Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2013, 05:26 AM

6,073 posts, read 4,755,703 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Yep. Although it would probably be more accurate to say that the banks lobbied heavily for Dubya to implement their ready-made policy for subprime loans.

You're probably too young to remember the Dubya years.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/12/21/bu...anted=all&_r=0

Or google "Bush ownership society."

and you should be old enough to remember jimmy carter's community reinvestment act.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2013, 05:26 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,554,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
just as long as you thank your boy obama.
Thank you, Mr President!

Quote:
that boy has done less during his presidency than I could have ever imagined. that boys accomplishment are cash for clunkers, and a huge stimulus bill that did nothing. good boy.
The thing about uninformed opinions is that those who hold them tend to broadcast them.

Old 06-22-2013, 05:27 AM

Quote:
and you should be old enough to remember jimmy carter's community reinvestment act.
Ah, yes! The 2008 Bush recession was the result of Jimmy Carter's 1970s policy.

You Bush apologists are amusing.

Old 06-22-2013, 05:28 AM

11,086 posts, read 8,549,057 times
Old Gringo forgot to tell everyone that the Poverty Industry, headed by the likes of Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton, lobbied for decades to get those subprime loans into the hands of deadbeat ghetto people, and finally succeeded in the late 1990's.

All you leftists imagine that the over $1Trillion money printing to pay for the Obama deficits won't ignite unintended consequences until after the Counterfeiter in Chief leaves office. That will only be true if he's run out of office prior to 2016.

Better practice eating that ******** now.

Old 06-22-2013, 05:29 AM

Quote:
Thank you, Mr President!

The thing about uninformed opinions is that those who hold them tend to broadcast them.
so the stimulus worked? cash for clunkers worked? got a link to back that up? explain how stealing money from me, and giving it to someone to buy a car made in mexico is a good fiscal program. I anxiously await your losing reply, complete with an emoticon.

Old 06-22-2013, 05:31 AM

Quote:
Ah, yes! The 2008 Bush recession was the result of Jimmy Carter's 1970s policy.

You Bush apologists are amusing.
it was a result of spending too much and not collecting enough in revenue. it's as simple as that. the housing "crisis" was a result of idiots borrowing money. they were allowed to borrow that money because of things like the community reinvestment act. I look forward to you emoticon filled reply. a reply that says, "he's right, and I have nothing to say, so why not use emoticons."

Old 06-22-2013, 05:34 AM

Quote:
so the stimulus worked?
Worked real well.
Quote:
cash for clunkers worked?
Yup!

Quote:
got a link to back that up?
Not one you'd read. But feel free to google your own. Stop relying on me to educate you on the issues. Try to be more self reliant. Take some personal responsibility for informing yourself...

Quote:
explain how steeling money from me, and giving it to someone to buy a car made in mexico is a good fiscal program. I anxiously await your losing reply, complete with an emoticon.

... or not.

Old 06-22-2013, 05:36 AM

Default You're still angry...

Quote:
it was a result of spending too much and not collecting enough in revenue. it's as simple as that. the housing "crisis" was a result of idiots borrowing money. they were allowed to borrow that money because of things like the community reinvestment act. I look forward to you emoticon filled reply. a reply that says, "he's right, and I have nothing to say, so why not use emoticons."

...and still trying to blame Carter for what Bush did 30 years later. That happens when hate blinds you, I suppose.

Old 06-22-2013, 05:38 AM

Quote:
...and still trying to blame Carter for what Bush did 30 years later. That happens when hate blinds you, I suppose.
bush took out and defaulted on millions of loans? he was quite an active president. damn, I didn't know he accomplished all that. I am not blaming carter for anything. I am blaming a policy he put into place. I blame reagan, bush, and clinton as well, as they did nothing to repeal it.

Old 06-22-2013, 05:39 AM

Quote:
Worked real well.

Yup!

Not one you'd read. But feel free to google your own. Stop relying on me to educate you on the issues. Try to be more self reliant. Take some personal responsibility for informing yourself...

... or not.
so the answer is no. the stimulus did nothing. it provided 3 temp jobs, and kept mexicans busy building cars.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies