Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2013, 11:36 AM

1,111 posts, read 1,734,814 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDusr View Post
Yea and it gets better. Booze Allen is 2/3 owned by the Bush/Cheney/et el, Carlyle Group, with Soros as another stock holder. All of them are card carrying NWO supporters.

While Snowden did everyday people a favor by exposing the extent of the data gathering, I wonder if he wasn't "played" in a TPTB power play? I'm Still looking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2013, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Mr Snowden had many options. His congressman, senator, FBI, and more. He chose to sell his secrets instead. A patriot wouldn't seek financial compensation for delivering secrets if his intentions are honorable.
Mr Snowden does not seem to be an honorable man.
He's is honorable to the highest degree. Would you but your butt on the line for others? Obviously not from your comment. I will remind you he didn't sell "secrets". He only revealed the overwhelming extent to what the NSA had already said they were doing.

Seriously, Fienstien knows more that Snowden ever will. And she is calling him a traitor. His information would have fallen on deaf ears with the 535 lapdogs in DC.

Old 06-11-2013, 11:45 AM

3,391 posts, read 4,483,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Nah, he could have taped the interview anywhere on the planet, even in his own basement. Did Bib Laden travel to Hong Kong to tape his speeches?
But bin Laden's purpose was completely different from Snowden's. All bin Laden cared about was rallying fanatics to his cause. That is why he released his statements on jihadi websites. He wasn't making any fact claims; He didn't need to provide any evidence. He was just a propagandist.

Snowden was not a propagandist, but a whisleblower. As such, he needed to provide verifiable PROOF of what he was saying. Plus, he was concerned that the information he released not endanger anyone. That is why he went to The Guardian and enlisted the help of experienced journalists in decided what should be released and how.

Old 06-11-2013, 11:48 AM

8,483 posts, read 6,933,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregm View Post
Yea and it gets better. Booze Allen is 2/3 owned by the Bush/Cheney/et el, Carlyle Group, with Soros as another stock holder. All of them are card carrying NWO supporters.

While Snowden did everyday people a favor by exposing the extent of the data gathering, I wonder if he wasn't "played" in a TPTB power play? I'm Still looking.
Have to pay attention. There are certainly some angles that can be played here.
Lots of Drama and distraction occurring also.
That link includes some interesting info on the same companies.

Old 06-11-2013, 11:56 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by im_a_lawyer View Post
??? CIA/Swat teams then comes to his house, picks him up, and we never see him again?
The CIA comes over if you use your cam-coder? Why didn't they zero in on Bin Ladens cam coder? Why, because they can't. It does not matter where you make a video tape, be it your back yard, or Hong Kong.

Old 06-11-2013, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkGuy View Post
But bin Laden's purpose was completely different from Snowden's. All bin Laden cared about was rallying fanatics to his cause. That is why he released his statements on jihadi websites. He wasn't making any fact claims; He didn't need to provide any evidence. He was just a propagandist.

Snowden was not a propagandist, but a whisleblower. As such, he needed to provide verifiable PROOF of what he was saying. Plus, he was concerned that the information he released not endanger anyone. That is why he went to The Guardian and enlisted the help of experienced journalists in decided what should be released and how.
The motivations are irrelevant to where the tapes are made. He could have taped his interview anywhere, and there was no reason to go to Hong Kong to do that. He could have taped it in his basement. So, what was he doing in China?

Old 06-11-2013, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDusr View Post
Have to pay attention. There are certainly some angles that can be played here.
Lots of Drama and distraction occurring also.
That link includes some interesting info on the same companies.
CDusr allow me to get you started.

Z Big News… Dave Is Snowed In « Trade With Dave

From 9/11 To PRISMgate - How The Carlyle Group LBO'd The World's Secrets

Old 06-11-2013, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregm View Post
Would you but your butt on the line for others? Obviously not from your comment. I will remind you he didn't sell "secrets". He only revealed the overwhelming extent to what the NSA had already said they were doing.

Seriously, Fienstien knows more that Snowden ever will. And she is calling him a traitor. His information would have fallen on deaf ears with the 535 lapdogs in DC.
There was no reason for him to make his name and face known. He would have released the story and never reveal his identity. You are not asking the right questions. Why did he make his name and face known? Why did he go to China to do it?

Old 06-11-2013, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
There was no reason for him to make his name and face known. He would have released the story and never reveal his identity. You are not asking the right questions. Why did he make his name and face known? Why did he go to China to do it?
Well I guess I'm really missing it then. So please enlighten me 'why'.

Old 06-11-2013, 12:09 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
What a rabbit hole.

The NSA spying connections go back to the uber wealthy bin Laden family in Saudia Arabia.

I always said there's a small circle at the top.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies