Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2013, 01:19 PM

1,027 posts, read 1,378,193 times

Advertisements

I've been curious as to how some people can be so obsessed with what other people are doing in their own personal love lives. I'm not talking about those who have their own personal feelings about what relationships and marriages should look like and save expressing it for appropriate times and places to debate. I'm referring to those extremist who protest out in the street, in the courtrooms, or even on the internet (those infamous regulars who post anti-gay spin threads almost on a daily basis). I think I may have the answer...this study shows they are secretly gay and are having problems internalizing that, so they lash out.

Homophobes Gay? Study Ties Anti-Gay Outlook To Homosexuality, Authoritarian Parenting

Old 07-08-2013, 01:23 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,475,344 times
This has been known since the 1980s. People often use violent hatred for a certain characteristic to cover their own guilt or shame.

Old 07-08-2013, 01:24 PM

6,073 posts, read 4,748,380 times
I've often wondered why many men who claim to be gay act like women, and why many women who claim to be gay act like men. the world is full of mysteries.

Old 07-08-2013, 01:24 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,320,050 times
Quote:

Study shows anti-gays have hidden homosexual tendencies

I'm shocked! SHOCKED, I tell you!

Old 07-08-2013, 02:09 PM

8,982 posts, read 10,458,868 times
I'm gay, but I have always been skeptical about this claim; I think it's facile to lump our enemies into the "self-loathing closet case" category. I'm sure there are some anti-gays who are fighting hidden (or not-so-hidden) urges, but most of them are simply ignorant and/or brainwashed by religion.

Old 07-08-2013, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
I'm gay, but I have always been skeptical about this claim; I think it's facile to lump our enemies into the "self-loathing closet case" category. I'm sure there are some anti-gays who are fighting hidden (or not-so-hidden) urges, but most of them are simply ignorant and/or brainwashed by religion.
True, it isn't true of a majority of homophobes, just an interestingly large minority.

Old 07-08-2013, 02:29 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,730,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surftown831 View Post
I've been curious as to how some people can be so obsessed with what other people are doing in their own personal love lives. I'm not talking about those who have their own personal feelings about what relationships and marriages should look like and save expressing it for appropriate times and places to debate. I'm referring to those extremist who protest out in the street, in the courtrooms, or even on the internet (those infamous regulars who post anti-gay spin threads almost on a daily basis). I think I may have the answer...this study shows they are secretly gay and are having problems internalizing that, so they lash out.

Homophobes Gay? Study Ties Anti-Gay Outlook To Homosexuality, Authoritarian Parenting
I liked this:

Those participants who reported their heterosexuality despite having hidden same-sex desires were also the most likely to show hostility toward gay individuals, including self-reported anti-gay attitudes, endorsement of anti-gay policies and discrimination such as supporting harsher punishments for homosexuals.

I've always thought that of people who are just a little "too" angry at gays.

Why would they spend SO much time thinking of gays? I don't! Why would they spend so much time thinking of HOW gays have sex? I sure don't! Why would they be just a little too damned angry about it? What else could it be? They have some same-sex attractions, and it terrifies them, so they strike out like snakes.

Old 07-08-2013, 02:29 PM

9,229 posts, read 9,751,529 times
Even if it is true, so what?
It Just proves many gays actually want to live a normal life? Why is that news?

Not everyone wants to be different. Some people even don't want to be too rich.

Old 07-08-2013, 02:32 PM

4,837 posts, read 4,166,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post

Not everyone wants to be different. Some people even don't want to be too rich.
By acting like total dbags? How fun! They must really love their life!

Old 07-08-2013, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post
That's not the same as being loud, vocal homophobes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies