Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2013, 05:25 PM

1,801 posts, read 2,924,960 times

Advertisements

Too many people use and abuse religion for their personal agendas how many times do you hear them say" oh God would not of approve of this or that" how many religious wars are fought in the name of religion, it is not the religion it is the people that are the problem.

Old 06-27-2013, 05:26 PM

462 posts, read 720,584 times
It could be because they are ostracized by all the major traditionalist religions. Wouldn't you hate an establishment that has ancient documents condemning something that you identify with? It's more surprising that still some that cling to these religions than it is that there are so many opposed to religion.

Old 06-27-2013, 05:34 PM

12,350 posts, read 9,722,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
I have secular arguments against gay marriage as well. The ruling yesterday usurped thousands of years of human history and nature. No society or culture had in its original founding in same sex marriage.
Agreed....and that's why I can't believe some who share our view are saying "it's over".

This is but an aberrational blip on history's timeline. Together nature and man's eternal need for individual freedom - most especially freedom of thought - will end this bizarre PC era well within this century. And no nation that has surrendered to the tyrannical forces on the "progressive" left will survive it....as survival always has - and always will - go the fittest.

Old 06-27-2013, 05:44 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,211,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
Agreed....and that's why I can't believe some who share our view are saying "it's over".

This is but an aberrational blip on history's timeline. Together nature and man's eternal need for individual freedom - most especially freedom of thought - will end this bizarre PC era well within this century. And no nation that has surrendered to the tyrannical forces on the "progressive" left will survive it....as survival always has - and always will - go the fittest.
Choosing who you marry isn't an individual freedom?
No one is telling YOU what to think, or believe. You are perfectly to think my marriage is not a "real" marriage. I have the freedom to think otherwise.

Old 06-27-2013, 05:49 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,566,426 times
Quote:
Psst you have no proof of this statement.
When did you choose to be straight [sic]?

Old 06-27-2013, 05:50 PM

1,805 posts, read 1,467,323 times
"Together nature and man's eternal need for individual freedom - most especially freedom of thought"

This is what will end organized religion and those who stubbornly cling to outmoded dogma.
I always find it amusing that so many who profess a faith in God have no faith that God can speak to their hearts. Instead they cling to the words of centuries old control freaks. Calling those words "the word of God". They are locked in darkness but call it light.

Old 06-27-2013, 06:02 PM

937 posts, read 1,135,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by revrandy View Post
When you are continually told by a group of folks that you are an abomination, you are going to hell and unworthy of the same love God gives you, of course you are going to leave the group that piles this on you.

It has only been recently that denominations will accept GLBT persons as equal, even then most do not. Thank MCC for starting the ball rolling. Now if the other whack-jobs fundies could actually read the bible in context, understand what the words meant (hint not homosexual as we think today), then maybe they would be more welcoming and GLBT persons will return to church.
But there's the other side that you are not considering. You can't expect people to change the Scriptures, or dismantle their religion and belief system simply because you don't agree with it.

Also, let's not act as though homosexuals are violently murdered by the Church in 2013.

Old 06-27-2013, 06:04 PM

4,585 posts, read 12,366,662 times
Quote:
They have chucked God out of their life and expect the rest of us to do so.

A Survey of LGBT Americans - Page 7 | Pew Social & Demographic Trends - Page 7
So what

Old 06-27-2013, 06:05 PM

3,124 posts, read 4,937,768 times
These threads of the @ss clown haters should all be lumped in to one "Sour Grapes" thread.

Old 06-27-2013, 06:10 PM

937 posts, read 1,135,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0marvin0 View Post
"Together nature and man's eternal need for individual freedom - most especially freedom of thought"

This is what will end organized religion and those who stubbornly cling to outmoded dogma.
I always find it amusing that so many who profess a faith in God have no faith that God can speak to their hearts. Instead they cling to the words of centuries old control freaks. Calling those words "the word of God". They are locked in darkness but call it light.
I can't judge others, because God is the best of Judges, and let's face it, all humans have sinned.

But since I believe in God, I can't possibly state that I think homosexuality is a good thing. I can however state that your life is your own business, and it's none of my concern.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies