Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2013, 08:54 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,867,274 times

Advertisements

I am waiting for clumsy, stupid, fragile, and non-PC to become diseases....

Old 06-18-2013, 08:54 PM

6,757 posts, read 8,289,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
i am no liberal as my posts on this forum will tell you. and i agree that poking fun at people is done all the time. but there is a fine line between poking fun and being just plain mean. yes i poke fun at myself for being overweight, and i poke fun at my friends for being skinny, but again i try never to cross the line from poking fun to being mean.
Far too many have no idea that line exists, let alone where it is. Several of them have already appeared in this thread.

Old 06-18-2013, 08:58 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,863,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emeraldmaiden View Post
Far too many have no idea that line exists, let alone where it is. Several of them have already appeared in this thread.
oh they know the line exists, they just dont care because they dont have to deal with being insulted on a regular basis by people who dont care about anothers feelings.

Old 06-18-2013, 08:59 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,897,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
Extremely poor taste, I'm disappointed in you.

Maybe this will lead to insurance companies paying for more early intervention that will head off more expensive problems down the line that are associated with obesity like type 2 diabetes, heart disease/failure, strokes, etc. My mother is diabetic and had a stroke 3 years ago; her conditions are due to her former obesity. She's no longer obese, but that's because she's too disabled to cook her own food, hit a drive through, or go to the kitchen and snack. My father prepares her meals for her. And gives her her insulin injections. Luckily my parents support themselves, but plenty of diabetic stroke patients cannot. It's insanely expensive.

Mom was in the hospital for 2 months as an in-patient on Medicare's dime. Let's try and prevent that, shall we?
Great post. We spend far too much time giving people drugs later, instead of working on building healthy habits early on. Whether or not they impact the scale. Everyone, no matter what weight they are should fucus on engaging in healthy habits. All of the rates of the "obesity diseases" would go down, even if the scale doesn't.

Old 06-18-2013, 09:04 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,021,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
i am no liberal as my posts on this forum will tell you. and i agree that poking fun at people is done all the time. but there is a fine line between poking fun and being just plain mean. yes i poke fun at myself for being overweight, and i poke fun at my friends for being skinny, but again i try never to cross the line from poking fun to being mean.
Who exactly decides where that "line" is? Maybe the government should step in and just jail people who cross the "line" as they see fit so nobody gets offended? I mean saying somebody is a bit chubby is gonna offend some loon somewhere. NSA has all the data they can just go through it and send out the po po and be done with it.

Old 06-18-2013, 09:12 PM

25,849 posts, read 16,543,687 times
I'm 51 and could easily lose 20 lbs or even more but man, these youngsters and their weight problems blow me away. My wife and I went to a concert a couple of months ago so decided to take the stairs to the upper level. It's about 10 big flights of stairs to get up there, but we handled it no problem. We stopped once to rest. But the twenty somethings we saw who I don't know if they ever made it. These kids are 100+ lbs overweight. And there are a lot of them.

I weep for them, what kind of a life is that?

Old 06-18-2013, 09:18 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,976,878 times
Fat people can take some responsibility can they not? i saw a women that needed 2 friggin chairs in a Dairy Queen stuffin her fat face with crap food and 4 deserts! Then she paid with a ebt card.

I am 61 years old walking wounded and if i got like that I wouldn't be able to move at all. i get 0 aid from anyone, so if i don't work i don't eat or pay rent.

Seeing a 400 pound woman maybe 45 years old spending MY TAX money is upsetting.

I do 160 sit ups every day.... I stand 5'10" and weigh 160..... I can probably kick most 20 year old males asses if i felt like it.

Get fit go do something. Or if I get my way i will farm you and harvest FAT. Setting about feeling sorry for yourselves isn't going to cut it with me.

I got handed a pre-existing sentence, where you can't get a real world job for trying, so I had to fend for every last thing i got and no one felt sorry for me for getting crushed on the job. AIG got bailed out but i didn't and they were my workers comp carrier.

I don't feel sorry for anyone, not even me. I really don't like fat losers and pansy boys whimps.

The idea of a Govt line is a riot. I bet that line is probably 50 pounds over weight.

Old 06-18-2013, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Fat people can take some responsibility can they not? i saw a women that needed 2 friggin chairs in a Dairy Queen stuffin her fat face with crap food and 4 deserts! Then she paid with a ebt card.

I am 61 years old walking wounded and if i got like that I wouldn't be able to move at all. i get 0 aid from anyone, so if i don't work i don't eat or pay rent.

Seeing a 400 pound woman maybe 45 years old spending MY TAX money is upsetting.

I do 160 sit ups every day.... I stand 5'10" and weigh 160..... I can probably kick most 20 year old males asses if i felt like it.

Get fit go do something. Or if I get my way i will farm you and harvest FAT. Setting about feeling sorry for yourselves isn't going to cut it with me.

I got handed a pre-existing sentence, where you can't get a real world job for trying, so I had to fend for every last thing i got and no one felt sorry for me for getting crushed on the job. AIG got bailed out but i didn't and they were my workers comp carrier.

I don't feel sorry for anyone, not even me. I really don't like fat losers and pansy boys whimps.

The idea of a Govt line is a riot. I bet that line is probably 50 pounds over weight.
There's not many men left like you Mac. You're from another era when more was expected of men. Good for you, keep it up. I have to try that sit up routine you have going LOL.

Old 06-18-2013, 09:21 PM

1,855 posts, read 3,611,663 times
Considering that red states are more obese than blue states, I'm fine with our fighting keyboard commandos here pshawing this news. Eat up, guys!

Old 06-18-2013, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoutboy View Post
Considering that red states are more obese than blue states, I'm fine with our fighting keyboard commandos here pshawing this news. Eat up, guys!
They can thank air conditioning in the south for more than over population. Obesity belongs on the list too.

It's like the far north in the winter, unless you get out in the sub zero weather and ski or walk or cut wood, something you're going to get fat. It's just mathematics. Same with the 100 degree weather in the south.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies