Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2013, 05:07 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,208,954 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eRayP View Post
This reminds me of Harry Reid's secret source when he said Romney made more money than he is letting on.

yes I want to know why the hell Harry Reid has not been called in as well
but I have not heard a peep about it

Old 06-10-2013, 05:19 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
who cares who started this?? that is not the point the point is
is went on for over a year
who ever was in on it needs to be fired and if they committed a crime then they need to go to jail I don't care what party they are in
all this party mud slinging is just how crap like this happens
It is the point. If no one cares, then why is Issa and some other reps bending over backwards trying to prove the White House ordered it. Not only are they trying to prove it, they have flat out declared the WH ordered it, although that cannot prove it. This IRS managers testimony proves otherwise, and Issa is trying to cover it up by refusing to make the transcript public, and THAT is the point of the thread.

Old 06-10-2013, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
I won't hold my breath. Kind of like Reid threatening to release "proof" that Romney never paid taxes. Still waiting....
I won't hold my breath either. I will wait and see if they release the IRS managers statement, and then I will go with those facts.

Old 06-13-2013, 06:36 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Rep. Elijah Cummings clarifies: IRS case not 'solved'

Rep. Elijah Cummings is backing away from his assertion that the investigation into the IRS scandal is “solved” and says he still wants to work with Republicans on the probe.

Read more: Rep. Elijah Cummings clarifies: IRS case not 'solved' - Rachael Bade - POLITICO.com

So I guess we can assume that there will be no releasing of any transcripts until the investigation is over with. Not that there was really any question that it would be.

Old 06-13-2013, 06:38 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Maybe Cummings should have just tried to redefine what "solved" means.

Old 06-13-2013, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I won't hold my breath either. I will wait and see if they release the IRS managers statement, and then I will go with those facts.
As expected, Issa declared yesterday that he WILL NOT release the transcript, because it would prove his accusations false.

So, he has chosen the path of cover-up.

What do you call an investigation where you declace guilt before hearing the evidence, and when the evidence is heard, and it proves the accusations false, you refuse to release the evidence?

You call it a joke, and a waste of tax-payers money.

Old 06-13-2013, 06:50 AM

Releasing the transcripts of interviews with Internal Revenue Service workers who scrutinized Tea Party groups would be reckless, the chairman of the U.S. House Oversight Committee wrote today.
“Your push to release entire transcripts from witness interviews while the investigation remains active was reckless and threatened to undermine the integrity of the committee’s investigation,” chairman Darrell Issa, a Republican, wrote to Elijah Cummings of Maryland, the panel’s top Democrat.
Cummings has said he will release transcripts of interviews with IRS employees by the end of this week if Issa won’t. Cummings said that in one interview, a self-identified “conservative Republican” said the effort to scrutinize Tea Party groups was done to ensure consistency and that there wasn’t White House or political involvement.
IRS Transcript Release Would Be Too Reckless, Issa Writes - Bloomberg

Old 06-13-2013, 06:50 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
As expected, Issa declared yesterday that he WILL NOT release the transcript, because it would prove his accusations false.

So, he has chosen the path of cover-up.

What do you call an investigation where you declace guilt before hearing the evidence, and when the evidence is heard, and it proves the accusations false, you refuse to release the evidence?

You call is a joke, and a waste of tax-payers money.
I was mistaken. You do want to go there.

Old 06-13-2013, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I was mistaken. You do want to go there.
I guess you are more comfortable hearing Issa declare guilt before hearing evidence, and then refusing to release the evidence after it is heard.

Old 06-13-2013, 07:04 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,670,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Rep. Elijah Cummings clarifies: IRS case not 'solved'

Rep. Elijah Cummings is backing away from his assertion that the investigation into the IRS scandal is “solved” and says he still wants to work with Republicans on the probe.

Read more: Rep. Elijah Cummings clarifies: IRS case not 'solved' - Rachael Bade - POLITICO.com

So I guess we can assume that there will be no releasing of any transcripts until the investigation is over with. Not that there was really any question that it would be.

Amazing, isn't it? Witness all the liberal glee and ABSOLUTE CERTAINTY that the White House had nothing to do with the IRS probes! Cummings suddenly backs down on his statement about the case "being solved"!

The libs are so partisan that they simply accept, as absolute truth, any rumor or snippet of information that may absolve thier hero and restore their faith in the Fuhrer.

Libs, if not totalitarians and concerned with the rule of law, rather than the power and rights of ONE MAN, would welcome the investigations, as it insures that such practices will not happen again. And why should one be punished for politcal beliefs in a free society? Of course, libs SUPPORT IRS audits of conservtives, which clearly shows they do not believe in a free society and the rule of law!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies