Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2013, 06:58 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,588,793 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
How wonderful for you. I still don't trust you with a pea shooter.

Knock yourself out. I'm clearly not as thin skinned or easy to jerk around as you are.

Says someone who has questionable ability to legally own a gun.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2013, 07:24 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,749,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
Well, as I am not 10 years old, I won't call you a playground-style name. However, I do seem to remember that IMMEDIATELY after Newtown, and I mean while the children's bodies were still warm, ever gun lover on this forum was calling for tighter restrictions on the mentally ill.

Of course, the rest of us knew that it was just a desperate attempt to deflect attention from yet another gun disaster, but I'd still like to hear how that can be reconciled with your outrage over exactly such restrictions.
please define mentally ill? more over what is the legal recourse of such labeling? if a vet seeks help after coming back from the sand box, should he lose his rights because he has "PTSD"?? if a person is sad, are they therefore depressed and their for suicidal? and should have their rights taken away?

in a "field of science" the claims caffeine withdrawal is a mental illness, I think we really need to re look at the whole field and whether or not it is a fact based science, or a field driven by ideologues with a god complex.

Old 07-01-2013, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
If you oppose this you must be mentally ill.

If you're mentally ill, you must turn in your guns.
so disagree with the state and lose your freedoms, if you go along with this act you must be mentally ill.

Old 07-01-2013, 07:29 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,832,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Actually, no.

They won't.
What? Of course they will - That Snowden fellow said they spy on everyone...If your doctor has computer files they can have a look to see if you are wacked out on prescribed meds.

Old 07-01-2013, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
gun lovers can hardly stop talking about anti-depressants and the mentally ill on this forum. Please clarify for me your definitions of anti-depressants and mental illness.

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...l-illness.html

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...ceuticals.html

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...l-illness.html

not to mention your hero, wayne lapierre, who squarely included mental illness in his remarks a few days after sandy hook.

remarks from the nra press conference on sandy hook school shooting, delivered on dec. 21, 2012 (transcript) - washington post

so which is it? Are the mentally ill a problem, or aren't they?

Or maybe it was a just a smokescreen so that when new laws addressing guns and the mentally ill actually happen, you could start complaining about degrees of mental illness and reject things based on the nra's very own ideas? Just a camouflage to make people think you actually care about gun violence and put off the debate to another day?

One wonders.
NY Gun Confiscation Underway – Citizens Told to Turn in Pistol Owner ID & Firearms-logic-20dictates-20captain200x200.jpg

NY Gun Confiscation Underway – Citizens Told to Turn in Pistol Owner ID & Firearms-shooters-pills-guns.jpg

Old 07-01-2013, 07:48 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,797,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
Probably one of main reasons a lot of people don't treat their mental illness, are afraid to go to the doctor and afraid of being labeled crazy, looked down on by society and have their rights taken away.

I have some anxiety issues but I am far from being mentally ill. Should I be put in the same category as someone who has major depression?!

This BS only adds to it.
If one has a stomach ache they are physically ill. Does not mean they have stage 4 Cancer.

Old 07-01-2013, 07:55 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,797,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
No, Sir. Mentally ill can only be defined by a court not by anybody's or even a doctor's opinion.
Are you confusing mental illness/disorders with competency?

Old 07-01-2013, 07:57 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,742,627 times
don't ever go to a shrink, don't take anti depression tabs.. and you should be good to go..

Old 07-01-2013, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Are you confusing mental illness/disorders with competency?
Or maybe confusing human stupidity and an inferior mind with mental illness?

Old 07-01-2013, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
don't ever go to a shrink, don't take anti depression tabs.. and you should be good to go..
Good advice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies