Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2013, 11:50 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,680,285 times

Advertisements

If Zimmerman was concentrating on reaching for his gun, and pulling it out and shooting Trayvon, why would he be screaming up until the exact second that the gun goes off? Surely he would stop screaming for the few seconds it took to reach the gun, pull it from the holster, aim it, and shoot.

Old 06-28-2013, 11:50 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,065,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
This makes sense to me. I've said from the beginning that it's odd that the screams stopped immediately after the gun went off, not seconds later. I've missed most of the trial, so I'm trying to catch up now. The witness who said he saw the 2 men struggling didn't mention it in his 911 call, did he? All he said was that someone was shot. Why didn't he mention the 2 men fighting during his 911 call?

Sorry if this has already been asked, but I think it's peculiar that he failed to mention he was outside and saw the struggle.
He did say they were wrestling on his 911 call and then focused on the gun shot. I too am catching up.

Old 06-28-2013, 11:52 PM

18,247 posts, read 22,595,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
He should have gone home.
Trayvon Martin was on his way home. George Zimmerman shouldn't have been playing Captain "cap-a-Black" and riding around with a loaded gun.

Had Travyon Martin been a 17 year old blond girl this entire trial would be White folks calling for George Zimmerman to be deported and yelling about illegal immigration.

Old 06-28-2013, 11:55 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,680,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Why would he feel remorse when he felt "it was god's plan" that he kill an unarmed teenager?

George Zimmerman and God
That's just creepy.

"I do wish that there was something, anything, I could have done that wouldn't have put me in the situation where I had to take (Martin's) life," said Zimmerman.

Yeah, like maybe not follow him? That shows a total lack of insight into the role he himself played in this incident.

Old 06-28-2013, 11:59 PM

3,846 posts, read 2,393,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
That's just creepy.

"I do wish that there was something, anything, I could have done that wouldn't have put me in the situation where I had to take (Martin's) life," said Zimmerman.

Yeah, like maybe not follow him? That shows a total lack of insight into the role he himself played in this incident.
Hey, you can't fight God, man.

Especially not when your on prescription psychotropics.

Old 06-29-2013, 12:05 AM

5,767 posts, read 5,029,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Valid? What do you mean by that? Speculation is speculation.
However, I do happened to know a little about the rules of evidence and the rules of procedure, and just a tiny bit about various laws, so some of the things I post do indeed have a valid basis. I am SPECULATING about how things happened that night. That means I'm "guessing" about how the events upfolded and why, based on my interpretation of the testimony I've heard and my ability to think creatively about these things. I'm not stating the speculation as a proven FACT. You're welcome to do the same.

Those of us who are skeptical of Zimmerman's accounts have valid reasons for doing so, and we are not the first to do so.

[quote]
Zimmerman detailed a harrowing night when he said a stranger accosted him for no reason and allegedly threatened to kill him. At least twice witnesses failed to come to his aid. One of the first things Zimmerman said to Det. Doris Singleton: The bad guys always get away.
Hinting that Zimmerman had left something out of his account, Serino asked over and over why Trayvon would have been so enraged as to deck a perfect stranger. Zimmerman, he suggested, had chased him.
“You wanted to catch him. You wanted to catch the bad guy, the f-----g punk who can’t get away,” Serino said, referring to words Zimmerman used on his call to police.

At one point, Zimmerman answered: “I wasn’t following him; I was just going in the same direction he was.” [end quote]

No, George wasn't stalking Martin...he just happened to be walking in the same direction. Why in God's name people believe anything that Zimmerman says is stunning. The transcript of the interrogation by Serino and Singleton is like Zimmerman's written statement, the reenactment and the story that he told his brother...there are inconsistencies between them. That apparently bothered the detectives as well.[LEFT]
Read more here: Tapes show Sanford Police grew skeptical of Zimmerman's story - Trayvon Martin - MiamiHerald.com[/LEFT]

Last edited by Evenstar51; 06-29-2013 at 12:10 AM.. Reason: edit dupicate link

Old 06-29-2013, 12:07 AM

14,268 posts, read 18,998,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
He did say they were wrestling on his 911 call and then focused on the gun shot. I too am catching up.
Okay, thanks. I guess I only heard a portion of it.

Old 06-29-2013, 12:13 AM

I have the last (maybe two) witnesses testimony to catch up on. However, here's my take. As I've repeated multiple times, I am learning about this case as I see it happen in court.

So far, this is what I think the prosecution has proven and what I would accept beyond a reasonable doubt if I had to 'decide' the case right now:
- Zimmerman was following Martin for some duration (has not proven for how long)
- Zimmerman and Martin met at or very near the Tee in the sidewalk
- There was a fight between the two with at least one of them yelling (has not proven who was yelling)
- It was raining
- Martin was on top of Zimmerman
- Zimmerman had visible injuries from the fight that indicated he was in a fight

Besides those things, everything else is not what I would call 'proven' by the prosecution. There's some other details but I just listed those things as they pertained to the fight and subsequent shooting. As the prosecution goes on, this might change, but this is what I perceive as what they've proven thus far.

If I were to decide the case today, right now, I would conclude that the prosecution did not prove beyond a reasonable doubt and it appears that Zimmerman was in a defensive position.

That being said, there is plenty of trial left but this is where my mind is at right now. Oh and as a by the way, some of the prosecution's witnesses have been terrible.

Old 06-29-2013, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Okay, thanks. I guess I only heard a portion of it.
In all fairness to you, most of the call was focused on the gunshot though.

Old 06-29-2013, 12:32 AM

6,046 posts, read 4,835,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonarchist View Post
Martin was backing away when Zimmerman shot him, which dropped him to his knees.

Then, Zimmerman straddled the Martin.
If it happened that way the fight was over. Martin backing up conceded that.

And then Zimmerman shot him.

That is murder.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies