Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2013, 01:47 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,070,009 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Once you become pregnant your body isn't just yours anymore there is a child residing there.
Sorry, but your "logic" failed on that one and on so many levels.

It a woman's body once impregnated becomes the joint custody of the woman and (for the sake of simplification) the "baby" how does unborn, minor "child" assert their ownership rights? Even when abortion was legal, there were no laws proscribing the use of alcohol, cigarettes, seat belts, prescription drug, medical procedures or any of a myriad set of acts by the host body that could adversely affect the unborn child. In effect, neither law nor custom accepted anything other than the exclusive ownership of a woman's body as being anything other than exclusively her own.

Old 07-02-2013, 01:50 PM

36,547 posts, read 30,891,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mashed Potatoes View Post
If a woman wants to get an abortion and the father is against it, then the same should also be true: If the father wants an abortion and the woman does not, the father should be released from all financial responsibility for the baby the woman CHOSE to have. The fact the male has no say results in him being placed into involuntary servitude, which is unconstitutional.

Feminists dont want it that way though, they only want equal rights when it benefits them.
I consider myself a feminist, I vote, I work for equal pay, I have equal protection under the law and Im fine with that. I also agree that an unmarried father should have the option of permanently signing over his parental rights and responsibilities in this situation.

Old 07-02-2013, 01:53 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,021,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistyriver View Post
Actually it is still our body. That is why abortion is legal.
Listen I'm not some big anti abortion person but it is my belief the father of said child should have a say. That is if they are even around anymore. Not too many choose to do that in todays screwy world sadly which is one reason I'm not one of the all out pro life folks. It's not an easy decision. However you folks act as though the father who wants to take part should just butt out. Then you wonder why some men get upset. There are still men who want to raise their children and take care of their families. Seems few and far between though. Most just want to run off and let the woman deal with it all. The pro abortion men crowd seem to be the most vehement about this which should tell you something. They don't want anything to do with children.

Old 07-02-2013, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Sorry, but your "logic" failed on that one and on so many levels.

It a woman's body once impregnated becomes the joint custody of the woman and (for the sake of simplification) the "baby" how does unborn, minor "child" assert their ownership rights? Even when abortion was legal, there were no laws proscribing the use of alcohol, cigarettes, seat belts, prescription drug, medical procedures or any of a myriad set of acts by the host body that could adversely affect the unborn child. In effect, neither law nor custom accepted anything other than the exclusive ownership of a woman's body as being anything other than exclusively her own.
I don't need the government to decide ownership rights for my child. I guess you do for some reason. Maybe it gives you an out?

Old 07-02-2013, 01:57 PM

4,837 posts, read 4,170,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Well, actually the "child" comes from the man's sperm when it is deposited into the woman's vagina and travels thru the cervix and uterus to penetrate and fertilize the egg which then incubates for 9 months drawing nutrients directly from the host while distorting her body and is then expelled thru a long intensive series of mussel contractions back thru the cervix and the birth canal and out an opening that just fit your wick snugly. This is often accomplished with the assistance of incisions and instrument of destruction.

Genetic material may contribute 50% but possession is 9/10 of the law (that's 90%). And the woman possess it for 9 months. Clearly that's no where near having equal rights to reproductive matters.
Can't argue with this, folks. Thanks for the description as I sense there's a high percentage of men on this forum who have no clue of basic biology.

Old 07-02-2013, 01:58 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,381,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BatWing View Post
It takes TWO(2) PEOPLE male/female to make a baby so at the very least you are bound by the males' decision to abort or not, because it's HIS baby too. WHETHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT

Any questions?
No, that's not actually the case. Sorry.

Old 07-02-2013, 01:59 PM

5,266 posts, read 8,749,912 times
Quote:
Listen I'm not some big anti abortion person but it is my belief the father of said child should have a say. That is if they are even around anymore. Not too many choose to do that in todays screwy world sadly which is one reason I'm not one of the all out pro life folks. It's not an easy decision. However you folks act as though the father who wants to take part should just butt out. Then you wonder why some men get upset. There are still men who want to raise their children and take care of their families. Seems few and far between though. Most just want to run off and let the woman deal with it all. The pro abortion men crowd seem to be the most vehement about this which should tell you something. They don't want anything to do with children.
I think they should absolutely have a say. When the fetus/embryo can be removed from the mother and carried by someone else or placed in an artificial womb. But one person doesn't get to tell another person that they have to carry a fetus to term.

Old 07-02-2013, 02:01 PM

I didn't say they were going to tell anyone anything. The decision should be made together. I guess that is just too much to ask folks to grasp that concept in today's world of irresponsibility all around.

Old 07-02-2013, 02:05 PM

5,266 posts, read 8,749,912 times
Quote:
I didn't say they were going to tell anyone anything. The decision should be made together. I guess that is just too much to ask folks to grasp that concept in today's world of irresponsibility all around.
Well then...the father already has a say. But the woman's "say" is what goes.

Old 07-02-2013, 02:09 PM

10,581 posts, read 9,789,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
The leftists have been desperately avoiding this argument for years.

In fact, women aren't the only ones who make a pregnancy. COUPLES make a pregnancy. Just because one has the ability to run away and hide later, and the other doesn't, doesn't mean that both shouldn't carry the responsibility equally. And responsibility includes the decision-making about the fate of the baby.

Some women have been trying hard to pretend that pregnancy is something that happened to THEM, not to the baby. This lie has allowed many of those babies to be killed.

Most men hang right in there for all 9 months (and far beyond) to help the woman, support the baby, bring up and educate the child (helped along by an institution called "marriage", designed for the purpose). But there are some, a relative minority, who don't. This relatively small number, enable lawmakers to paint with a broad brush and pretend that ALL the men should be barred from participating in vital decisions about the fate of their child.
The fact remains that the pregnancy was not created by the woman alone, but by the woman AND the man. The fact that some men decide they can run away later, doesn't change this fundamental fact.

Nor does it change the fact that the pregnancy is the responsibility of both the woman and the man. Or that that responsibility for deciding the fate of the baby they created, belongs to both the woman and the man.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies