Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2013, 11:37 AM

17,440 posts, read 14,675,944 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
In YOUR OPINION she wasn't one of them.

Let me repeat:

No. 3 - perhaps she had no reason or requirement to practice reading and writing in cursive after the 2nd, 3rd grades.

Was she required to use cursive in school in later years to take tests? Was she required to write papers in cursive for homework or otherwise in school? Were written tests given to students in cursive?

It's sort of like someone teaching you certain painting skills and techniques to paint portraits when you're in the early grades. If you never use those skills by painting portraits after having been taught, you will forget them and years later not be able to use them or explain them to anyone else.

Oh my God. Some of this is just common sense.

I have teenagers that are pretty close in age to Rachel Jeantel. They learned cursive in their early years of elementary school just as she did.

A few years later, all their papers were done on the computer.

They have sucktastic handwriting BUT THEY CAN READ CURSIVE FOR CRYING OUT LOUD.

It's not brain surgery ... it's a simple skill.

Old 07-07-2013, 11:41 AM

8,091 posts, read 5,916,023 times
Quote:
No. 3 - perhaps she had no reason or requirement to practice reading and writing in cursive after the 2nd, 3rd grades.

Was she required to use cursive in school in later years to take tests? Was she required to write papers in cursive for homework or otherwise in school? Were written tests given to students in cursive?
She's going to be a 19 year old senior....

That should tell you all you need to know about her interest in learning.

Quote:
It's sort of like someone teaching you certain painting skills and techniques to paint portraits when you're in the early grades. If you never use those skills by painting portraits after having been taught, you will forget them and years later not be able to use them or explain them to anyone else.
Perhaps, but you can glean her ignorance in many other facets besides her inability to read cursive. She can't even spell....but I guess because many of her peers cannot...this is excusable. Herd mentality. It's very odd.

I will never apologize for holding children to higher standards.

To take a page out of the narrative of one of the original articles that broke about Rachel..

"She has lowered the bar for everybody"

Quote:
As for Zimmerman retaining the information he learned at Seminole State College, the proof that he retained some of that information is clearly exhibited in his self defense claim.
Please, demonstrate this.

Old 07-07-2013, 11:42 AM

8,560 posts, read 6,413,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
If someone invents a 'humility diet' you should be the 1st one on it. No matter how oftenyou're wrong, the pomposity remains the same ---

Of course the toxicology report will be admitted into evidence

Of course the Medical Examiner will narrow down the distance of the shot [after all, you dated an ME]

Of course Zimmerman will have to testify

Of course Martin died immediately and couldn't possibly move or speak

Of course the defense must PROVE gz acted in self defense

All wrong, among others.

You're also among the select few who could actually HEAR tm begging for his life on the 911 call.

I remember these things beause I read your posts to see what you've learned about FL. law from typing briefs for the lawyers you work for. There's nothing wrong with being wrong. Most people, however, would lower their superiority level and stop touting their self-proclaimed expertise with a record like yours.
----------------
Physical attributes include more than height and weight

Because gz's martial arts skills have been mentioned at least twice by state witnesses and by guy in opening, I want tm's willingness to fight and ability admitted for a fair trial.
Well, it seems that your "wants" are not the priorities of the law and the rules of evidence and procedure at this point. Why didn't the Defense make a motion to bring in that evidence when those things were mentioned by the state's witnesses? I thought the Defense was a "near perfect" legal team? Why did they let that slide if it opened the door to admission of evidence of Martin's "willingness to fight" as you seem to think???

I'm sorry you don't have courtroom experience, or at the very least are unwilling to admit to what criminal justice experience you may have and that it upsets you so much that other disagree with you from time to time about what is legal, what is admissible, and what is not, in this Florida criminal case.

Old 07-07-2013, 11:42 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,234,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregm View Post
Question for you as you seem to KNOW everything.

How much time elapsed between the time TM sucker punched Zim, till the time of the shot? I imagine you who know all can answer that for me. Because FROM the evidence there wasn't a whole lot of time to have a conversation.

This is the big problem here with the 'speculation'. Not many posters have been involved in a life/death incident that usually is over in seconds.
the point was George followed Trayvon for a few blocks. When George parked while observing Trayvon standing under the overhang, in the rain at the mailbox shelter...George could have said something then...He could have said something a couple minutes later when Trayvon supposedly passed....(depending on which version George is telling) circled George's truck...
When George has been questioned....including the taped interview w/ the lead investigator Serino...George said he was afraid to roll down his window and say anything. DUH! But, George wasn't too afraid to get out of his vehicle and follow Trayvon after he started running away. Again....same tape...George was afraid to then walk back to his truck....the same area he had walked thru.....
Come on people...This guy is so full of it. He went commando on an unarmed teen.

Old 07-07-2013, 11:47 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,656,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post

I have teenagers that are pretty close in age to Rachel Jeantel. They learned cursive in their early years of elementary school just as she did.

So, for you, one of the requirements of being a truth-teller is whether someone can read cursive or not?!?

Old 07-07-2013, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
So, for you, one of the requirements of being a truth-teller is whether someone can read cursive or not?!?
No, I never said that.

There were other things that proved RJ was/is a liar.

Old 07-07-2013, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
She's going to be a 19 year old senior....

That should tell you all you need to know about her interest in learning.

Perhaps, but you can glean her ignorance in many other facets besides her inability to read cursive. She can't even spell....but I guess because many of her peers cannot...this is excusable. Herd mentality. It's very odd.

I will never apologize for holding children to higher standards.

To take a page out of the narrative of one of the original articles that broke about Rachel..

"She has lowered the bar for everybody"

Please, demonstrate this.
You didn't answer my questions, rather chose to spin.

Look at his self defense claims yourself and try to figure it out.

Old 07-07-2013, 11:50 AM

Quote:
No, I never said that.

There were other things that proved RJ was/is a liar.
Just like those inconsistencies in Zimmerman's statements prove GZ was/is a liar.

Old 07-07-2013, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Just like those inconsistencies in Zimmerman's statements prove GZ was/is a liar.

Zimmeran has inconsistancies - hell, even Nancy Grace said his story essentially remains the same.

Rachel outright lied.

Old 07-07-2013, 11:55 AM

Quote:

Did your kids go to the same schools in Miami which Rachel attended? Did they grow up in the Little Haiti area? Are you originally from Haiti, and do you speak/write Creole?

Additionally, Rachel's inability to read cursive has NOTHING to do with what she and Trayvon talked about on the phone that night when Trayvon was killed.

Are you all saying the EVERYBODY who cannot read cursive (about everybody who cannot read English) is a LIAR and they cannot be believed about anything they say?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.