Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2013, 10:09 AM

3,846 posts, read 2,385,313 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Bringing those personal notes into court and referring to them during testimony was a HUGE, HUGE mistake by the M.E. and the prosecution for not making sure he understood that rule about any notes they take to the witness stand CAN and WILL be given to the opposite party if they refer to them.
And, they were.

So where's the problem?

Old 07-05-2013, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregm View Post
Yeah.

Zero.” LOL. He’s just relying on his notes/autopsy report.

Bao is running full speed in reverse.

And Judge Nelson has pretty much, once again, lost control of her courtroom.
He preempted lawyer gamering of his testimony, to keep from having it photoshopped.

Kudos, M.E.!

Old 07-05-2013, 10:12 AM

5,450 posts, read 8,763,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
That goes to the ability of the jurors, in this case women, to think logically. Are you saying they can't? Doesn't that go against what someone said, possibly you, when I was called a misogynist, because I quipped that the women on the jury might not be able to use logic?

If they find that self defense is reasonable here, that means that TM needed to be shot. I hope that a woman would have more than just emotion to work with when sitting in a jury.
I think the question will boil down to simply, did GZ have reasonable fear for self defense actions to be taken.

This witness is muddying the waters for both sides in my opinion.

His conduct on the stand is peculiar at best.

I have no opinion yet as to the direction his testimony will benefit. He is certainly being given a lot of leeway though.

Old 07-05-2013, 10:14 AM

The M.E. is presenting unalterable testimony.

Fk lawyers!

2,540 posts, read 2,756,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
You do realize that I'm a woman right? Oh and to add, I couldn't disagree more with you. Personally, I think women make excellent jurors because they tend to be more detail oriented in my opinion.
I couldn't care less if you're a woman or not. These women are going to convict Zimmerman despite there being reasonable doubt.

Nothing about this case has shown me that the shooting was anything other than self-defense.

8,560 posts, read 6,409,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
That goes to the ability of the jurors, in this case women, to think logically. Are you saying they can't? Doesn't that go against what someone said, possibly you, when I was called a misogynist, because I quipped that the women on the jury might not be able to use logic?

If they find that self defense is reasonable here, that means that TM needed to be shot. I hope that a woman would have more than just emotion to work with when sitting in a jury.
Women have the ability to think logically and intuitively. BOTH. IMO, it's logical and intuitive to think that Zimmerman had little regard for human life if he shot Martin and then jumped on top of him when Martin was lying face down, hands underneath him, and turned him over while Martin was in pain and suffering and dying.

All you folks that think walking into a courtroom somehow enables human beings to become unemotional robots, you really should go to your local courthouse and sit through and entire criminal trial.

Old 07-05-2013, 10:15 AM

11,011 posts, read 11,026,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justme305 View Post
I couldn't care less if you're a woman or not. These women are going to convict Zimmerman despite there being reasonable doubt.

Nothing about this case has shown me that the shooting was anything other than self-defense.
Hmm, as a woman, I do not think he should be convicted either. However, I object to your perception of women and gross generalization that the all-female jury cannot be objective.

Old 07-05-2013, 10:17 AM

8,560 posts, read 6,409,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseyt719 View Post
I think the question will boil down to simply, did GZ have reasonable fear for self defense actions to be taken.

This witness is muddying the waters for both sides in my opinion.

His conduct on the stand is peculiar at best.

I have no opinion yet as to the direction his testimony will benefit. He is certainly being given a lot of leeway though.
Key word...."reasonable." Additionally, it will boil down to whether or not the jury BELIEVES what Zimmerman has said...his statements prior to trial.

Old 07-05-2013, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
Hmm, as a woman, I do not think he should be convicted either. However, I object to your perception of women and gross generalization that the all-female jury cannot be objective.
If you think he should not be convicted, you may be suffering from non-objectivity.

Old 07-05-2013, 10:22 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,892,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonarchist View Post
If you think he should not be convicted, you may be suffering from non-objectivity.
That is funny!! Keep 'em coming. The state's final witness is an unmitigated disaster.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies