Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2013, 05:40 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,673,685 times

Advertisements

I think Zimmerman's statement that he thought Trayvon was reaching for his gun is a lie, along with he "you're gonna die tonight" statement he attributed to Trayvon. Trayvon may indeed have seen the gun, saw Zimmerman trying to reach for it, and may have been grappling with Zimmerman to prevent that.

Trayvon knew that there were people around. In fact John Good had already stepped out and said he was going to call 911. There's no way Trayvon was going to try to shoot Zimmerman with people watching and police on their way. A black teenager shooting a white man? He would have known how that would go.

On the other hand, Zimmerman thought he would be in the right, since he lived there and probably knew very well Florida's stand-your-ground law, and he thought Trayvon was a criminal, or at least "didn't belong."

Old 06-29-2013, 05:41 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,915,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
No media portrayed him as a small child.
All of the many media pictures show him as a 12 year old child...

Old 06-29-2013, 05:47 PM

1,111 posts, read 1,738,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Spoiler Alert.

Ther's one more eyewitness who's 911 call and Initial statement were supportive of gz on the ground yelling for help.

A prediction --- when the state starts to introduce gz's statements along with the forensic evidence, you'll no longer think it looks like a slam dunk for gz.
I hope so simply because they (state) look real bad at this point. I want to see a 'fair' trial not one as lopsided as this fiasco has been so far.

In any murder trial the jury has to base it's decision on the facts presented, period. We won't even get into 'jury nullification,' that is a whole other can of worms.

I will assume for now that there is at least one level headed juror of the six that would call out another during deliberations who was speculating.

Old 06-29-2013, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
Works for me. I see you knew to whom I was referring, so as Killery would say, "What difference does it make?"
If she was on the jury zim would already be home eating ice cream. If a ambassador is of no importance, then what does another young black man mean?

Killery in 2016!

Old 06-29-2013, 05:53 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,675,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
All of the many media pictures show him as a 12 year old child...

This is a small child.

Old 06-29-2013, 05:54 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,056,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregm View Post
I hope so simply because they (state) look real bad at this point. I want to see a 'fair' trial not one as lopsided as this fiasco has been so far.

In any murder trial the jury has to base it's decision on the facts presented, period. We won't even get into 'jury nullification,' that is a whole other can of worms.

I will assume for now that there is at least one level headed juror of the six that would call out another during deliberations who was speculating.
This is my takeaway thus far in the trial. At present, there's no indication the prosecution has proven its case. Of course, the prosecution has not rested yet either.

Old 06-29-2013, 06:03 PM

Lawyers for the Martin family now say the case is not about racial profiling or race. WHAT!

An attorney for Martin’s family, meanwhile, suddenly declared Thursday that the high-profile case was not about race.

“It’s not about racial profiling,” Daryl Parks told reporters. “He was profiled (criminally). George Zimmerman profiled him.”

….Asked why he changed his take on the matter, Parks replied: “We never claimed this was about race.”

Really? Then why did Benjamin Crump say race was “the elephant in the room.” Racial injustice was the core of their argument. It was always about race to them. Race was what they used to transform this local shooting into a case of national importance. [More...]

Q. Many people see this as a story about race. Is it?

Crump: “It shouldn’t be about race. But race is the elephant in the room. Nobody believes that if you make Trayvon Martin white [and the Neighborhood Watch volunteer black], there’s no way he would not be arrested, and that’s the unfortunate and tragic truth of the matter. There is a double standard. That’s why race is involved in this case.

It is the state, not Team Crump, that has alleged since the beginning that Zimmerman profiled Martin as a criminal (not that he racially profiled Martin. )It’s good that Team Crump is now acknowledging the difference, but it is laughable to claim their new position isn’t backtracking.
Martin Family Attorneys Now Say Case Not About Race - TalkLeft: The Politics Of Crime

Via JustOneMinute.

Interesting…

Old 06-29-2013, 06:10 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,500,997 times
When a young person dies it is typically the parents who are approached first and asked to provide a photo. The grieving parents don't always have an up to date photo handy and that's why initially you wind up with old photos or high school graduation photos. Later you get the more recent & informal photos taken by friends.

Old 06-29-2013, 06:18 PM

1,209 posts, read 1,038,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
When a young person dies it is typically the parents who are approached first and asked to provide a photo. The grieving parents don't always have an up to date photo handy and that's why initially you wind up with old photos or high school graduation photos. Later you get the more recent & informal photos taken by friends.
But they were actual photos of Trayvon, unlike the one dishonest Michelle Malkin posted on her blog of someone else claiming it was him in order to paint him as a gangbanger.

Old 06-29-2013, 06:19 PM

7,783 posts, read 6,108,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
I am not saying you're wrong, only that it's in his testimony, not in the 911 call. Last year when the 911 calls were posted on the Sanford police website, I listened to them, and it was the same. He said he heard a gunshot. I cannot ever recall this man saying he was outside on the 911 call or that he peeked outside. It's just something I wouldn't leave out if I called 911. In fact, in his testimony he said he peeked outside while watching TV with his wife and said "stop it," but last year I read that he walked past the 2 men fighting on the ground and told them to stop. I mean, there are only so many witnesses, so I am sure this is the same man.

However, if the defense didn't question his story, I guess the news articles I read left out some details. I'm not accusing this witness of lying, only wondering why he didn't tell the 911 operator he was outside and saw 2 men fighting. I hear "911 Emergency" and then I hear him saying "I heard a gunshot" with no description of the fight he just witnessed.
You want to get the cops to respond in the fastest manner do you report a gunshot or start out with a fight in progress?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies