Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2013, 09:55 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,839,718 times

Advertisements

Was just exposed to the pictures of Zimmerman's injuries. This is the first time I saw the photos. What appears to have happened is-

The two meet - insults are exchanged...Martin gives Zimmerman a very hard sucker shot in the face knocking him down.. Zimmerman knows he is out match physically- He is enraged...He gets up and point the gun. Martin is shot but does not die instantly - he manages to cry out for help knowing the shot is probably fatal.

Political complications: The President of the United states taints the whole affair legally and socially by commenting on the matter - To para phrase "If I had a son he would have looked like Martin" -

Now Obama has foolishly caused a racial divide and compromised a judicial inquiry...all in the hope of milking some political points out of emotionalism - MESS.

Old 06-21-2013, 09:56 PM

3,846 posts, read 2,389,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
As I said before I think two wanna be's went head to head and the 1 with the gun won.
So far.

Old 06-21-2013, 09:56 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,249,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioRules View Post
911 people are professionals? lols.

Nobody is under any legal or moral obligation to anything a 911 operator says. Nor should they be.

If he was determined to kill this guy because he was black, or for any other reason, he never woulda called 911 in the first place. I mean, who calls the government to tell them they are going to commit a crime? lols.

This is why I believe Zimmerman thought he was acting in self-defense.
seriously? Normally we dont disagree.
Maybe he called 911 to make it look like he was on the up and up. Volunteer firemen lighting fires. They do it all the time.
We had a rash of barn fires. Turned out to be not 1 but 2 volunteer firemen doing it. LOL Neither one knew that the other was doing it too.

Old 06-21-2013, 09:57 PM

3,038 posts, read 2,517,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonarchist View Post
No, he called the police for "cover" of innocence.

lols.

I hope the prosecutor doesn't argue that. He would be disbarred.

Old 06-21-2013, 09:57 PM

4,698 posts, read 4,083,582 times
Quote:
Road rage and from what I have read spousal abuse. That is hefty enough.
Why he didn't just run home we will never know. Maybe he didn't want GZ to know where he lived.
Was he involved in previous incidents? No One knows.
I have some doubts about the spousal abuse, because they were getting divorced and claiming spousal abuse is a common tactic in divorce courts. In fact both of them asked for a restraining order.

But you are right he has been trouble before, but nothing like Trayon Martin who was really heading the wrong direction.

Quote:
Neighborhood watchmen doesnt give him the right to harassm or stop a man from walking down the street.
As many neighberhood watch people have posted on other threads. Their job is to observe and report to the police. Let the police do their thing. GZ was no cop.
Going up to someone and ask what they are up to is not acting like a cop. Its not uncommon that someone will come up to you during night.

But it is the confrontation that matters. A neighborhood watchman should certainly not try to restrain him.

Quote:
We dont know what Martin did. We do know that he was found 40 feet from where GZ claims he was attacked. Found with a bullet wound to the heart. No blood trail so he didn't crawl there, or run there.
I have been in combat and seen men die from chest wounds. They don't travel 40 feet on there own power. Not from a blown out heart. This also leads me to deeply question GZ's version of events. They simply dont add up.
From what I have read, Zimmerman's account of events correspond to where he got shot. He said he was returning to his car. Not that he got back to his car.

But the question still remains, why didn't Martin return home? I don't find your explanation very satisfactory. Also, if he really was afraid of him seeing where he lived, then why did he head back in the same direction. This might be hard for Martins attorney to explain in court.

Old 06-21-2013, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonarchist View Post
No, he called the police for "cover" of innocence.
"Color" of innocence, that is!

Old 06-21-2013, 09:58 PM

2,886 posts, read 4,114,996 times
At this point I say let they judge,jury,and everyone else directly involved with the case deal with it. I've had it with makeing a court case into a public debate.

Old 06-21-2013, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camlon View Post
I have some doubts about the spousal abuse, because they were getting divorced and claiming spousal abuse is a common tactic in divorce courts. In fact both of them asked for a restraining order.

But you are right he has been trouble before, but nothing like Trayon Martin who was really heading the wrong direction.

Going up to someone and ask what they are up to is not acting like a cop. Its not uncommon that someone will come up to you during night.

But it is the confrontation that matters. A neighborhood watchman should certainly not try to restrain him.

From what I have read, Zimmerman's account of events correspond to where he got shot. He said he was returning to his car. Not that he got back to his car.

But the question still remains, why didn't Martin return home?
All kinds of reasons you wouldn't want a creep to know where you live.

Old 06-21-2013, 10:01 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,249,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camlon View Post

But the question still remains, why didn't Martin return home? I don't find your explanation very satisfactory. Also, if he really was afraid of him seeing where he lived, then why did he head back in the same direction. This might be hard for Martins attorney to explain in court.
hard to say why he didn't go home. If I felt threatened by someone I might not lead them back to my home either. If TM was gang bangin he may have felt Zimmerman was a rival. Who knows. Young people dont always use their heads and often totally choke when under pressure.
BTW good and fair post.

Old 06-21-2013, 10:03 PM

3,038 posts, read 2,517,715 times
Quote:
seriously? Normally we dont disagree.
Maybe he called 911 to make it look like he was on the up and up. Volunteer firemen lighting fires. They do it all the time.
We had a rash of barn fires. Turned out to be not 1 but 2 volunteer firemen doing it. LOL Neither one knew that the other was ding it too.

So he just decided he was gonna kill some guy walking down the street but decided to call 911 beforehand to make it look like self-defense. LMFAO.

Zimmerman has no record of violence but just out of the blue he's gonna kill someone for no reason on a public street where there could easily have been several witnesses.

Wouldn't it had made more sense to walk up to Martin, shoot him, and drive off quickly? Instead he calls 911, letting him know who he is and practically inviting the authorities to show up? Then he starts a fist fight (when he has a gun) taking the chance of alerting witnesses. lols.

I hope you are not an attorney.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies