Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2013, 09:53 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,507,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Yes, this again. Seems to me the garbage came the witness who said Trayvon was throwing MMA style punches. Interesting that there were no marks on Trayvons hands and no signs of Zimmerman being beaten in the face 20 to 30 times "MMA" style.

The first witness was looking out her window for the part when Trayvon was shot. She also testified to a loud angry voice. This witness had taught middle school for ten years and had more familiarity to the voices of young people than most.
Witness Good long ago retracted, revised, withdrew his MMA-style blows description. That was Not his testimony today.

The 1st witness did Not see who screamed. Being a former teacher is now qualification to determine it was a 'boy' screaming, tm specifically, rather than an adult, gz specifically ? Ridiculous. Maybe she once dated a voice recognition expert.

Old 06-28-2013, 09:56 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,650,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Witness Good long ago retracted, revised, withdrew his MMA-style description. That was Not his testimony today.

The 1st witness did Not see who screamed. Being a former teaher is now qualification to determine it was a 'boy' screaming, tm specifically, rather than an adult, gz specifically ? Ridiculous. Maybe she once dated a voice recognition expert.
Today he said that the person on top could have simply been holding the person he was straddling down.

And he heard no sounds of punching or a skull being wacked on pavement.

Old 06-28-2013, 10:08 PM

6,137 posts, read 4,861,475 times
Quote:
Jesus! Have you ever heard of brainstorming?? Investigators and attorneys do it all the time, that's part of working a case.
Aren't you the one that gave me a paragraph long screed last week about how what I was saying was irrelevant because it couldn't be used as evidence in trial?

Old 06-28-2013, 10:09 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,407,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Witness Good long ago retracted, revised, withdrew his MMA-style blows description. That was Not his testimony today.

The 1st witness did Not see who screamed. Being a former teacher is now qualification to determine it was a 'boy' screaming, tm specifically, rather than an adult, gz specifically ? Ridiculous. Maybe she once dated a voice recognition expert.
Geeezzzus! These are lay witnesses. They use their everyday experiences and knowledge to evaluate what they see and hear. YES, being a school teacher for ten years gives her far more "expertise" in the sound of kid's voices than I would have. Your remarks are becoming more snide with each post. What's your problem with my having dated a Medical Examiner? They are human beings and they have social lives. Are you jealous that I work in a field where I meet people like that? Does your legal "work" bring you into contact with other professionals be it expert witnesses, attorneys, investigators, psychologists, psychiatrists, etc.? And if not, is that what motivates you to make snide remarks to me and clearly imply that I am lying?

Old 06-28-2013, 10:09 PM

39,870 posts, read 26,508,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
There is a photo of Trayvon right after he was shot at this link. It is photo #2. His hoodie is not soaked through into a dark grey.

Trayvon Martin shooting pictures: Evidence photos released in shooting death of Sanford, Florida, teen - OrlandoSentinel.com
I don't know...I assume what looks like yellow power or paint on the ground is actually due to a high intensity flashlight of some sort, but am not sure. The portions of his shirt that aren't right in what I'm assuming are the beam of the light are very dark indeed. As they would be to someone looking at him on a dark, unlighted path at night. Could be wrong though.

Old 06-28-2013, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBarrow View Post
Aren't you the one that gave me a paragraph long screed last week about how what I was saying was irrelevant because it couldn't be used as evidence in trial?
Exactly what did I say in my post which I claimed could be used as evidence in the trial? I believe my last sentence was we'll have to wait to see if the State has evidence to prove such a theory.

When was the last time you worked on a legal team in a criminal case?

Old 06-28-2013, 10:21 PM

6,137 posts, read 4,861,475 times
Quote:
Exactly what did I say in my post which I claimed could be used as evidence in the trial? I believe my last sentence was we'll have to wait to see if the State has evidence to prove such a theory.
Um, nothing? That is my entire point.

But it's great to hear that your speculation is perfectly valid, whereas others' is not. Real consistent position you've got there.

Old 06-28-2013, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Today he said that the person on top could have simply been holding the person he was straddling down.
I thought I heard some other witness or witnesses say the same thing, like the guy on top appeared to be holding down the guy on the bottom. That's where I got the idea about Zimmerman REACTING to being punched in the nose with anger NOT fear.

Old 06-28-2013, 10:30 PM

39,870 posts, read 26,508,031 times
Quote:
Jesus! Have you ever heard of brainstorming?? Investigators and attorneys do it all the time, that's part of working a case.

I'm posting MY SPECULATION and MY THEORIES of what happened. After all, this is a discussion board, and I think most people here are posting their opinions as they hear more and more testimony. What's with the snide mind reader remarks? You don't like by theory of the case, fine; just say it. In fact, brainstorming among the legal team based on more and more information they obtain thru investigation is how they come up with their theory of what really happened. This is a common practice when working post-conviction collateral appeals cases.

In my opinion, based on my experience investigating criminal cases, my scenario seems very likely based on listening to the testimony I've heard so far, and based on the information I have heard from various sources regarding Zimmerman and his reputation for having a quick temper, being a very insecure man, and it didn't seem to take too much to set him off.

If you are so rigid in your beliefs, then it may not be others who have mental stability problems. Or maybe you're just not very creative so all this sounds strange to you.
I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. You did say
Quote:
I'm speculating right now, and it seems to me probable that...
unlike some posters who keep stating with utter certainty not only what Zimmerman did but what he thought, and how Trayvon was incapable of doing something as evil as attacking another human being. Your theory...even if it doesn't fit the evidence or testimony very well.

Honestly, I'll wait for more evidence and testimony. About the only evidence to date that works badly for Z is the claim from the one lady that said the voice (calling/screaming for help) sounded more like a childs than an adult. I've never heard M speak, does he have sort of a "childlike" voice? I've always thought it somewhat odd how "mousy" Zimmerman's voice sounds. Far from a commanding, authoritative one. While all the visual observations seem to support Zimmerman's claims of SD. As I said earlier, the evidence from the gunshot wound will be a clincher. If the pathologist can determine that it was fired from say 20 feet away, I'd have a hard time believing SD in this case. While if it was say 2 foot or less, it would be much more likely.

My understanding is that Zs temper issues were some 7 years in the past, is this correct? While Ms multiple suspensions, episode with suspected stolen jewelry and burglary tools, as well as videos of violent fights and handguns were quite recent. While everyone is different, many people are much more mature and less prone to picking fights or committing crimes by their late twenties, than say their late teens. If we were introducing statements about past tempers...I'm not sure whose history would be more of a determining factor for the jurors.

Old 06-28-2013, 10:32 PM

3,846 posts, read 2,384,804 times
If Zimmerman's jacket were zipped up, how in thee hell could he draw his gun with Martin on top?

And, even if he could, Martin would have grabbed his wrist with both hands and slammed the gun into the ground, over and over.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies