Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2013, 05:41 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,037,809 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Why don't you describe what you are referring?

On the general question, feeling pretty good. Weather is nice, life is good.
You're certainly not a coal mining Democrat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2013, 05:42 PM

67 posts, read 68,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
How are you feeling today?
You post like a junior high school girl.

Old 06-25-2013, 05:43 PM

11,086 posts, read 8,545,982 times
Yep, I drove through Charleston, WV in 2010. Anti Obama billboards lined the highway.

Old 06-25-2013, 05:46 PM

57,296 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
I think he is referring to the fact that your electric bill will probably go off the charts because your hero squatting in the White House is getting ready to rule by decree. You know, that thing that dictators do to get their way.
Off the charts? Natural gas is probably destroying the coal industry more than anything else, they won't even have a draft of the new regulations until June 2014

Quote:
The administration is not laying out new standards on its own. Instead, it plans
to work with industry, states, labor and other interest groups to develop them.
Obama directed the EPA to come up with a detailed draft proposal by June 2014
and a finalized version one year later.

Old 06-25-2013, 06:08 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,651,677 times
Coal miners can find jobs in alternative energy.

Have any of you not heard of mountain-top removal? I'm sure many residents of coal-mining country will be happy not to have to deal with this:

This is a Marsh Fork Elementary School, the Goals Coal Processing Plant and the Edwight surface mine (operated by Independence Coal and Alex Energy), in West Virginia.

More about the residents' objections to the coal mine and processing plant here:
http://auroralights.org/map_project/...hazy&article=3

Old 06-25-2013, 06:17 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
I don't know one single coal miner that voted for Obama. They detest the clean energy movement. West Virginians have hated Obama since his first election!
Democrats put the poor, the middle class in the Back of the Bus. Obama's big concern is not jobs but illegal aliens (for democratic votes) and the war on coal. Why not? It's not Obama's job that's going to be lost. It's not Obama's family that might go hungry.

Have fun in 2014 coal state Democrats

Old 06-25-2013, 06:23 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,532,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Democrats and the EPA put the poor, the middle class in the Back of the Bus. Obama's big concern is not jobs but illegal aliens (for democratic votes) and the war on coal. Why not? It's not Obama's job that's going to be lost. It's not Obama's family that might go hungry.

Have fun in 2014 coal state Democrats
Repeat after me - coal mining Democrats did not vote for Obama.

Got it?

They HATE Obama - probably even more than you do, if that's possible.

Old 06-25-2013, 06:24 PM

6,331 posts, read 5,211,294 times
Quote:
Repeat after me - coal mining Democrats did not vote for Obama.

Got it?

They HATE Obama - probably even more than you do, if that's possible.
No, it's not possible

Old 06-25-2013, 06:44 PM

12,265 posts, read 6,474,011 times
Natural gas is saving power plants that would have closed ..and creating jobs. A smart miner would quit whining and retrain.

New Castle power plant switching to natural gas - Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Old 06-25-2013, 06:51 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,271,173 times
Quote:
I don't know one single coal miner that voted for Obama. They detest the clean energy movement. West Virginians have hated Obama since his first election!
West Virginia voted for Joe Manchin after he did his big advertisement about his Target Shooting - after arriving in Washington, he votes pretty much the party line and is now anti-gun. He does what he is told and now is finding out what it's like to be under the bus. Pennsylvania voted for Obama and for Democrat CongressCritters.

You reap what you sow. A vote for Manchin was a vote for Obama and it happened twice.
So be it. It's not like people didn't know what was going to happen. Obama was up-front about bankrupting the Coal Industry. The side effect of that is going to be sky-rocketing energy costs for the Mid-West and other areas. The poorest citizens will suffer the most.

Sharpen you chainsaws for winter - so far they are not banning fireplace heat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies