Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2013, 11:58 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,037,809 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
I have no ignorance or hate. My reference to token minorities was aimed at how republicans use them. You see many minorities at democrat conventions. You don't see them at republican conventions.
The only thing stronger than your hate and ignorance is the irony of your statements.

If you truly judge a political party or it's members based on how many minorities they have at their conventions you're worse than I originally thought.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2013, 12:02 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 24 days ago)

29,560 posts, read 16,548,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
You and I may not agree on political ideology, but we should be able to agree that all Americans should be unified rather than diviided by human constructs, have opportunity to pursue their objectives, and have liberty to speak, practice or not practice a religion, and only be subject to the rule of law - not men(or women).
We do agree on that....but you do claim we liberals are brain washed alot which kinda destroys the whole "i want unity" vibe.

Old 06-02-2013, 12:13 AM

29,094 posts, read 26,013,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
We do agree on that....but you do claim we liberals are brain washed alot which kinda destroys the whole "i want unity" vibe.
If you agree with what I said, then claim that there is a division between us, that division must be a product of your own mind - or indoctrination.

It would appear that you are the agent keeping us apart.

Why?

Old 06-02-2013, 12:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
If you agree with what I said, then claim that there is a division between us, that division must be a product of your own mind - or indoctrination.

It would appear that you are the agent keeping us apart.

Why?
The division is on you. It is you who says you want unity, yet call others brain washed. You may truly want unity, i dont know, but you will never get to that point while downgrading others with that rhetoric.

You could stop that divide by simply not saying people who think differently than you are brainwashed. It shouldnt be that hard.

Old 06-02-2013, 12:19 AM

Quote:
The division is on you. It is you who says you want unity, yet call others brain washed. You may truly want unity, i dont know, but you will never get to that point while downgrading others with that rhetoric.

You could stop that divide by simply not saying people who think differently than you are brainwashed. It shouldnt be that hard.
Sort of like you saying that Republicans are racist?

Old 06-02-2013, 12:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Sort of like you saying that Republicans are racist?
My comments do not call all republicans racist, i clearly stated that it is a small minority, your own party says these people exist.

im also not calling these people racist just because they disagree with my ideology. Which is exactly the opposite of what harrier is doing(simply calling people brain washed for being liberal)

Old 06-02-2013, 12:27 AM

Quote:
My comments do not call all republicans racist, i clearly stated that it is a small minority, your own party says these people exist.
I'm not a Republican so I have no "party". I do appreciate your honesty in saying that it's a small minority, at least you're being logical unlike Natalie.

Old 06-02-2013, 06:03 AM

5,450 posts, read 8,763,548 times
Quote:
your logic is flawed 6 ways to hell.

plenty of Democrats AND Republicans have called out your side for racism, the head of your parties Hispanic outreach in Florida left and called your side racist while walking out the door.

calling someone a "race baiter" and saying they are using a "race card" is a defense mechanism, and its ok. We know you are all not racist and you dont want to take it on the chin for what someone else has done, but those phrases are made with the intent of shutting down a conversation and to claim that the person making a claim about race is only doing so because they have no other option.

Does it not cross your mind that people can legitimately believe something is racist while you dont ? Do you honestly think that there is no such thing as a difference of opinion, but that the other person is always simply lying ?
Your post begs the question, do you honestly believe people cannot have differences of opinion that are NOT racially motivated?

It is thinking like yours that keeps racism alive. I am a white female that has nothing but respect for MLK Jr.s words and ideas. He was a great man. However, I think his message was completely twisted over the years and made into something it was never meant to be.

No one of any race has a right to anything without working for it.

People all too often cry racism as an excuse for just about anything. It does nothing but fuel fires and is now looked at as the boy who cried wolf. This is a shame for everyone including those that truly are racially discriminated against.

The PC culture has also contributed to this and has made everyone so overly sensitive that they cannot move without looking for something wrong.

Old 06-02-2013, 06:17 AM

156 posts, read 116,276 times

Old 06-02-2013, 07:14 AM

23,561 posts, read 17,232,713 times
Never stop being amazed at the profound ignoranance bordering on the criminal, the unethical intent mitigated by stupidity that is demonstrated by some elected legislative represntatives.

It really reflects the same characteristics of the gerrymandered districts constructed to continually elect people whose third grade proclamations defy both reality and imagination.

and the misinformed, ignorant groupies eat this stuff up.... a window into the world democrats have created through decades of false compassion, social justice and activism in exchange for votes.

"When you look at African American males, 40% of them are unemployed, those under 30 years of age. I understand exactly the entire nation must be involved in this recovery but the black community is experiencing a great recession. That's what we're experiencing," Rep. Frederica Wilson (D-FL) told MSNBC.

"And all of the growth in the past 30 years, we see it slipping away. From home ownership, the middle class; it's slipping away from our hands. And it has a lot to do with many issues. Racism....."
"State Sen. L. Louise Lucas (D-Portsmouth), a campaign surrogate for President Obama in Virginia, said Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney is appealing to racists who do not want a black man in the White House."

[LEFT]“I am particularly sensitive to the fact that only this president, only this president, only this one has received the kind attacks and disagreements and inability to work. Only this one,” Jackson Lee said on the House floor this afternoon.
“Read between the lines.”
“What is different about this president that should put him in a position that he should not receive the same kind of respectful treatment of when it is necessary to raise the debt limit in order to pay our bills, something required by both statute and the 14th amendment?”

[/LEFT]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies