Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2013, 09:10 AM

38,644 posts, read 26,393,631 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
I support restrictions on abortions too (late term), and I'm pro choice.

Supporting restrictions isn't anti. You guys take the same idiotic extremist attitude with guns, environmental regulation, etc.

You righties seem to live in this bizarre black and white world.

So you're pro-choice as long as it's your choice?

Old 07-01-2013, 09:12 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,825,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I am a Liberal Lefty and I despise Islam even more then Christianity. Both will use terror to enforce belief and obeisance. Both are intellectual and metaphysical frauds. They are only a means to delude and terrorize.
Little bitter are we? Christianity is not a religion..but a state of mind that few achieve. Relax...I understand what GOD is and really have lost all faith in religion...it's political and has always been such.

Old 07-01-2013, 09:14 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,683,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
The christian right, especially the evangelicals have done quite a number to intertwine their agenda into the republican politicians over the years to force their agenda on the masses.

While the christian/evangelical right and their supporters are strongly anti-marriage equality and anti-woman's rights to choose what they can do with their bodies, they are surprisingly silent on other christian values such as premarital sex is evil, contraceptives are strictly forbidden, and divorce is the worst of all.

This seems odd to me that the GOP politicians whom claim to be strong christians, aren't going after making contraceptives illegal, along with premarital sex, not to mention making divorce likely a felony offense, why is this?
A trollish OP.

We cannot make laws against people making poor choices, or make it illegal for people to suck at maintaining personal relationships. What does religion have to do with any of this anyway?

Of course our society as a whole, wants our sexually active men and women to marry, and stay married to raise their children together. It's a worthy ideal to strive for. Solid, long term relationships between married couples will lead to a better future for our nation and our society. Who wants a nation where the norm is out of wedlock children, and a high divorce rate, with children being raised by single parents, struggling to get by?

Old 07-01-2013, 09:17 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,683,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
So you're pro-choice as long as it's your choice?
apparently so.

Old 07-01-2013, 09:23 AM

1,922 posts, read 2,779,636 times
Quote:
The christian right, especially the evangelicals have done quite a number to intertwine their agenda into the republican politicians over the years to force their agenda on the masses.

While the christian/evangelical right and their supporters are strongly anti-marriage equality and anti-woman's rights to choose what they can do with their bodies, they are surprisingly silent on other christian values such as premarital sex is evil, contraceptives are strictly forbidden, and divorce is the worst of all.

This seems odd to me that the GOP politicians whom claim to be strong christians, aren't going after making contraceptives illegal, along with premarital sex, not to mention making divorce likely a felony offense, why is this?

Uh, probably because divorce and pre-marital sex don't involve Murder.

Old 07-01-2013, 09:31 AM

3,740 posts, read 3,073,028 times
When you are speaking of a Woman's right to "choose", which choice are you r4eferring to

A. Suit, Dress or Pants??

B. Capri or Shorts

C. Flats or non-Flats

D. Curly or Straight

E. Other (Specify).

Old 07-01-2013, 09:50 AM

46,968 posts, read 26,011,859 times
Because they're inclined to give in to temptations like premarital sex and divorce, but less so to gay urges.

By acting to outlaw gay marriage, they get the perfect sweetheart deal with God: They get to feel good and righteous, and other people get to suffer for their perfect righteousness. What, you think you can fill the pews by telling the congregation that the country should pass laws that might influence them?

Old 07-01-2013, 10:59 AM

3,740 posts, read 3,073,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Because they're inclined to give in to temptations like premarital sex and divorce, but less so to gay urges.

By acting to outlaw gay marriage, they get the perfect sweetheart deal with God: They get to feel good and righteous, and other people get to suffer for their perfect righteousness. What, you think you can fill the pews by telling the congregation that the country should pass laws that might influence them?
Can you find a single instance of anyone, anywhere wanting to out law gay marriage, I'll give you a year to search.

Old 07-01-2013, 02:01 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,816,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioRules View Post
Actually the divorce rate of evangelical Christians is extremely low compared to society as a whole. It is almost always unacceptable in those churches.
Please stop spreading lies. The evangelicals have the highest rate of divorce. The lowest? Agnostics.
U.S. divorce rates: for various faith groups, age groups and geographical areas

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioRules View Post
The rest of your post is jut more nonsense, something anyone that has been on C-D for more than a minute has com to expect.
How? Because it calls out a fact of the right wing's hypocrisy, and you have no answer to respond besides childish attacks because you have been put in your place?

Old 07-01-2013, 02:27 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,785,201 times
Quote:

Has is dawned on you, not all Christians are right wingers not all right winders are Christians?

Let me add to this, why would you think any Christian would be opposed to birth control, other than the Roman Catholic church? I might add, this can be said about divorce as well. No, many of us do not, personally like divorce, but we know there are times when it is better for everyone. As for pre-marital sex, it seems to me Palin was chastised pretty badly for suggesting pre marital sex should not be practiced?

Now, let me add, not all conservatives regardless of religion are anti gay. Even some are not anti gay marriage. What about the gays that are also Christians or do you think there are none?

The same with abortion. I think most people today, yes, this means Christians as well as people of other faiths or no faith, understand there are times when abortion is the best answer. What they do not believe in and I would hope you feel the same: is abortion being used as a form of birth control or being performed when the baby can survive outside the womb. Let me add, just because someone feels personally something is wrong, does not mean they condemn those who think differently. Only the left seem to feel their way and views are the only right ones.

And yes, there are some evangelicals that are opposed to all abortions and gay marriage, but don't lump us all together. BTW, I belong to a pretty conservation, fundamentalist religion, but that doesn't mean I believe it everything the church teaches. God gave me the ability to think for myself. m ha
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies