Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2013, 11:15 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,636,949 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDusr View Post
"He gave him the mandatory minimum of 10," Sandusky's attorney Roger Diamond said. "I tried to get the judge to go below the minimum by arguing the sentence would be unconstitutional. That's all."
If he wasn't caught high while driving. If he wasn't caught selling it to a child. If no one can testify how he harmed them with his marijuana. He doesn't deserve one day in prison.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2013, 11:24 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crestliner View Post
Who is Joe Rogan? How do I know he is credible enough to even watch? I dont just watch and believe every person who is on utube. do you?
I don't know who he is and I am not watching. to the OP; like many drugs, pot can have long term affects on our body and can lead to more dangerous drugs. Is it worst than alcohol? Probably not, but we don't anymore legal drugs to put in our body.

To those who say, no one should go to prison for smoking pot: I agree, most agree, but how many people do you think are really in prison for doing nothing other than smoking a joint now and then?

And I agree with you, crestliner, when are people going to wise up and stop believing UTube? Anyone can make Utube video to push an agenda.

Old 07-07-2013, 11:30 AM

6,331 posts, read 5,210,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I don't know who he is and I am not watching. to the OP; like many drugs, pot can have long term affects on our body and can lead to more dangerous drugs. Is it worst than alcohol? Probably not, but we don't anymore legal drugs to put in our body.

To those who say, no one should go to prison for smoking pot: I agree, most agree, but how many people do you think are really in prison for doing nothing other than smoking a joint now and then?

And I agree with you, crestliner, when are people going to wise up and stop believing UTube? Anyone can make Utube video to push an agenda.
you can go to jail without even smoking, just the mere possession is against the law.

There are plenty of people in prison for possession.

Old 07-07-2013, 11:35 AM

17 posts, read 39,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
The man was no good, weed or not.
Thank you! If a person is going to be unproductive, it's not because of marijuana. People smoke everyday and live very productive and successful lives. It's not the marijuana, it's the individual person who is unproductive and lazy.

Old 07-07-2013, 11:39 AM

8,483 posts, read 6,932,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
If he wasn't caught high while driving. If he wasn't caught selling it to a child. If no one can testify how he harmed them with his marijuana. He doesn't deserve one day in prison.
Well as I understand this man was completely compliant with CA state. It was a legal bus, above board in CA. It was the Feds that had other ideas. That is why I am saying state laws may mean nothing if the Fed can come in and do that sort of thing.

Old 07-07-2013, 11:40 AM

17 posts, read 39,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post

It's not about the messenger, it's about the message. I didn't even know who he was but I watched the video and looked up if his statements were accurate and they were! It's about the facts, and it's a fact that alcohol and tobacco kill hundreds of thousands of people every year, and marijuana has never caused a single death directly to the use of it.

Old 07-07-2013, 02:41 PM

5,150 posts, read 7,764,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDusr View Post

Federal Prison Industries

quote:
Federal Prison Industries, also known as UNICOR and FPI, is a wholly owned United States government corporation created in 1934 that uses penal labor from the Federal Bureau of Prisons to produce goods and services.
Just because something has the name "industry" in it that works in an organization does not make that organization an industry.

I seriously doubt that most user arrests for pot are federal yet I am willing to look at stats.

But that wasn't the implication of the statement.

Old 07-07-2013, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
From what I have read, it is illegal because of a lie told to a Congressional Committee.
The head of the AMA was supposed to testify before the Committee, and planned to lay out the medicinal uses of marijuana, but he couldn't make it to the hearing, so one of his underlings took his place. The underling was extremely anti-marijuana, so he testified that there were NO medicinal uses for the stuff.
The committee believed him, and also believed all the other naysayers, doomsayers and "You MUST do it FOR THE CHILDREN!" advocates, and made it illegal.
They also totally destroyed the hemp industry. Hemp rope and cordage was great stuff!
The ratio of vagueness to the number of words in this allegation is stunning.

Old 07-07-2013, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
Instead of prison for profit, it was prison for race in some departments.
Well I don't doubt that because (from what I remember) a lot of the law was due to hatred of Mexicans. But how many regular users end up in prison versus jail for possession instead of intent to sell or actual dealing?

My understanding is the criminalization of simple possession has been going down not up. In other words it's still illegal but you're not going to jail for it. Actually I didn't know my state is pretty much alone in the South for this. Has N.C. turned progressive?

Decriminalization of non-medical cannabis in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 07-07-2013, 02:48 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,733,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geauxtigers3 View Post
Whoever thinks marijuana should not be legal, please go watch the video in the link below. WATCH THE VIDEO. If you still think marijuana should be illegal, please return to this thread and state your case.

Why Marijuana is illegal - Joe Rogan - YouTube
It's sickening that there are laws against growing PLANTS and consuming them. Unless the plants are poisonous or GMO, there's absolutely no reason why people shouldn't grow any damned plants they wish.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies