Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2013, 09:04 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,930,126 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Thanks, that's a good question. I think the Aboriginal culture is so unique that it's hard to transfer attempts at reparations to them to the indigenous peoples of other countries.

We've found, as Australia is a harsh and unforgiving place on which to try and to impose the Western way of life, that we had a lot to learn from the way Aboriginals had learned to live with the land and not fight it every step of the way. The Aboriginal culture cannot exist without the land that is so much a part of them that the two are the same.

The fight over land rights in the 70's is very well documented. I watched public opinion turn from general disdain toward the Aboriginal culture to a genuine and sincere respect amongst the new generation of European decent Australians for all the things they could have taught us if we'd just listened.
Uh; what makes the Aussie Aborigines more special than any other group who LOST? Either change with the times or be left behind. Us "Irish" IN Ireland in many ways were a full on loser culture and we were treated real bad by the English back in the day. So what? This is 2013 and many of the things the English did to us like knocking out Gaelic for the English language actually HELPED up later on since English is THE most important language in the world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2013, 10:13 AM

5,960 posts, read 5,553,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
good point.

this is the internet also where you can talk tough behind the keyboard, internet warrior. have it happen to you in the real world, see how you react.
Have a little girl call me a mean name and see how I'd react?

I would put my thumbs in my ears, wiggle my fingers and stick my tongue out at her then I'd say, "I know you are but what am I?"

Oh wait...this is the wimpy age of PC 2013 wussy-ness...

I'd, instead, call a press conference and tearfully beg for all of the meanness to end and then I'd invite everyone to join me in dancing around a maypole.

Peace and love and let's stop being mean!

Old 05-27-2013, 10:17 AM

15,823 posts, read 12,489,282 times
Try yelling in the face of an NBA star that he's a ******. See what the reaction is. CD wont even let me post the word - does that make them PC wimps?

Old 05-27-2013, 10:21 AM

1,085 posts, read 2,534,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Uh; what makes the Aussie Aborigines more special than any other group who LOST? Either change with the times or be left behind. Us "Irish" IN Ireland in many ways were a full on loser culture and we were treated real bad by the English back in the day. So what? This is 2013 and many of the things the English did to us like knocking out Gaelic for the English language actually HELPED up later on since English is THE most important language in the world.
uhhhhhh, mandarin. however if you speak american spanish and mandarin you have 96% of the world's population covered.

Old 05-27-2013, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Try yelling in the face of an NBA star that he's a ******. See what the reaction is. CD wont even let me post the word - does that make them PC wimps?
You mean if a 13 year old girl says it?

The NBA multi-millionaire probably wouldn't bat an eyelash.

Have you ever been to a Philadelphia Eagles game and heard the things said at the Giants or Cowboys players?

Old 05-27-2013, 10:35 AM

13,496 posts, read 10,001,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post

What does that have to do with anything? Yes, this is 2013, and dudes don't like being called apes.

He doesn't have to like it just because you say he should.

That doesn't make him "special" it makes him human.

And nothing Europeans did helped the Australian Aboriginie. Their existence was completely diametrically opposed to ours. Well whatever, we killed most of them anyway, or took their children away to try and "educate" them. So kinda took care of most of that problem. Yeah, nothing to whine about here.

Old 05-27-2013, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
You mean if a 13 year old girl says it?

The NBA multi-millionaire probably wouldn't bat an eyelash.

Have you ever been to a Philadelphia Eagles game and heard the things said at the Giants or Cowboys players?
What the eff difference does it make WHO says it? Why are you defending this crappy behavior?

Old 05-27-2013, 10:39 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,762,668 times
Wait.....

Arn't we all apes?

If I remember my High School Biology that girl was 98-99% correct in her remark.

What a frigging wus. WAAAAAAAAAAA!!!! a 13yrold called me an Ape.

Old 05-27-2013, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Wait.....

Arn't we all apes?

If I remember my High School Biology that girl was 98-99% correct in her remark.

What a frigging wus. WAAAAAAAAAAA!!!! a 13yrold called me an Ape.
But they don't call YOU an ape, do they?

Or a boong, or a coon, or an abo.

So why do you care what someone else's reaction is to something that happened to HIM, and not you - and will never happen to you?

Old 05-27-2013, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
What the eff difference does it make WHO says it? Why are you defending this crappy behavior?
So the behavior and actions of a 13 year old girl and that of an adult shoud not be treated differently?

OK I guess we can start executing child murderers then and hey, why not lower the age of consent to thirteen then why not?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies