Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2013, 05:32 PM

8,079 posts, read 10,085,641 times

Advertisements

Apparently this Saturday is 'avoid Starbucks Day' because of the lax policy which the coffee store has regarding armed patrons in their stores.

I am reminded once again of the masterful job which the NRA has done in completely squelching any gun regulations after the massacre at Newtown. Not only do we not have fewer guns, we now have guns in schools! Who would ever have thought that instead of fewer guns, we now, as the result of multiple shootings, have more guns, in more places, than ever?

What a terrible burden to have foisted on the people of Newton, and the other communities where gun shooters cut down their citizens for apparently nothing more than some sick joy. It took less than six months for Washington to be paid off, hook, line and sinker for what could have been the basis for fewer guns and less deaths from gun toting heroes.

To say I am appalled is an understatement. But you have to give credit for the speed and accuracy with which the NRA moved to ensure that the appropriate politicians were paid off quickly, and any serious gun reducing legislation was squelched before it saw the light of day. But, to end up as a result of the gun deaths with more guns, is just unimaginable.

Pray god it is not your family member next.

Old 08-21-2013, 05:41 PM

1,203 posts, read 1,242,959 times
Member of the NRA and proud of it. Glad my NRA dues are going to good use protecting my 2nd Amendment rights.

Fact: Jurisdictions that are more 2nd Amendment friendly consistently have less crime than neighboring and adjacent jurisdictions with anti-2nd Amendment gun control.

If one doesnt like Starbuck's pro-American policies, simply don't do business there anymore. That simple.

Old 08-21-2013, 05:52 PM

402 posts, read 686,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattOTAlex View Post
Member of the NRA and proud of it. Glad my NRA dues are going to good use protecting my 2nd Amendment rights.

Fact: Jurisdictions that are more 2nd Amendment friendly consistently have less crime than neighboring and adjacent jurisdictions with anti-2nd Amendment gun control.

If one doesnt like Starbuck's pro-American policies, simply don't do business there anymore. That simple.
i am too and I agree completely.

Old 08-21-2013, 06:02 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,510,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Bear View Post
Apparently this Saturday is 'avoid Starbucks Day' because of the lax policy which the coffee store has regarding armed patrons in their stores.
Looks like i'll be making a trip to Starbucks this Saturday.

Old 08-21-2013, 06:09 PM

372 posts, read 599,772 times
Way to go Starbucks!

Old 08-21-2013, 06:16 PM

10,261 posts, read 21,765,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattOTAlex View Post

I'm pro gun ownership (though no more "pro gun" than I'm "pro hammer" or "pro sawzall") but to consider being against gun ownership anti American is ridiculous. The give and take of politics and free expression of political views is very American. And in a free society no one point of view is more American than another; that's what political freedom and free speech mean.

Old 08-21-2013, 06:19 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,213,992 times
Gun restrictions fall apart for lack of support and Control Nuts say the NRA paid off politicians.

Old 08-21-2013, 06:35 PM

4,271 posts, read 8,176,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishtom29 View Post
I'm pro gun ownership (though no more "pro gun" than I'm "pro hammer" or "pro sawzall") but to consider being against gun ownership anti American is ridiculous. The give and take of politics and free expression of political views is very American. And in a free society no one point of view is more American than another; that's what political freedom and free speech mean.
Exactly 100% agree.

I could care less about a company's "stance" on political issues, and, frankly, am tired of everyone and everything being bullied these days...

Old 08-21-2013, 06:45 PM

1,203 posts, read 1,242,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishtom29 View Post
The U.S. Constitution is the longest lasting, most successful, most enviable, and most imitated constitution man has ever known. The United States Constitution has secured an unprecedented degree of human freedom, upholding the rule of law, securing the blessings of liberty, and providing the framework for the people of America to build a great, prosperous, and just nation unlike any other in the world.

To oppose a fundamental Right guaranteed by the Constitution -- the 2nd Amendment --is indeed un-American; no one would even assert otherwise if the Amendment in question was the 1st, 4th, 5th, or most indeed, the 13th and 14th Amendments.

Old 08-21-2013, 06:50 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,977,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Bear View Post

I am reminded once again of the masterful job which the NRA has done in completely squelching any gun regulations after the massacre at Newtown. Not only do we not have fewer guns, we now have guns in schools! Who would ever have thought that instead of fewer guns, we now, as the result of multiple shootings, have more guns, in more places, than ever?

What a terrible burden to have foisted on the people of Newton, and the other communities where gun shooters cut down their citizens for apparently nothing more than some sick joy. It took less than six months for Washington to be paid off, hook, line and sinker for what could have been the basis for fewer guns and less deaths from gun toting heroes.

To say I am appalled is an understatement. But you have to give credit for the speed and accuracy with which the NRA moved to ensure that the appropriate politicians were paid off quickly, and any serious gun reducing legislation was squelched before it saw the light of day. But, to end up as a result of the gun deaths with more guns, is just unimaginable.

Pray god it is not your family member next.
Guns are allowed in preschools/kindergartens now, in some states.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies