Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2013, 01:42 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,867,274 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Either way, the Africans get electricity.
Prove it... or is this the Democrat's Halliburton... shoddy electricity at a 7 billion price tag...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2013, 04:13 PM

2,860 posts, read 3,388,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekerSA View Post
You somehow think I support US investment? Perhaps look up the origins of Anglo America and then get back to us all on your profound knowledge of the region. They were THE biggest mining magnates here (and still are under proxy)

Until sanctions, America was deeply vested in Southern Africa. Where do you think all that gold in Fort Knox came from? Just like diamonds, gold has no real intrinsic industrial value/application other than it being an excellent conductor hence gold plated contacts in old stuff like relays and now modern PCs. Diamonds, an excellent abrasive. Rings and stuff not what it really is used for these days proportionally.

Kinda boils down to the golden rule, he who has the most gold makes the rules. Ergo, the price of gold and diamonds, both of which is in abundance here in SA (over 9 untapped kimberlite tubes owned by DeBeers) are set by the folk that have the monopoly.

I wonder where their head offices are situated?
It's a free market, deal with it. Why do you want our dollars, anyway. You don't deserve a penny from us. Clean up your own dirty closet, it ISN'T our problem.

Old 07-03-2013, 12:46 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,786,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motion View Post
As far as this private funding source to these African countries. What has been the track record for African governments using this money for what it was intended for?
That's the problem with the US giving "aid" to foreign countries. The US doesn't require any accountability or transparency by these countries to show where the money goes and the US doesn't monitor where they money goes (maybe because they already know?).

Old 07-03-2013, 12:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
Does anyone know where the 7 billion will come from? I didn't know we had $7 billion laying around... what happened to the sequester... apparently, even that won't stop Democrat overspending...
What do you do read the first post and then post?

Your question has been answered numerous times in this thread, but I guess you are too lazy to read through the posts to play catch up.

Old 07-03-2013, 01:57 AM

5,563 posts, read 7,217,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Govie View Post
It's a free market, deal with it. Why do you want our dollars, anyway. You don't deserve a penny from us. Clean up your own dirty closet, it ISN'T our problem.
Reading comprehension much?

I have been showing just how corrupt politicians are here and where the money will end up. We do not need your money, we actually need you to keep your noses out of other countries business.

Old 07-03-2013, 03:43 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,021,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
That's the problem with the US giving "aid" to foreign countries. The US doesn't require any accountability or transparency by these countries to show where the money goes and the US doesn't monitor where they money goes (maybe because they already know?).
You support it so you tell us where it goes. Obviously you don't care one way or the other as long as the women and children are the ones footing the bill.

Old 07-03-2013, 05:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
You support it so you tell us where it goes. Obviously you don't care one way or the other as long as the women and children are the ones footing the bill.
What the hell are you ranting about? You make absolutely no sense at all..

I think you need to get a new tinfoil hat. The one you are wearing apparently is too tight, not to mention extremely rusty.

Now, as I suggested in another thread, how about doubling up on the effort and get back on topic?

Last edited by softblueyz; 07-03-2013 at 05:31 AM..

Old 07-03-2013, 05:41 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,827,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseyt719 View Post
Forgive me for not knowing, what is an NGO? If I'm understanding correctly, it is a private funded organization to help people help themselves? Correct me if I'm wrong, please.

N G O stands for a Non Governmental Organization. She works for Free The Children...It is a charity and business that was started by a young guy - who as a boy wanted to do something to correct the problem of child labor in third world countries. The organization grew...There are events that take place in large stadiums...They are called WE days. The concept is that young people when banned together can bring about social change. I have as a guest attend a couple of these...There are sometimes up to 26 thousand school kid in the audience - I have seen some great rock bands perform...Speakers like Martin Sheen and Al Gore - and Clinton show up - to mention a few.

What they do are simple things...They provide poor families a means of earning a living for themselves - Schools are built.. if a family needs a goat they get one..clean water etc...Corporate sponsors toss in a lot of money - as do the kids and the banks..It's really remarkable that a young kid and his brother started all this...it seems to work. They do not waste money and the staff is paid just enough to survive.

The are a secularist organization - but what I have noticed is that -the attitude is very similar to original Christianity - They might not know it but that's what I see. I am very proud of my daughters efforts...Because she is single they send her here and there. She is also a very willful and straight thinking young woman who has no time for power mongering or dishonesty.

If you want check it out...This NGO has just started to expand into the States...FREE THE CHILDREN....They are great and I hope their success does not corrupt them in the future...

She does not like the fact that her dad posts on the net...She believes I am a little too eccentric...One thing that I do know is that government bureaucrats waste money as far as AID - and few have hands on experience with REAL people...It take the private sector to have effect - There are thousands of Canadian Children who believe that they as a group can do some good....This new generation will bring about real positive change...I have faith in them.

Old 07-03-2013, 05:52 AM

5,450 posts, read 8,766,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
N G O stands for a Non Governmental Organization. She works for Free The Children...It is a charity and business that was started by a young guy - who as a boy wanted to do something to correct the problem of child labor in third world countries. The organization grew...There are events that take place in large stadiums...They are called WE days. The concept is that young people when banned together can bring about social change. I have as a guest attend a couple of these...There are sometimes up to 26 thousand school kid in the audience - I have seen some great rock bands perform...Speakers like Martin Sheen and Al Gore - and Clinton show up - to mention a few.

What they do are simple things...They provide poor families a means of earning a living for themselves - Schools are built.. if a family needs a goat they get one..clean water etc...Corporate sponsors toss in a lot of money - as do the kids and the banks..It's really remarkable that a young kid and his brother started all this...it seems to work. They do not waste money and the staff is paid just enough to survive.

The are a secularist organization - but what I have noticed is that -the attitude is very similar to original Christianity - They might not know it but that's what I see. I am very proud of my daughters efforts...Because she is single they send her here and there. She is also a very willful and straight thinking young woman who has no time for power mongering or dishonesty.

If you want check it out...This NGO has just started to expand into the States...FREE THE CHILDREN....They are great and I hope their success does not corrupt them in the future...

She does not like the fact that her dad posts on the net...She believes I am a little too eccentric...One thing that I do know is that government bureaucrats waste money as far as AID - and few have hands on experience with REAL people...It take the private sector to have effect - There are thousands of Canadian Children who believe that they as a group can do some good....This new generation will bring about real positive change...I have faith in them.
Thank you for the explanation. It sounds like a great organization. I love that they teach them skills to provide better for themselves instead of handing out cash. Handing out cash and having the recipients have no idea how to spend to sustain and prosper is just a recipe for disaster.

You should be very proud of her.

Sending money to governments never actually helps people.

I will look up the company as I'm interested to see their successes.

Have a great day and thanks again for taking the time to explain it to me.

Old 07-03-2013, 06:09 AM

5,735 posts, read 3,256,509 times
yeah that was before we were in trillions of dollars in the hole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Did it bother you when Bush spent $20 billion on Aids relief in Africa?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies