Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2013, 10:57 AM

12,770 posts, read 11,566,757 times

Advertisements

If you want to know the truth about these secret societies, you will read this page. If you don't, then you have made a choice to be a victim of your own ignorance. You have made a choice to sell out your Constitution and Bill of Rights to Communism, Global Governance.

HOTT - MAJESTYTWELVE

Old 06-11-2013, 11:02 AM

10,016 posts, read 12,580,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
It's impossible for it to be a religion because they accept members of all religions equally. Masonry has no path to salvation for members to follow. It has none of the characteristics that make up a religion. As a matter of fact, an attempt to make masonry a religion would be considered unmasonic conduct and would likely result in that person being expelled. I've probably been to more masonic funerals than you have, since I have gone with a lodge many many times.
Book of constitutions, South Carolina
The lambskin is therefore to remind you of that purity of life and rectitude of conduct which is so essentially necessary to your gaining admission to that Celestial lodge above, where the supreme Architect of the universe presides.

Right from the very begining the mason is initiated into the masonic beliefs of salvation by works.

If this is not "Religion" the term has no meaning at all.

Old 06-11-2013, 11:04 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
It is not a religion at all, and the ignorance of people who come here and post things that are not even close to being the truth is amazing. If you know nothing about a subject you should not comment.

Is Masonry a Religion? Masonry is not a religion. But it is one of the few platforms where men of all faiths - Christians, including Catholics, Jews, Muslims, and men of every other faith - can come together because it is open to all men who believe in a Supreme Being; but religion is not discussed at Masonic meetings. Although Lodges open and close with a prayer and Masonry teaches morality, it is not a church or a religion. Masonry does not have a theology or dogma, it does not offer sacraments, and it does not offer the promise of salvation.
but this is one of the problems we face, so many connect it with religion just because there are so many references to a supreme being. How they connect the two I don't know.

Old 06-11-2013, 11:06 AM

10,190 posts, read 7,955,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
If you want to know the truth about these secret societies, you will read this page. If you don't, then you have made a choice to be a victim of your own ignorance. You have made a choice to sell out your Constitution and Bill of Rights to Communism, Global Governance.

HOTT - MAJESTYTWELVE

What some people believe is simply amazing.

Old 06-11-2013, 11:07 AM

8,560 posts, read 11,216,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
what si the difference between scotish and York??

we have one by us that '' seems'' to be AA exclusive
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
In many states there are two organizations running in parallel. The second is called the Prince Hall Lodge. Most of the members of the Prince Hall Lodge are African Americans. There is no written rule, and no mason will ever admit to it, but informally it was segregated at one time, and traces of it remain to this day.
My understanding, from my Masonic training (Wikipedia also will address this) is that a Freemason is 'freeborn'. In ritual, this is historic. The significance being that a freeborn person is one who is NOT born to a slave mother. That would historically preclude most AA's.

It was the creation of the Prince Hall Lodge that allowed AA's to have a Masonic affiliation. However, in the U.S., most jurisdiction did not recognize Prince Hall, thus no cross visitation. Those rules have changed and U.S. Grand Lodges are now in recognition of Prince Hall Lodges. Wikipedia also addresses Prince Hall.

Not that I use Wikipedia for my education, it's just a handy reference for the casual observer. If I want supportable detail, I'll do my own research.

Old 06-11-2013, 11:08 AM

16,677 posts, read 15,676,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
The lambskin is therefore to remind you of that purity of life and rectitude of conduct which is so essentially necessary to your gaining admission to that Celestial lodge above, where the supreme Architect of the universe presides.

Right from the very begining the mason is initiated into the masonic beliefs of salvation by works.

You mean that reminding a man "that purity of life and rectitude of conduct which is so essentially necessary to your gaining admission to that Celestial lodge above" is all it takes to make a religion? Geez! Every religious person should be going to their pastor and complaining about all they have to obtain salvation when all the masons have to do is wear a white apron.

Old 06-11-2013, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post

For once and for all, Masonry is not a religion.

Old 06-11-2013, 11:17 AM

28,897 posts, read 30,274,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post

HOTT - MAJESTYTWELVE
Thank you for posting this...it is so so true!

Old 06-11-2013, 11:17 AM

[quote=Willsson;29972287]My understanding, from my Masonic training (Wikipedia also will address this) is that a Freemason is 'freeborn'. In ritual, this is historic. The significance being that a freeborn person is one who is NOT born to a slave mother. That would historically preclude most AA's.

It was the creation of the Prince Hall Lodge that allowed AA's to have a Masonic affiliation. However, in the U.S., most jurisdiction did not recognize Prince Hall, thus no cross visitation. Those rules have changed and U.S. Grand Lodges are now in recognition of Prince Hall Lodges. Wikipedia also addresses Prince Hall.

Not that I use Wikipedia for my education, it's just a handy reference for the casual observer. If I want supportable detail, I'll do my own research.[/quote)

You must be a man, freeborn, and under the tongue of good report.

Old 06-11-2013, 11:23 AM

10,016 posts, read 12,580,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
For once and for all, Masonry is not a religion.
I don't care how many times you repeat that lie, the fact of the matter is that it is. It is Theistic, has it's own beliefs about eternity and it has it's hope for salvation of these earthly bodies. It's just dumb to say it's not a religion.

An argument masons often use to deny the fact of a masonic religion is that it has no dogma in many areas. Well, by that argument Hinduism would not be a religion either. All new age religions would not fit this definition the masons use either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies