Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2013, 06:14 AM

10,834 posts, read 14,938,291 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
I don't get why the fact that she's black is in any way relevant either, unless the whole goal is to be a racist a**hat. The only reason her race might be significant is that she's the very FIRST woman of color that I know of who's been arrested for this crime. It's usually fairly young white female teachers. [/url]
It would only be relevant if she was Catholic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2013, 06:15 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,822,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
That wart looking thing under her nose is pretty nasty looking. I feel bad for those boys.

GRPS teacher jailed in sex case | WOOD TV8
From what I imagine in the positioning of her head the boys would not see the wart.

Old 06-30-2013, 06:17 AM

5,735 posts, read 3,254,101 times
Pointing out the race? It's the irony behind it. You never hear about minorities doing this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
This happens all the time, and it's reprehensible. But there are bad people in private schools and public schools, in churches and outside them. I don't think I've seen anyone say they know of a place where all children are safe all the time, where did you see that? Link? What is the purpose btw of pointing out, in the headline no less, that it's a black teacher? Does that have significance to this case for you?

Old 06-30-2013, 06:18 AM

5,735 posts, read 3,254,101 times
thats a hoot! for years everyone ASS-umed it was white male conservatives doing this or would accuse them of being conservative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffis View Post
What on earth does this have to do with her skin color or (supposed) political party affiliation?

How ridiculous.

Old 06-30-2013, 06:42 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,168,625 times
Here's a real question to ponder.

On one hand people are saying teenagers need more access to birth control, and day after pill.

Then we get mad when an older person has sex with them.

Then we say that minors should only have sex with minors.

Then in a state where it's illegal for an 18 year old to have sex with a minor, people get up in arms when an 18 year old is charged with the crime of having sex with a minor.

Talk about mixed messages.... HOW ABOUT, teaching responsibility? Yes I know sex is great, feels good, lotsa fun, enjoyable. I also was taught when I was in high school the realities of sex, and what can happen, and was responsible enough to wait for the right time, and take the right precautions, so that I made no children till AFTER I was married and ready for a family.

You cannot tell teenagers that they can do it, then who they cannot do it with, because if they know they are allowed to do it, they will at every chance, and they don't care who with.

Old 06-30-2013, 07:12 AM

18,466 posts, read 15,253,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
I agree. Dont know why some of these folks are trying ignore the elephant in the room....
I don't think anyone is ignoring it. It's just so obvious that its kind of, a given fact. Bringing it up feels like I'm merely stating the obvious.

Old 06-30-2013, 07:15 AM

3,457 posts, read 4,654,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
I was about to ask the same. what does her race have to do with it?
He is just promoting diversity!

Old 06-30-2013, 08:27 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,707,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
I suspect that it's more to show that the term pedophile is not limited to white males, and certainly not to Catholic priests. This woman is every bit the pedophile as any others are.
You are so perceptive.

Old 06-30-2013, 08:33 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,707,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Race is relevant why?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
I was about to ask the same. what does her race have to do with it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
race baiting for replies and views. race is irrelevant.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
It is if you consider the source.
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
What does her being Black have to do with this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
You've been asked why race is important by several people, and an answer would be nice.

Interesting that all of you focused on her race.

Old 06-30-2013, 08:43 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,198,692 times
I don't see how any teacher can put himself / herself in a position to have sex with a student.
A teacher should do everything possible to avoid even the charge whether it's true or false.

Why have sex with a student, there are enough men in MI that will do it.

Hope those kids aren't making false accusations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies