Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2013, 10:15 AM

9,189 posts, read 7,601,522 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaten_Drinker View Post
Using the N-word does not make one a racist.
It just makes them an prejudiced idiot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2013, 10:32 AM

11,431 posts, read 19,003,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vejadu View Post
Why does Paula Deen get raked over the coals and fired for a comment she made decades ago, while Alec Baldwin gets to sidestep repercussions for the insensitive gay comments he made last week? There's a horrible double-standard, in which "certain people" get to say whatever they want and face no consequences.
What did he say?

Old 07-01-2013, 10:35 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,680,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vejadu View Post
Why does Paula Deen get raked over the coals and fired for a comment she made decades ago, while Alec Baldwin gets to sidestep repercussions for the insensitive gay comments he made last week? There's a horrible double-standard, in which "certain people" get to say whatever they want and face no consequences.
It's okay you see, because Baldwin hates Boooosh. He can therefor go on national broadcast TV, and call for a member of Congress to be stoned to death, and to then go and stone his wife and children to death, because he loved Clinton. It is not politically incorrect to call for killing Republicans, that's the difference.

Old 07-01-2013, 10:37 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,680,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
What did he say?
Google Conan O'Brien show and Baldwin, ranting to stone Henry Hyde to death. i'm sure the video is out there somewhere still.

Old 07-01-2013, 10:39 AM

11,431 posts, read 19,003,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tt0001 View Post
Yeah ok , It appear some other things were going on the resteraunt as well. Can you justify the things below going on in this that restaurant. And it is not just her saying that word years ago which I highly doubt Im from the south and know better. Someone call for a national lie detector test. LOL

Separate bathrooms for black and white employees.
According to the suit, white employees were free to use the customer bathroom at the front of the restaurant, but black employees had to use the facilities in the back.

"I bet your husband will like that"
When one female employee reported that she was going to start wearing dentures, Bubba remarked that her husband will like it. Because of gumjobs.

Racial tension.
Jackson, who is white, says that black employees were treated poorly. In one incident, Bubba violently shook a black cook who upset him. Not wanting to involve lawyers or authorities, Paula attempted to smooth things over by inviting him over to her mansion for dinner.

Bubba stated around employees "They should send President Obama to the oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico so he could n*****r-rig it."

"What I would really like is a bunch of little n******s to wear long-sleeve white shirts, black shorts and black bow ties. You know in the Shirley Temple days, they used to tap dance around. Now, that would be a true Southern wedding wouldn't it?"
Lovely; more n-word. The Paula Deen of the lawsuit thinks the best way to cater a southern wedding is to hire decorative black people for authenticity.
Did any of the black employees testify that this was true about the bathrooms? I can picture the brother saying that other stuff though. How would they leave out that jewel about the bathrooms in the media reports?

Google Conan O'Brien show and Baldwin, ranting to stone Henry Hyde to death. i'm sure the video is out there somewhere still.

The Henry Hyde episode was from 2011, I don't have any issues with that at all. Henry Hyde did indeed deserve to be stoned. The other comments from last week about the "queen" reporter are disgusting. For a self-professed liberal to say this is reprehensible. Baldwin has always had anger issues and is a drunk slob. This is just the latest, but I do believe that he gets a lot of "passes" because he supports the gay community in other ways. Miss Paula should probably consider making some donations to the NAACP and other progressive groups as well.

Last edited by wehotex; 07-01-2013 at 11:14 AM..

Old 07-01-2013, 10:43 AM

11,011 posts, read 11,026,533 times
Quote:
And I call your claims BS. I was born and raise in the south so I know it really well , hun

So you telling me the things above I mention does not happen or is still happening in GA

Segregation, still alive in Georgia
Born and raised too. I was calling BS on your 'friend's' claims. You having a 'friend' that claimed this is NOT proof.

Old 07-01-2013, 10:52 AM

107 posts, read 204,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
Born and raised too. I was calling BS on your 'friend's' claims. You having a 'friend' that claimed this is NOT proof.
So I guess you are trying to eliminate and invalidate my experiences too , I guess you did not read I live in GA for over the last decade. You gonna try deny the newspaper articles about GA recent segregated issues and cross burnings too . And Im pretty sure my friends nor family members that live in those areas have nothing to lie about.

Old 07-01-2013, 11:04 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
Listen, you don't know this woman. Your "knowledge" of southern ppl is irrelevant. This woman had a prominent position and crossed the line. No mercy and no excuses. At her age, she should've known better. She exposed herself and now continues to get slammed. She needs to disappear.

Racists have no place in this society. As these maggots show themselves, they will be dealt a severe blow.
You never call whites cracka's, you never called a woman a bi*ch, you never used offensive language in any form. You Lexus are so perfect (in your own mind). You are a typical example of the left who wants others to bow to them. You are no more special than anyone else.

Right now things are on your side but the pendulum swings the other way ALWAYS.

Old 07-01-2013, 11:06 AM

11,011 posts, read 11,026,533 times
Quote:
So I guess you are trying to eliminate and invalidate my experiences too , I guess you did not read I live in GA for over the last decade. You gonna try deny the newspaper articles about GA recent segregated issues and cross burnings too . And Im pretty sure my friends nor family members that live in those areas have nothing to lie about.
Only a decade? That's fairly recent in Southern terms.

Talking about Wilcox County? Yeah, I know about Wilcox County - they're farther up north than where I'm from. Also know it was not official proms and was private parties thrown by the parents. Also know that I didn't deny it existed - I know about it. Also know how the news decided to make it into a sensational story.

But, I asked for proof of your prior claims about Deen and your answer was my friend told me. Sorry, that does not constitute proof. That's what you call gossip. Thus I claimed BS.

Old 07-01-2013, 11:06 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times
The Deen controversy illustrates the fact that the Left is the one of the most unforgiving and unyielding religious cults in existence. What has happened is the left as usual needs a scapegoat and Dean is perfect.

Dean, a conservative Christian, is enough to warrant Deen's destruction, just as it has been for Sarah Palin, Tim Tebow and for the hapless president of Chick-fil-A. She is also a formerly poor woman who came from nothing and who built an empire now worth millions. Therefore, she is part of the capitalists. She profits from her entrepreneurial endeavors and so the left believes she should be punished for her successes. http://www.americanthinker.com/2013/...itch_hunt.html

Last edited by petch751; 07-01-2013 at 11:52 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies