Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2013, 07:06 PM

12,950 posts, read 13,346,261 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
Some have mentioned firearms companies moving or expanding to other states, I know Ruger built a new manufacturing facility about 75 miles northwest of Phoenix, in Prescott, Arizona, it's where they make their semi-automatic hand guns. Arizona is a very friendly state to the Second Amendment, and gun owners, so the factory will be around for a very long time.
I have several pistols made in Prescott - all nice reliable & well made guns.

Colt is welcome here in Texas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2013, 07:08 PM

6,331 posts, read 5,211,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post

So why are you guys going nuts about having to register guns made in Israel??

Old 06-11-2013, 07:23 PM

54,498 posts, read 33,869,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post

I also have 2 Ruger semi-autos made in Prescott and I love them. I also have a Colt 1911, and an AR-15 heavy barrel, they're also very well-made.

Colt will be very welcome in most states, and in Texas.

Old 06-11-2013, 07:33 PM

12,950 posts, read 13,346,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
Why should I have to register a gun made in Israel?

Old 06-11-2013, 07:41 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,937,526 times
We will be happy to have all the gun manufacturers here in Texas.. Ammunition manufacturers too...

Old 06-11-2013, 09:12 PM

54,498 posts, read 33,869,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
One reason - Registration will lead to confiscation, regardless of where the guns are made.

Registration is costly, and ineffective to reduce or eliminate crime, when criminals will certainly not be waiting in lines to register their guns, what it will do is create a database of law-abiding gun owners and our guns for the government to keep.

Old 06-11-2013, 09:54 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,016,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
So it is the almighty dollar over principle...or is it, the almighty dollar made on other's principles?
So just don't buy any. Simple as that!

Old 06-11-2013, 09:58 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,016,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
A few months? How large is the facility? What tax laws are involved with a move? What benefits can be gained by choosing one community over another.
I work for a big corporation. It literally takes a year or more for such choices to be made and that is just installing a new production line in an existing plant. Which plant???
It really isn't the same as finding a new lot to build a house.
Do you relocate staff? How many people do you offer relocation to? Do you keep it a Union Shop? It is a huge endeavor.
If they'd move the cry would go out "what about all the lost jobs?" and then they'd be trashed for causing all those people to be out of work and killing the economy of the area around them.
They'd obviously be attacked by the Union and most likely the government as well (just like was done with Boeing) even though it would be their policies that'd cause the move to begin with.

Old 06-11-2013, 10:08 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,937,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
If they'd move the cry would go out "what about all the lost jobs?" and then they'd be trashed for causing all those people to be out of work and killing the economy of the area around them.
They'd obviously be attacked by the Union and most likely the government as well (just like was done with Boeing) even though it would be their policies that'd cause the move to begin with.
Gun companies and gun accessory companies already ARE moving....

Old 06-11-2013, 10:16 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,969,090 times
Colt was in CT long before anyone alive now was....... like since 1839 or before..... google it.. I just know the Patterson Colt came out in 1839 and that Colt was in Ct then.........

I wish Colt would move to tax free NH.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies