Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2013, 09:20 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,244,067 times

Advertisements

truth be told here is how I see it.
Wanna be thug meets wanna be hero.
Both are pretty much idiots.
Both made very bad decisions.
One paid with his life.
One deserves to be held accountable if he violated the others rights, and or the law.

Old 06-21-2013, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonarchist View Post
That could be construed as an inquisition!
or a normal question.
You are walking down the street minding your own business.
Some guy is following you every turn.
you have choices.
Confront- Hey why are you on my azz?
Ignore and hope for the best, but wonder if the guy is trying to set you up for something bad.
Call the police. reaching for your cell the guy might assume that you are going for a gun and shoot you. Hey it happens and to often even to the police.
Finally run for your house.
The final answer. Do you really want someone to follow you to your house?
question? Is an inquisition as you put it illegal? Why didn't GZ watch captain just ask TM why he was in the neighberhood? Why the cloak and dagger?

Old 06-21-2013, 09:24 PM

3,846 posts, read 2,388,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
I'm not sure you have to go very far on that one. It doesn't have to be insurance money, it could just be ego.
Egomotive?

Some say locomotive.

Provoking a stalker?

Some of those stalkers are very touchy.

They have feelings, too, you know!

Old 06-21-2013, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Egomotive?

Some say locomotive.

Provoking a stalker?

Some of those stalkers are very touchy.

They have feelings, too, you know!
LOL yes they are,

Old 06-21-2013, 09:27 PM

4,698 posts, read 4,081,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
GZ has also been in trouble with the law.
Sure, but still not at the same level as Trayon Martin.

Quote:
TM wasn't innocent and on past thread I argued with people for calling him a child. A child he was not. Innocent he was not. That still doesn't mean that the young man should not be allowed to walk down the street in peace.
By GZ's own acct Martin wasn't breaking any laws. GZ didn't like the looks of him and suspected he was a bad guy. This is my problem with GZ. Who is he to decide who has the right to walk on the side walk?
He did not just walk down the street. Then he would have been home way before this incident happened. Martin did run about 3-4 minutes before he got shot in the same area. So he must have returned. Also, I wouldn't be surprised if he was responsible for some of the previous incidents in that community.

Zimmerman had all right as neighborhood watchman to figure what he is up to. But the question is rather, what happened in the confrontation. Did Zimmerman act like a cop, and martin hit him in the nose, or did Martin approach him and beat him up.

Old 06-21-2013, 09:29 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,598,905 times
Quote:
Egomotive?

Some say locomotive.

Provoking a stalker?
If you will admit you don't know the facts, since they have not yet come out, then this may be a possibility. Zimmerman may be completely guilty; I don't know. His story is, from what I heard, that he was going back to his truck when confronted. At that point, he is no longer a stalker. Zimmerman may be guilty, and Trayvon may have attacked him, and it may have been a horrible collection of circumstances where neither managed it well. If you would remove political interests or biases, then you might admit there are many possibilities, and you are not in a position to determine the facts.

Old 06-21-2013, 09:31 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,191,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
I understand GZ banged his own head into that sidewalk just so he could shoot a young black man.
If you've been around here long enough, the other laughable comment you'll hear is that he also called teh police, just to delay them from coming.. I find it hard to believe most of these people can get dressed in the morning without directions.

Old 06-21-2013, 09:36 PM

3,846 posts, read 2,388,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
If you will admit you don't know the facts, since they have not yet come out, then this may be a possibility. Zimmerman may be completely guilty; I don't know. His story is, from what I heard, that he was going back to his truck when confronted. At that point, he is no longer a stalker. Zimmerman may be guilty, and Trayvon may have attacked him, and it may have been a horrible collection of circumstances where neither managed it well. If you would remove political interests or biases, then you might admit there are many possibilities, and you are not in a position to determine the facts.
"Something" compelled Zimmerman to act.

He bravely went where he should not have gone.

Did he earn a Neighborhood Watch Bravery Citation?

Old 06-21-2013, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camlon View Post
Sure, but still not at the same level as Trayon Martin.

He did not just walk down the street. Then he would have been home way before this incident happened. Martin did run about 3-4 minutes before he got shot in the same area. So he must have returned. Also, I wouldn't be surprised if he was responsible for some of the previous incidents in that community.

Zimmerman had all right as neighborhood watchman to figure what he is up to. But the question is rather, what happened in the confrontation. Did Zimmerman act like a cop, and martin hit him in the nose, or did Martin approach him and beat him up.
Road rage and from what I have read spousal abuse. That is hefty enough.
Why he didn't just run home we will never know. Maybe he didn't want GZ to know where he lived.
Was he involved in previous incidents? No One knows.
Neighborhood watchmen doesnt give him the right to harassm or stop a man from walking down the street.
As many neighberhood watch people have posted on other threads. Their job is to observe and report to the police. Let the police do their thing. GZ was no cop.
We dont know what Martin did. We do know that he was found 40 feet from where GZ claims he was attacked. Found with a bullet wound to the heart. No blood trail so he didn't crawl there, or run there.
I have been in combat and seen men die from chest wounds. They don't travel 40 feet on there own power. Not from a blown out heart. This also leads me to deeply question GZ's version of events. They simply dont add up.

Old 06-21-2013, 09:42 PM

Quote:
"Something" compelled Zimmerman to act.

He bravely went where he should not have gone.

Did he earn a Neighborhood Watch Bravery Citation?
or he wanted to be a hero and because he had a gun felt brave.
What compelled Zimmerman?
What compells Volunteer fireman to light fires?
Cops to file false reports where they had to fire their guns?
Who knows what compelled him?
He should have won the complete idiot award.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.