Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2013, 09:37 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,822,450 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaySwelly View Post
Completely neutral question. I'm not trying to insinuate ANYTHING at all. I noticed that people were talking about genes, and I am just confused and would like some clarification.

If homosexuals are "born gay", does that mean that there is a "gay" gene? If not, is there another way to explain why that individual is gay from birth? I'm not a biology major haha, just a finance student. So I know little to nothing about how genes work.
Nature has always had mutations...and the degree of masculinity has always varied in all males...plus there is social conditioning and conditioning by parents and young experience...Some gays are born...some are made and others choose to be so...These variables ALL exist.

Being an older man I have seen in my time friends who were born this way and some that were conditioned at a young age....and people who are not gay who choose the "life style" - who are usually the dominant one of a "gay" pair..........This business that every last gay person is born this way - is absurd...Human beings are much more complex than that. I have noticed a trend in urban society in the last 30 years...more and more young men seem to THINK they are gay...than in the past. I would attribute this increase with the social condolence regarding all forms of sexual pleasuring.

Old 06-27-2013, 09:37 AM

9,229 posts, read 9,760,484 times
The "genes" do not necessarily work on gay individuals directly. They may just cause the mother to produce too much (or too little) hormones at some critical point. In any case, the genes are inheritable and are carried by gays and straights.

Old 06-27-2013, 09:40 AM

9,229 posts, read 9,760,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Nature has always had mutations...and the degree of masculinity has always varied in all males...plus there is social conditioning and conditioning by parents and young experience...Some gays are born...some are made and others choose to be so...These variables ALL exist.

Being an older man I have seen in my time friends who were born this way and some that were conditioned at a young age....and people who are not gay who choose the "life style" - who are usually the dominant one of a "gay" pair..........This business that every last gay person is born this way - is absurd...Human beings are much more complex than that. I have noticed a trend in urban society in the last 30 years...more and more young men seem to THINK they are gay...than in the past. I would attribute this increase with the social condolence regarding all forms of sexual pleasuring.
I agree.

And gays and lesbians are totally different too.
Experiments show that straight women can be turned on by lesbian sex activities, but straight men cannot be turned on by gay sex.

Old 06-27-2013, 09:49 AM

6,414 posts, read 10,493,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post
I NEVER said that. I said if gays stop reproducing, the frequency of genes related to homosexuality will drop.
That does NOT entail that gays produce gay children only.
There have been gay people since as long as we have existed and it is not because gays reproduce and if it is then it is because the gays that are reproducing and keeping the gene expression alive are those that have chosen to get married to the opposite sex to avoid persecution, as my older brother did and so did an uncle. So you could have something there. So gay marriage would not really increase or decrease the numbers because there have always been gay people reproducing under the guise of being straight. So, as many of you keep telling us, " you can always find someone of the opposite sex and get married" may just be helping there be more gays. Convoluted, but as you have said, genes have their ways of expressing themselves and as I said, I do know something about genetics. I have had many budgerigars and they have a large range of gene expressions that influence, inhance and alter other multiple genes to affect color, shades, color patterns and color distribution. All colors are available through breeding them but for the red gene which is absent in the budgie. I also have cockatiels and they have a broad range of gene expressions.

Old 06-27-2013, 09:55 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,211,524 times
Quote:
Nonsense. We do not have the same genes in many cases.
Argue that with the guys who have mapped the human genome.

Old 06-27-2013, 12:20 PM

25,848 posts, read 16,532,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlarson21 View Post
You get used to it. i've been through winter every year of my life, now you just know what to expect and how to deal.

gets to 60 below for weeks at a time here. harsh.
Really? 60 below? You mean windchill right? Have you ever actually been to North Dakota before?

Old 06-27-2013, 12:28 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,822,450 times
Quote:
I agree.

Experiments show that straight women can be turned on by lesbian sex activities, but straight men cannot be turned on by gay sex.
It might be the mothering thing...as infants males and females both loved to suckle from the breast...I can see how females as adults are still fascinated by the thought of the comfort that breasts provide. As for straight men being turned on by gay sex? I believe that straight men find the thought of gay sex as intrusive..and resent it much like a dog who resents it when another dog attempts to mount it to show dominance. People do not realize that a lot of gay sex is about dominance...much more so than straight sex could ever be. No man with common sense and dignity wants to be dominated by anything or anyone.

Old 06-27-2013, 12:30 PM

4,176 posts, read 4,671,220 times
Quote:
I agree.

What experiments??? Seriously, do you just sit around and dream up these things? Or is someone feeding them into your head?

Old 06-27-2013, 12:52 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,211,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
It might be the mothering thing...as infants males and females both loved to suckle from the breast...I can see how females as adults are still fascinated by the thought of the comfort that breasts provide. As for straight men being turned on by gay sex? I believe that straight men find the thought of gay sex as intrusive..and resent it much like a dog who resents it when another dog attempts to mount it to show dominance. People do not realize that a lot of gay sex is about dominance...much more so than straight sex could ever be. No man with common sense and dignity wants to be dominated by anything or anyone.
You know very very little about gay sex. It is probably best that you don't speak about things you aren't educated about.

Old 06-27-2013, 01:27 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,421,721 times
Quote:
The "genes" do not necessarily work on gay individuals directly. They may just cause the mother to produce too much (or too little) hormones at some critical point. In any case, the genes are inheritable and are carried by gays and straights.
Gay males have no discernible difference in testerone levels you're going to have to come up with something else. Even studies that conclude that homosexuality is inate can't out the bio contribution at between 30-70%.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies