Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2013, 09:23 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,952,350 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellowmike View Post
I know he's not going to take the stand & to quote you "it's because he might make a mistake & it could lead to a conviction".....Let me ask you again. How could he be innocent of the crime of which he's accused if by making a mistake which would lead to a conviction? He's either guilty or not guilty & if he's not guilty, what possible mistake could he make that he would be convicted????
I guess you've never been on trial and been cross examined have you?

Old 07-05-2013, 09:28 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,179,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
They did a thorough investigation and believed there was not a reason for charges. They believed his self defense claim.
Yeah...okay...says you...

Quote:
Trayvon Martin Case Shadowed by Series of Police Missteps

An examination of the Sanford Police Department’s handling of the case shows a series of missteps — including sloppy work — and circumstances beyond its control that impeded the investigation and may make it harder to pursue a case that is already difficult enough.

In interviews over several weeks, law enforcement authorities, witnesses and local elected officials identified problems with the initial investigation:

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/17/us...anted=all&_r=0

Old 07-05-2013, 09:31 PM

16,913 posts, read 10,632,438 times
I heard that Martin's girlfriend Jeandell apparently wrote a letter about what happened and then admitted that she didn't even know how to read it. I also heard the prosecution screwed up by allowing the ME to bring in his notes.

There was no point in having Martin's mother testify. We all know she will say it was Martin screaming for help. But the defense hurt itself by even questioning her. I also heard that the judge refused to let the defense even express concern for her loss. Even the liberal CNN defense expert said she had never seen a judge refuse to let the defense attorney treat the witness like a human being. The bias against the defense in this case is unprecedented.

Old 07-05-2013, 09:34 PM

957 posts, read 760,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
I guess you've never been on trial and been cross examined have you?
No I haven't, as I don't commit crimes, but what's that got to do with it? Zimmerman's either guilty or he's not. In reading your writings, it's not about justice, it's about winning even if lets a murderer back out on the streets. Personally, I feel Zimmerman's a pathological liar with no remorse. If that's the case, & Zimmerman walks, this isn't the last we'll be hearing from him.

Old 07-05-2013, 09:34 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,706,106 times
You can blame the police, you can blame whomever you want, but the bottom line is it comes down to Angela Corey. She didn't have a case. She bowed to political/racial pressure.

She's a very foolish woman.

Old 07-05-2013, 09:38 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,936,286 times
Quote:
No I haven't, as I don't commit crimes, but what's that got to do with it? Zimmerman's either guilty or he's not. In reading your writings, it's not about justice, it's about winning even if lets a murderer back out on the streets. Personally, I feel Zimmerman's a pathological liar with no remorse. If that's the case, & Zimmerman walks, this isn't the last we'll be hearing from him.
That is funny. I am thinking Z will retire from neighborhood watching.

Old 07-05-2013, 09:39 PM

40,991 posts, read 49,359,544 times
Quote:
Many of us who've been watching the trial disagree with you.

Have you watched the live stream or just caught the followup slanted news ?

Old 07-05-2013, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
You can blame the police, you can blame whomever you want, but the bottom line is it comes down to Angela Corey. She didn't have a case. She bowed to political/racial pressure.

I heard she is being investigated for falsifying the Zimmerman arrest warrant.

Old 07-05-2013, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
That is funny. I am thinking Z will retire from neighborhood watching.
Nah, if he is found not guilty he should open his own security firm that provides watch services for communities.

Old 07-05-2013, 09:42 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,936,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post

Actually, I think the fact she prosecuted the case, even if she lost, might have helped her get votes if the state's case had not turned into a total embarrassment. The only question left is how long the jury will pretend to deliberate before the not guilty verdict.

Only a racist could support a guilty verdict now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies