Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2013, 11:39 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,421,721 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
First of all, he's a Non-Com, not an officer.

Moreovet, he's a newly promoted E-8, and he should've known better. You don't do politics while in uniform ....especially on an issue where the Army has put its foot down on a policy. He was being purposely antagonistic, and got what his ass deserved. I might've given him much worse since I believe in harsher UCMJ the higher the rank. It's conduct unbecoming, and an open provocation.

If the OP had worn a uniform beyond his Cub Scout stint, he'd know better.
He should be celebrated for his stand against the normalization of this perversion. I've never claimed to be an expert in military protocol. I doubt if he was for gay marriage any of this would happen.

Old 06-08-2013, 12:17 PM

6,414 posts, read 10,493,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
He should be celebrated for his stand against the normalization of this perversion. I've never claimed to be an expert in military protocol. I doubt if he was for gay marriage any of this would happen.
Why don't you give it up Eddie, you obviously dislike gay people and have this agenda to find anything to equate with gays and then say it is our agenda.

This man is supposed to represent a good standing, not a bias that puts him in the light of being antagonistic. It is not becoming of his position to take a stand on his supposed hate of gays. Is he going to be the type that would only protect a straight soldier and not a gay soldier in combat situations? If he cannot abide by simple rules, then he is subject to scrutiny. His bad.

Old 06-08-2013, 01:36 PM

596 posts, read 730,299 times
Quote:
Off to the re-education camps with him.
Army punishes senior NCO for serving Chick-fil-A sandwiches, celebrating DOMA - National Social Issues | Examiner.com

Only the views of the Sodomites and their fans are "tolerated".

OK, I just have to ask - why are you so obsessed with all things homosexual? We get it, you don't agree with homosexuality. You've made that blatantly clear. So why do you devote so much energy to talking about it? It seems like you post a gay-themed thread nearly every day. You are blatantly disrespectful when referring to them (ie, calling gay people "Sodomites"). Every time I turn around, you're posting some negative, hateful, and often just plain ignorant and immature comment about gay people. So again I ask, why are you so obsessed with them?

If you despise a group of people that much, why do you constantly post about them? Venting your hatred of gay people is not going to prevent them from existing. You're not going to magically wake up one day in a world free of gay folks, and you're not going to change the minds of those of us who support the LGBT community by posting your daily anti-gay tirades. You are devoting so much of your energy and mental space to a group of people that you obviously despise. What purpose does this serve for you?

Old 06-08-2013, 01:43 PM

9,127 posts, read 7,944,791 times
Quote:
Off to the re-education camps with him.
Army punishes senior NCO for serving Chick-fil-A sandwiches, celebrating DOMA - National Social Issues | Examiner.com

Only the views of the Sodomites and their fans are "tolerated".
He was asked to protect and defend the constitution of the United states of America. Support and defend every single right for every single American...

Even Sodomites.

Old 06-08-2013, 01:48 PM

3,846 posts, read 2,385,313 times
At the workplace, regarding agenda, don't ask, don't tell.

And, know the difference between an opinion and an agenda.

Old 06-08-2013, 03:43 PM

29,219 posts, read 22,371,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
First of all, he's a Non-Com, not an officer.

Moreovet, he's a newly promoted E-8, and he should've known better. You don't do politics while in uniform ....especially on an issue where the Army has put its foot down on a policy. He was being purposely antagonistic, and got what his ass deserved. I might've given him much worse since I believe in harsher UCMJ the higher the rank. It's conduct unbecoming, and an open provocation.

If the OP had worn a uniform beyond his Cub Scout stint, he'd know better.
True, Desert.
If the guy actually exists.
Who is the Chaplain Alliance for Religious Liberty? I've never heard of them before. The organization, if it exists, sure has a name that sounds suspiciously like right wing nuttery.

I'll believe it when I see the supposed sargeant's name and outfit. I would also like to see who supposedly disciplined him, and where it was supposedly done. Until then, I think the article was total fiction ... nothing more than BS with an agenda behind it.

An unnamed person holding an unconfirmed celebration with a hot-button bag of chicken sandwiches at an unnamed place bears no truth at all.

I got promoted a few times in the Navy. I celebrated by buying a few beers for a couple of pals. Everyone I served with did the same. This story stinks to high heaven.

Old 06-08-2013, 04:00 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,163,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
If he cant follow the simpler orders,how can he be trusted to kill women and children when the time comes?
What order did he not follow?

Old 06-08-2013, 04:04 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,547,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
You do realize that when you are an officer of the military, you are supposed to follow all rules and protocol of that branch. He broke that and was punished as he should have been. But seeing how it doesn't fit your agenda, I guess you don't see that and I bet you were never in the military.
So is there a "no Chik Fil A rule" in the military books now???

Old 06-08-2013, 04:14 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,421,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
He was asked to protect and defend the constitution of the United states of America. Support and defend every single right for every single American...

Even Sodomites.
DOMA is the law of the land, thanks for playing.

Old 06-08-2013, 04:22 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,228,924 times
Eh, I am an agnostic, but Chick-fil-a makes decent sandwiches. Ate one during a bus stop once.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies