Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2013, 02:18 AM

10,875 posts, read 13,808,411 times

Advertisements

The christian right, especially the evangelicals have done quite a number to intertwine their agenda into the republican politicians over the years to force their agenda on the masses.

While the christian/evangelical right and their supporters are strongly anti-marriage equality and anti-woman's rights to choose what they can do with their bodies, they are surprisingly silent on other christian values such as premarital sex is evil, contraceptives are strictly forbidden, and divorce is the worst of all.

This seems odd to me that the GOP politicians whom claim to be strong christians, aren't going after making contraceptives illegal, along with premarital sex, not to mention making divorce likely a felony offense, why is this?

Old 07-01-2013, 02:22 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,941,165 times
Contraception, Divorce, and Pre-marital sex are not fund raising issues. Also, the vast majority of the RR practice contraception, divorce and pre-merital sex.

I never herad Mitt Romney speak out against..."soaking".

Old 07-01-2013, 02:47 AM

14,480 posts, read 11,277,582 times
Why do you care?

Old 07-01-2013, 02:53 AM

38,643 posts, read 26,370,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
The christian right, especially the evangelicals have done quite a number to intertwine their agenda into the republican politicians over the years to force their agenda on the masses.

While the christian/evangelical right and their supporters are strongly anti-marriage equality and anti-woman's rights to choose what they can do with their bodies, they are surprisingly silent on other christian values such as premarital sex is evil, contraceptives are strictly forbidden, and divorce is the worst of all.

This seems odd to me that the GOP politicians whom claim to be strong christians, aren't going after making contraceptives illegal, along with premarital sex, not to mention making divorce likely a felony offense, why is this?

Your pathetically intellectually lazy assumption is that conservatives only oppose same-sex marriage and abortion because these practices are inconsistent with the Christian faith.

Most of the conservatives I know oppose same-sex marriage because it is a crime against nature, and they oppose abortion because life obviously begins at conception.

Some Roman Catholics and Protestants feel strongly about contraception, same-sex marriage and abortion and liberals are quick to jump on this objection by these religious individuals as representative of all social conservatives because it's easy to argue against having someone else's religion imposed on you, but it is much more difficult to oppose non-religious objections.

FTR, more women support restrictions on abortion than men and the people who favor abortion on demand for any reason are in fact a small minority.

Common State Abortion Restrictions Spark Mixed Reviews

http://www.gallup.com/poll/154838/Pr...ecord-Low.aspx

Old 07-01-2013, 02:57 AM

6,331 posts, read 5,209,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Your pathetically intellectually lazy assumption is that conservatives only oppose same-sex marriage and abortion because these practices are inconsistent with the Christian faith.

Most of the conservatives I know oppose same-sex marriage because it is a crime against nature, and they oppose abortion because life obviously begins at conception.

Some Roman Catholics and Protestants feel strongly about contraception, same-sex marriage and abortion and liberals are quick to jump on this objection by these religious individuals as representative of all social conservatives because it's easy to argue against having someone else's religion imposed on you, but it is much more difficult to oppose non-religious objections.

FTR, more women support restrictions on abortion than men and the people who favor abortion on demand for any reason are in fact a small minority.

Common State Abortion Restrictions Spark Mixed Reviews
I support restrictions on abortions too (late term), and I'm pro choice.

Supporting restrictions isn't anti. You guys take the same idiotic extremist attitude with guns, environmental regulation, etc.

You righties seem to live in this bizarre black and white world.

Old 07-01-2013, 03:06 AM

5,150 posts, read 7,762,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
Contraception, Divorce, and Pre-marital sex are not fund raising issues. Also, the vast majority of the RR practice contraception, divorce and pre-merital sex.

I never herad Mitt Romney speak out against..."soaking".
The Pope is RL then?

Old 07-01-2013, 03:07 AM

5,563 posts, read 7,212,739 times
Pre-marital sex, adultery and divorce are "holy" sacraments of the evangelical right. Some even like buttseks, many like BJs too. A few like playing with lil boys and girls but these are always fogiven b/c they simply make crap up as they go along.

They believe in talking snakes, donkeys, impossible physics and most of all magic.

I mean really what is there not to understand or like? A few hits on a bong or a downing a few shots will quickly make this all so crystal clear. There is that headache and munchies thing to contend with though

Old 07-01-2013, 03:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
You're obviously not sitting in the right pews.

Quote:
While the christian/evangelical right and their supporters are strongly anti-marriage equality and anti-woman's rights to choose what they can do with their bodies,
While I think they just don't get it on SSM, I understand that they believe that human life begins at conception and so there are two people involved and both are equal. I do not think their choice to believe in this manner has anything to do with restricting women's rights to their body. It isn't an issue of control it's one of preventing murder (in their eyes).

I think a more appropriate question is why do so many want to protect the unborn also believe in the death penalty especially with all of the overturns with DNA?

SSM is a boogey man. Abortion is a deeply held belief based on sanctity of life. That doesn't seem to jive up well with the death penalty.

Old 07-01-2013, 03:12 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,702,808 times
Right-wing reactionaries wish for regression, not actual embodiment of religious dogma. They want others to obey their dictates, the result of their own picking and choosing, not necessarily the entirety of what their foundational doctrine actually calls for, since they themselves don't wish to be constrained by precepts other than those they themselves subscribe to - that encroachment is only to be applied to others.

Old 07-01-2013, 03:16 AM

If the left already has the answers to their questions about the right, why ask them?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies