Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2013, 02:38 PM

3,478 posts, read 7,256,496 times

Advertisements

Chafee switched to essentially increase his fundraising potential for his second term. He admitted so.

Personally, I am not surprised by this, but I believe he is in trouble for re-election anyways because he is quite unpopular in the state. This does set up an interesting primary, though, for RI governor on the Democratic side. Chafee will likely face competition from Mayor Tavaras and possibly Treasurer Raimondo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2013, 04:31 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,790,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
Thank you for confirming your historical ignorance. That seems to be par for the course with you guys.

No, the tradition of the Republican Party was most certainly not this Tea Bagger/Randite Libertarian nonsense. That is why you are the "RINO's."
Wow, nothing to do with history, yet I'm historically ignorant. I guess when one is confused it's best to make everyone else as confused as you seem to be.

So, I'm a Tea Bagger Randite Libertarian RINO That's like saying I'm a progressive liberal conservative who believes in larger smaller government, the constitution, and bill of rights.

Holy $hit I'm special!

You got one right, I'm just a Libertarian, and proud of the fact.

Old 05-29-2013, 04:46 PM

57,297 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
In other words, a RINO is someone who doesn't follow the part line and reject science, the effects of fiscal stimulus/austerity, reject the fact that fiscal and monetary expansion is indeed expansionary or that tax-cuts don't increase revenues.

A Republican who believes in facts is a RINO.

Like Bob Dole.
Bob Dole would be an outcast in today's republican party, he was moderate and willing to compromise.

Old 05-29-2013, 04:50 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
How many people new Gov Chaffee was still a Republican

Sources: Lincoln Chafee to switch parties - Alexander Burns - POLITICO.com

Can Gov Christie be far behind?

Clinton/Christie 2016 FTW! :

This is exactly how both parties became the same progressive cancer forced on us, regardless which direction we think we are going, we always get the same thing

Out with the old boss and in with the new boss.

Old 05-29-2013, 05:05 PM

4 posts, read 2,432 times
This is why you can't trust independents.

Old 05-29-2013, 05:10 PM

4 posts, read 2,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Bob Dole would be an outcast in today's republican party, he was moderate and willing to compromise.
He was not a moderate. He was as leftist as you can imagine.

Hilarious how you leftards try to say that leftist ideology is "moderate."

Old 05-29-2013, 05:15 PM

8,059 posts, read 3,946,325 times
Default Lincoln Chaffee to switch parties!

Makes sense - progressives and liberals are too rabidly politicized to vote for an Independent.

Old 05-29-2013, 05:57 PM

57,297 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyx340 View Post
He was not a moderate. He was as leftist as you can imagine.

Hilarious how you leftards try to say that leftist ideology is "moderate."
He was for the clean water act, disabilities act, food stamps but he was against food stamps and the war on poverty and he was a hawk during Vietnam, he was moderate something in short supply today with the GOP. Make your case that those qualities makes someone extreme left.

Old 05-29-2013, 06:02 PM

7,943 posts, read 17,256,347 times
The Republican party is fast becoming irrelevant. It is completely collapsing from within. The past few election cycles it has been made clear that if you aren't part of the radical Christian Right, you have no place in the Republican party. Hopefully soon the Democratic Party will split giving us a viable second party. Democrats are united by social liberalism but are split on fiscal issues.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies