Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2013, 11:09 AM

229 posts, read 294,063 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
IMO he sold the story to the UK paper because he didn't have anything more valuable to sell. If he has more valuable information, then what the heck is he doing in China, of all places, if not selling the intel?
ok you do realize that China(actually Hong Kong) is one of the VERY FEW places in the world where they wouldn't extradite him back to the US? Where would you go?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2013, 11:12 AM

20,728 posts, read 19,382,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Tracking phone numbers? They're tracking calls and how many and how long. They tracking emails, text messages, Twitter posts, Facebook posts and pictures, along with just about everything else you do that's electronically related.

That means if you call a drug or suicide or gay hotline for help or guidance the government knows about it for, forever. If you post on a forum like this the government knows your political leanings and has your posts for, forever. If you posted a picture today, the government will have that picture in its database for forever. Your child makes a poor decision and sends something they shouldn't to their crush, the government has that for forever. Your downloaded songs, forever. You tried a dating service online once, they'll have it for forever. Your banking information, forever. Your passwords, forever, all of them. What you've researched on the net, for forever.

Besides the easiest implications of what that means, try electing someone to government when their entire lives can simply be revealed by those with less than proper intentions. I know, the government would never use its power to stifle dissidents...
What do you have to hide?

Old 06-11-2013, 11:15 AM

1,111 posts, read 1,735,841 times
Quote:
IMO he sold the story to the UK paper because he didn't have anything more valuable to sell.
He didn't sell any secrets(that we know of yet). He exposed in totality what the NSA already said they were doing.

Quote:
If he has more valuable information, then what the heck is he doing in China, of all places, if not selling the intel?
Hong Kong is still a pretty neutral place. Not many restrictions on coming and going. Lot's of spooks move through there still. He no doubt has some help from someone, but I don't think it would be the Chinese, though like Russia they probably offered.

I have found some pretty disturbing things about Booze Allen(the company he worked for) that would only be proper in the "Tin Foil Hat" section here, so I'm restricting them to my blog.

Nothing like this is simple. The rabbit hole is deep.

Old 06-11-2013, 11:15 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,682,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by im_a_lawyer View Post
ok you do realize that China(actually Hong Kong) is one of the VERY FEW places in the world where they wouldn't extradite him back to the US? Where would you go?
I'd probably go on the porch, or maybe the back yard if it's a sunny day. What difference does it make where he tapes the interview?

Do you realize the Chinese know he worked for CIA and their intelligence can grab the guy and torture every shread if information out of him, and dump his body in the river, and the whole world would think he is on some tropical island somewhere enjoying the money he made from selling the info.

Old 06-11-2013, 11:18 AM

8,059 posts, read 3,950,662 times
Quote:
IMO he sold the story to the UK paper because he didn't have anything more valuable to sell. If he has more valuable information, then what the heck is he doing in China, of all places, if not selling the intel?

I'm guessing Snowden saw Greenwald (the Guardian) as the only outlet with a snowballs-chance-in-hell of getting the story out.
(Greenwald was effectively ran out of the country by the radical Left for pursuing Obama's drone policies)

Old 06-11-2013, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
What do you have to hide?
You're right... nothing can go wrong when your government is tracking every single communication I'm sure certain governments in the past would have loved to have had access to such technologies.

Old 06-11-2013, 11:22 AM

1,111 posts, read 1,735,841 times
Quote:
I'd probably go on the porch, or maybe the back yard if it's a sunny day. What difference does it make where he tapes the interview?

Do you realize the Chinese know he worked for CIA and their intelligence can grab the guy and torture every shread if information out of him, and dump his body in the river, and the whole world would think he is on some tropical island somewhere enjoying the money he made from selling the info.
What a asinine assumption. He doesn't know anything that the Chinese don't already know. He no doubt is of no interest to them whatsoever. Smarten up my friend.

Old 06-11-2013, 11:23 AM

Quote:
??? CIA/Swat teams then comes to his house, picks him up, and we never see him again?

Quote:
ah yes every country in the world hates us and want to destroy us(I wonder why...) thus everything is justified

Old 06-11-2013, 11:26 AM

8,483 posts, read 6,938,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
Great article you posted, Texan!!! Thanks!
Gets better.
Who owns Scytl? George Soros isn’t in the voting machines, but the intelligence community is...

Old 06-11-2013, 11:31 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,235,629 times
Mr Snowden had many options. His congressman, senator, FBI, and more. He chose to sell his secrets instead. A patriot wouldn't seek financial compensation for delivering secrets if his intentions are honorable.
Mr Snowden does not seem to be an honorable man.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies