Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2013, 08:19 AM

4,538 posts, read 4,812,567 times

Advertisements

There seems to be an element in the Jodi Arias trail that is bringing out the viciousness of Americans. I just watched an investigative id show where 3 Hell's Angels viciously killed a woman who rather naively went to their clubhouse. One of the killers got 20 years, another who cut a deal got 5 years probation.

You have the Nightstalker who tortured and killed scores of women in jail for life.

So what exactly did Jodi do that was so heinous? She was in a relationship with someone she was madly in love with, who was just using her as a kinky sex toy, while telling her at the same time that she was not good enough to marry. Is that a wise thing to do to a woman? If she snapped, does that make her a danger to society? No, but maybe it makes her a danger to self indulgent a-holes that want to use and abuse women.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2013, 08:25 AM

78,432 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAMERCAT View Post
There seems to be an element in the Jodi Arias trail that is bringing out the viciousness of Americans. I just watched an investigative id show where 3 Hell's Angels viciously killed a woman who rather naively went to their clubhouse. One of the killers got 20 years, another who cut a deal got 5 years probation.

You have the Nightstalker who tortured and killed scores of women in jail for life.

So what exactly did Jodi do that was so heinous? She was in a relationship with someone she was madly in love with, who was just using her as a kinky sex toy, while telling her at the same time that she was not good enough to marry. Is that a wise thing to do to a woman? If she snapped, does that make her a danger to society? No, but maybe it makes her a danger to self indulgent a-holes that want to use and abuse women.
1. You didn't give a link to the facts of the biker killing, making it impossible to discuss.

2. You didn't note the different states of occurrence with some states having the DP and others not having a DP.

3. I love the part where you say if she snapped (and stabbed someone a couple dozen times) that she's not a danger to society.

I'm curious how he abused her? Did she get carpal tunnel in her good stabbin' hand?

Old 06-20-2013, 08:38 AM

2,538 posts, read 4,712,431 times
Quote:

It often boils down to premeditation. If you pre-plan to kill someone that is almost always capital or 1st degree murder, which automatically qualifies as a capital offense in most states. If you kill someone during a random or unplanned act then it will usually only count as 2nd degree murder or less, which is usually life in prison at most. The actual method or harshness of the murder might be exactly the same, the only difference being the whether it is planned or not. I guess in the eyes of the law and in the eyes of most criminologists, planning to kill someone shows a much deeper level of sickness or evil than a random act of rage. I'm not sure I agree with that, but that is usually how the law is. There are exceptions of course. Even an unplanned murder can rise to 1st degree if it can be proved that the perpetrator had a reason to believe that someone might be killed during their actions. For example, robbing a bank while heavily armed. Even if you did not intent to kill someone, if you shoot the teller because they refuse to give you the money then you will most likely be charged with 1st degree murder. Same goes with killing a cop.

Old 06-20-2013, 08:40 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,944,294 times
Quote:

Is this question for real???? What did she do that was heinous? My gosh, where do we even start?

People should be a lot more particular about who they sleep with - and I'm including the victim of this homicide when I say that.

Old 06-20-2013, 08:41 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,114,106 times
Why not include a couple of links in there, just for ****s and giggles.

And it's TRIAL not TRAIL.

Ramirez was sentenced to death, he was still appealing when he went to shake Satan's hand on June 7th.

Jodi Arias stabbed her ex boyfriend 27 times in "self defense."

Last edited by carterstamp; 06-20-2013 at 08:49 AM..

Old 06-20-2013, 08:56 AM

4,738 posts, read 4,435,394 times
Quote:

1) murder cases are unique, as well as circumstances. What happened to some hells angels. . .has nothing to do with Jodi Arias

2) So I had to look this up. Not that familiar with Jodi. So it says on Wikipedia that Jodi Arias killed Travis Alexander " Alexander had been stabbed repeatedly, his throat had been cut and he had been shot in the head".

Looking at the case, self defense didn't work.

So she goes to jail or death penalty.

Seems about right

Old 06-20-2013, 09:01 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,198,692 times
That Biker was only dancing with Lil Wayne and the lady was holding the flag.

Purely an accident or manslaughter.

Is that the biker you're referring too ?

Old 06-20-2013, 09:04 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,673,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
1. You didn't give a link to the facts of the biker killing, making it impossible to discuss.

2. You didn't note the different states of occurrence with some states having the DP and others not having a DP.

3. I love the part where you say if she snapped (and stabbed someone a couple dozen times) that she's not a danger to society.

I'm curious how he abused her? Did she get carpal tunnel in her good stabbin' hand?
You need a link to discuss?

1. Not everything you get a link to is true.
2. Why are you discussing it?

Old 06-20-2013, 09:47 AM

50,816 posts, read 36,501,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFromChicago View Post
1) murder cases are unique, as well as circumstances. What happened to some hells angels. . .has nothing to do with Jodi Arias

2) So I had to look this up. Not that familiar with Jodi. So it says on Wikipedia that Jodi Arias killed Travis Alexander " Alexander had been stabbed repeatedly, his throat had been cut and he had been shot in the head".

Looking at the case, self defense didn't work.

So she goes to jail or death penalty.

Seems about right
To me, too. Self-defense wasn't even her first story. First she claimed she wasn't even in Travis' state let alone his home - when the cops showed her proof she was there, she changed it to armed, masked intruders who tied her up and killed Travis. Then the cops showed her her own camera, which somehow got triggered during the murder, and showed her own foot...that's when it became the "self defense" story that she then stuck with. I suspect the OP maybe has a little bitterness toward men/relationships.

Old 06-20-2013, 09:59 AM

78,432 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
You need a link to discuss?

1. Not everything you get a link to is true.
2. Why are you discussing it?
I asked for info about the biker case, you know...get the facts before coming to an opinion if their sentences were appropriate or not.

I discussed the Arias case as I know the facts there.

Lastly, I've seen enough of your links to absolutely know not everything on the internet is true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies