Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2013, 08:27 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,509,263 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Your thread title is highly misleading. He's not a traitor. He's a hero. Ratting out illegal government activity is the work of heroes.
The other 2 whistle blowers did it through legal means and got nowhere in the past 10 years.
This guy got the attention of the world.

Europe cares more about privacy issues than we do here.

Maybe people will get upset when their homes are searched when they are not home.
Then again, maybe not. It's just a "moderate" infringement on their rights and if they are doing nothing wrong then they have nothing to fear.

When they start doing that I'll leave them a note
"Hey, while you're searching my house can you do a load of laundry and take out the trash while your at it ?"

Trial run was Boston...homeowners welcomed the paramilitary police into their homes to be searched.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2013, 09:26 AM

8,483 posts, read 6,935,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
The other 2 whistle blowers did it through legal means and got nowhere in the past 10 years.

Maybe people will get upset when their homes are searched when they are not home.
Then again, maybe not. It's just a "moderate" infringement on their rights and if they are doing nothing wrong then they have nothing to fear.

"Hey, while you're searching my house can you do a load of laundry and take out the trash while your at it ?"

Trial run was Boston...homeowners welcomed the paramilitary police into their homes to be searched.
Well I missed the welcoming part in the vids I saw. Regarding those previous whistleblowers.
'We're in the Abyss': My KPFK 'BradCast' Intvw with Daniel Ellsberg on Edward Snowden

quote:
On Wednesday, during a fascinating interview on The BradCast on KPFK/Pacifica Radio, Ellsberg said directly, in the wake of Snowden's disclosures: "We're in the abyss. What he feared has come to pass."

Old 06-16-2013, 10:47 AM

370 posts, read 247,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
A lot wittier than your stupid and paranoid links. You make the global warmists appear rational. Now go back to goose stepping.
Relax, son. It's just a story. Fiction.

History proves that ALL nations and forms of government eventually fall, however.

Old 06-16-2013, 12:52 PM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,709,672 times
Quote:
We invited those of our neighbors who are charged with and sworn to protecting us into our homes to search for a terrorist because we have reasonable perspective in Boston, unlike Texas.

Old 06-16-2013, 01:14 PM

3,846 posts, read 2,385,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
We invited those of our neighbors who are charged with and sworn to protecting us into our homes to search for a terrorist because we have reasonable perspective in Boston, unlike Texas.
Buncha Boston Baked Beans.

Old 06-16-2013, 01:31 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,601,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC_Sleuth View Post
Seeing that he blew the whistle on the evils of an overreaching government, I laud this man. Government is here to serve us, not the other way around.

agree 100%. At the least everyone sould delete their fakebook and twitter. Somerthing creepy about being monitored live, unless you are working and getting paid for them.

Why should we, as citizens in a "democracy" provide free information, which is NOT being used for good purposes.

There seems to be little difference now between the US and the East Germany Stasi state.

Old 06-16-2013, 01:34 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,601,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
I called it in the beginning a self absorbed prick who is also a spy and traitor.
a hilarious post, coming from a known shill.

Old 06-16-2013, 01:38 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,509,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
[/b]

agree 100%. At the least everyone sould delete their fakebook and twitter. Somerthing creepy about being monitored live, unless you are working and getting paid for them.

Why should we, as citizens in a "democracy" provide free information, which is NOT being used for good purposes.

There seems to be little difference now between the US and the East Germany Stasi state.
And avoid storing your life "in the cloud".

Old 06-16-2013, 06:13 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,749,540 times
Quote:

Correct. Good post.

Old 06-16-2013, 06:15 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,749,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
No, you didn't invite anybody. The cops just took over your town and you stood by like a whimpering dog. You don't value your fourth amendment rights. If that's typical of Boston, you are all wimps and you deserve a Nanny State. You don't deserve fourth amendment rights if you aren't willing to fight for them.

Hitler would love you guys.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies