Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2013, 07:08 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,969,090 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
You should be more worried about lighting strikes or bee stings, the odds are against you ever having to use your gun unless you live in a really, really bad area.
Funny you would say that. I did both. I shot a bad guy in the mid 80's as the cops were telling me on the phone that they were not my personal body guards...

Then in the mid 90's working in a classics wooden lake boats shop i got hit by lightning and so did the owners dog.

My so called bad area as you would put it was the town of Bartlett NH backed up to the White Mts National Forest.

Most of the crime there is committed by the grass which grows slow and the crime is having to mow it maybe 6 times in a year.

Other than that the biggest other crime is that the Chief of Police embezzled about 40,000 bucks from a non-existent DARE program and is still doing time for that. You will be glad to know he will never ever own any legal guns.

Likewise another of your would be cop hero's still doing time was Officer Lt Tierney of the Wolfboro Pd acting as DA for the town too boot.

He was charged with 512 counts of child molestation which were lumped into 4 felonies.

He may not know it, but when he gets out which won't be any time soon, has a date with me for calling my wife the 'C' word in the court house lobby.

It's unfortunate he won't have access to a legal gun that day, because he will wish he did. I just need to stay alive long enough to deliver.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2013, 07:30 PM

4,505 posts, read 6,482,709 times
We wouldn't need any laws or background checks for guns if the criminals weren't set free to obtain them in the first place.

My answer is that anyone that has committed a violent crime and is deemed not to be trusted with a firearm then they should not be trusted to be free.

Old 06-17-2013, 07:33 PM

46,289 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
You should be more worried about lighting strikes or bee stings, the odds are against you ever having to use your gun unless you live in a really, really bad area.
Anything to back this up?

Old 06-17-2013, 07:33 PM

3,401 posts, read 2,285,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwkilgore View Post
Many gun control people believe that if all guns were to disappear then there would be no need for police.
Really?

I would think the police might be useful in finding out who stole all the guns, if nothing else.

Old 06-17-2013, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborgt800 View Post
We wouldn't need any laws or background checks for guns if the criminals weren't set free to obtain them in the first place.

My answer is that anyone that has committed a violent crime and is deemed not to be trusted with a firearm then they should not be trusted to be free.
I'll buy that. Parole should be ended NOW. I asked my state reps about doing that, but didn't get any answer yet. I wanted to rend parole and the best way to do it is to make the judges, lawyers and social workers server the same time the x con would for his presented and future crimes.

In other words if the x con does any more crime on parole, those who signed also do that same time as if they did the crime. This is only for violent crimes.

Old 06-17-2013, 08:19 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,565,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborgt800 View Post

I am all for that!

Old 06-17-2013, 08:35 PM

6,331 posts, read 5,210,320 times
Quote:
I've been through some rough areas in Mexico, LA, Miami, and Chicago.

Never did I have a need for a gun.

Old 06-17-2013, 08:38 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,080,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
If you are in support of gun control or if you're against guns completely why do you call the police?
To protect us from people like you.

Old 06-17-2013, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
I've been through some rough areas in Mexico, LA, Miami, and Chicago.

Never did I have a need for a gun.
Never been to Mexico but I been to the rest, and while I had a gun I didn't need, I also had a spare tire and jack I didn't need too.

Old 06-17-2013, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
To protect us from people like you.
You betcha' You might call the nice police and see how they "feel" about your notions of them being your personal body guards. It might be a good idea to find out before you need them.

In the event SWAT shows up 3.5 hours after your demise will it still be good enough for you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies