Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2013, 07:53 AM

24,488 posts, read 41,206,847 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
People may not think of federal government regulations as hidden taxes, but their total cost drains nearly $15,000 a year from the budget of every American family.

"Federal environmental, safety and health, and economic regulations cost hundreds of billions, perhaps trillions, of dollars annually over and above the official federal outlays that dominate policy debate," said Clyde Wayne Crews, vice president for policy and director of technology studies at the Competitive Enterprise Institute.

Government's Hidden Taxes Cost Every Family $14,768 a Year - Money Morning
I think your premise is wrong. Few people are complaining about the amount of taxes paid by minimum wage workers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2013, 07:53 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,232,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Have I eaten rat? No. Am I fine with that? Yes. I would prefer regulating the meat that can be used instead of eating mystery meal that was bought on the cheap so a big corporation can make the highest profit.
So you dont actually comprehend the thread it appears.

Why does it cost $15K PER YEAR PER FAMILY to keep rat meat out of McDonalds?

Thats right, it doesnt..

FAIL.

Old 05-29-2013, 07:55 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,262,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
So you dont actually comprehend the thread it appears.

Why does it cost $15K PER YEAR PER FAMILY to keep rat meet out of McDonalds?

Thats right, it doesnt..

FAIL
Maybe it does, maybe it doesn't, but I am gonna stick with supporting regulations on our food industry, so fail on your part.

Old 05-29-2013, 07:56 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,262,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hnsq View Post
You seem fairly intolerant of things outside of what you are used to. Are you sure you aren't a conservative?
Food has nothing to do with politics.

Old 05-29-2013, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Maybe it does, maybe it doesn't, but I am gonna stick with supporting regulations on our food industry, so fail on your part.
Who proposed removing regulations on the food industry? Thats not what the fk the threads even about, its about the COST of those regulations, and the stupid OP's claim that its being paid by the burger flipper.. Its NOT..

Old 05-29-2013, 08:14 AM

9,855 posts, read 15,227,507 times
Quote:
Food has nothing to do with politics.
Then why did you bring up food in a political conservation? You brought it up, not me.

And if you think federal regulations about food (what you were talking about) isn't political, then you might be somewhat shortsighted.

Old 05-29-2013, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hnsq View Post
Then why did you bring up food in a political conservation? You brought it up, not me.

And if you think federal regulations about food (what you were talking about) isn't political, then you might be somewhat shortsighted.
Urban is just another one of those, "government can do no wrong, so whatever it takes" cooks.

When I managed a McDonalds, we had about 300,000 customers a year, and the number of visits we had from the government was about once.

Urban wants us to believe that 300,000 customers a year, each family paying $15K (for a total cost of $1.1 BILLION (i.e. family of 4) is what cost to have the one government employee come in and spend about 2 hours in our shop.

Their beyond histerical.. Its almost pathetic and sad.. especially given this thread doesnt have a dam thing to do with government regulating horse meet out of hamburgers, it costs IN ADDITION to taxes paid. Our government inspector was already taxpayer funded.

Old 05-29-2013, 08:30 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,702,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
Most of the "conservatives" on this forum are buger flippers with the asperations of being a franchisee. I feel sorry for some when I hear their hard-luck stories...Not all conservatives are "fat-Kats".

Keeping the Hope alive.
Most of the conservatives on this forum know how to spell "aspirations".

Old 05-29-2013, 02:38 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,527,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
How does a burger flipper pay the cost of economic regulations which affect the employer?

regulations depress wages, increase costs.

the burger flipper bears huge regulatory costs embedded in housing prices.

Old 05-29-2013, 06:02 PM

4 posts, read 3,191 times
I am not going to listen to another right wing nutcase who thinks that single persons without any children should foot the tex bill! PERIOD!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies