Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2010, 11:41 AM

13,186 posts, read 14,982,506 times

Advertisements

Caught fighting the Americans in Afghanithan at the age of 15.

Glenn Greenwwald

the military commission ordered by Eric Holder begins for Omar Khadr, a Canadian-born, Afghanistan-residing detainee encaged at Guantanamo for seven years -- since he was 15 years old -- on "war crimes" and "terrorism" charges that he was involved in a firefight with American military forces who, revealingly enough, were using a former Soviet military base as their outpost. Khadr was wounded in the battle, imprisoned at Bagram, then at Guantanamo, claims he was severely tortured into falsely confessing, and made worldwide news when a video of him weeping, begging for medical help, and crying for his mother during an interrogation was released. Apparently, if the U.S. Army invades a foreign country, anyone who fights against that invading force -- including a 15-year-old boy -- is a "war criminal" and a "Terrorist," even the Worst of The Worst, which is, of course, all that we're currently holding at Guantanamo. Now that's some robust propaganda.

Account and video of his Guantanamo interregation.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/...n4261852.shtml
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2010, 12:14 PM

4,507 posts, read 9,065,142 times
Too bad, so sad. Well, sad for the soldier that was killed when this terrorist threw a grenade. Let him cry for his mommy or Allah or whoever....you don't get a pass for being a terrorist because you are 15 and crying.

Hopefully, after a fair trial, he will spend the rest of his miserable life in prison.

Old 04-27-2010, 12:19 PM

218 posts, read 239,578 times
There is nothing to proud about. This is like saying you are proud when the cops stopped beating up Rodney King. This trial should have happened sooner and if he is guilty, he should be punished.

Additionally, Obama is taking after Bush regarding habeas corpus and indefinite detention. He only brought this to trial because he was probably pressured and would have lost if it went to the Supreme Court.

There are still plenty of prisoners in Gitmo who Obama has declared "too dangerous to release", but won't try them. Tell me, how do you arrive at a guilty conclusion without a trial?

Obama **** poor record on habeas corpus and endorsement for indefinite detention.
Glenn Greenwald - Salon.com

Old 04-27-2010, 12:45 PM

39,874 posts, read 26,514,597 times
I think this man is much more relevant than a terrorist:

Sgt. First Class Christopher J. Speer

Quote:
Six days before he received the wounds that killed him, Sgt. 1st Class Christopher J. Speer walked into a minefield to rescue two wounded Afghan children, according to fellow soldiers. He applied a tourniquet to one child and bandaged the other, they said. Then he stopped a passing military truck to take the wounded children to a U.S. Army field hospital.

Speer saved those children, his colleagues said.

That selfless act was among the memories of Speer celebrated on Tuesday as Army soldiers, their families and friends filled the sanctuary of The Village Chapel in Pinehurst for Speer's funeral.
This would be the man that Khadr and his pals killed, keep that in mind before you cry too many tears for the long-suffering terrorist.

Old 04-27-2010, 01:55 PM

19,846 posts, read 12,106,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
I think this man is much more relevant than a terrorist:

Sgt. First Class Christopher J. Speer

This would be the man that Khadr and his pals killed, keep that in mind before you cry too many tears for the long-suffering terrorist.

Sadly, there are many in this country who worry more about terrorist's rights than the lives of our own soldiers.

Old 04-27-2010, 02:11 PM

3,566 posts, read 3,734,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Caught fighting the Americans in Afghanithan at the age of 15.

Glenn Greenwwald

the military commission ordered by Eric Holder begins for Omar Khadr, a Canadian-born, Afghanistan-residing detainee encaged at Guantanamo for seven years -- since he was 15 years old -- on "war crimes" and "terrorism" charges that he was involved in a firefight with American military forces who, revealingly enough, were using a former Soviet military base as their outpost. Khadr was wounded in the battle, imprisoned at Bagram, then at Guantanamo, claims he was severely tortured into falsely confessing, and made worldwide news when a video of him weeping, begging for medical help, and crying for his mother during an interrogation was released. Apparently, if the U.S. Army invades a foreign country, anyone who fights against that invading force -- including a 15-year-old boy -- is a "war criminal" and a "Terrorist," even the Worst of The Worst, which is, of course, all that we're currently holding at Guantanamo. Now that's some robust propaganda.

Account and video of his Guantanamo interregation.

Guantanamo Interrogation Tape Released - CBS News
I assume the point you are trying to make is that it has taken too long to try this "youth." I agree. But whose fault is that? The Left in general and the ACLU fought military tribunals tooth and nail--thus delaying the implementation of those proceedings. Now you have the audacity to complain about delay? That's like the man who killed his two parents and then pleaded for clemency because he's an orphan. Think about it.

Old 04-27-2010, 02:16 PM

383 posts, read 222,726 times
1 man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter. This man was fighting for his country when it was invaded. Nothing wrong with that and I would suspect I would do the same thing.

Old 04-27-2010, 02:21 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,127,661 times
He killed an American Soldier. I have no sympathy for the guy. Hang him or put a piece of lead between his eyeballs. No matter to me.

Old 04-27-2010, 02:37 PM

383 posts, read 222,726 times
They invaded his country he was fighting back so they are the aggressors not him. He had every right to shoot at them and try to kill them.

Old 04-27-2010, 02:43 PM

20,462 posts, read 12,384,859 times
I see Blame America First got here before I did!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies