiable legal explanations and valuable insight into the FL laws. The advantage to being a poster here for a period of years is that you learn things about other posters...there are nurses,
teachers, LEOs, small business owners, retirees...a broad variety of people. Funny...I always heard that the more you know, the more you understand that there are millions of people globally who know more than you'll learn in a lifetime. Since I doubt that these posts are being secretly written by Stephen Hawking, I'm taking them with a ton of salt.

Old 06-06-2013, 09:16 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,671,534 times
Quote:
That's the truth. Hate and ignorance shrouded in insinuating everyone else is stupid. The misguided arrogance is astonishing. And disgusting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies