Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2013, 04:35 PM

3,092 posts, read 4,973,500 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayoubengal1982 View Post
Symantics.. They mean the same. If youre pro choice you want the option to have an abortion. If youre pro abortion, you want the option to have an abortion.
I hate abortion, but I can honestly say this is stupid. Thy don't mean the same thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2013, 04:41 PM

611 posts, read 2,235,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justme02 View Post
I think youre confusing pro-choice with pro-abortion.

These kids parents did have it their way. They wanted their kids and had their kids. People arent protesting so that other people will have more abortions, people are protesting for a womans right to choose.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trainwreck20 View Post
umm..disagree or not, they are not rallying to have all babies aborted, so having kids does not make you automatically anti-abortion. OTOH, I don't think it is a great way to spend your day with your kids... .
it is easy to try and have these points of view until one hears the actual disgusting pro abortion people chanting praise to satan and hoping that the wives and female children of congressmen get raped so they experience physical violence for having a different opinion then the disgusting pro abortion types and presumably so they will then go get an abortion and be branded a hypocrite....and that of course assumes the wives and children of those congressmen actually have a pro life/anti-abortion stance

I am not even anti-abortion there are a lot of people I wish had been aborted like most liberals and those perpetually on welfare ( I am actually pro spay and neutering for violent people, career criminals, those that are long term on welfare especially if they already have kids, dead beat "fathers" and others), but of course abortion is not an option to me personally because I don't have indiscriminate sex with anything that moves and I think it is rather selfish to waste the time of highly trained medical personnel and medical facilities to have a procedure that could easily be prevented with an ounce of self control or a modicum of FREE prevention techniques and those medical personal could instead spend their time helping those that have issues that are not self inflicted

also you know the hypocrisy of the left when they are so adamate they are not "pro abortion" and instead they want to be "pro choice" even though they are out there with their young children screaming and praising satan and screaming for women to be raped because they hold a different opinion...again presumably so they will have to have an abortion which would be a "success"....and even though they want others to have to pay for that "choice" instead of having those that made the choice to have sex with anything that moves and forgo the vast amount of free birth control options pay for their own stupidity and selfish lack of self control.....while pro life types have no issue being labeled pro life or anti-abortion

abortions in all but the very few cases of rape, incest, and the life of the mother are some of the most selfish and irresponsible things that the left champions and advocates for....right up there with AIDS funding for those that also refuse to have responsible sex or to use the vast amount of FREE protection options that can greatly reduce the risk.....all of course predicated on the very very low cases of blood transfusions or other transmissions that are not self inflicted.....and of course the left again demands public funding for personal irresponsibility even though there is already public funding for education and prevention methods and many still ignore all of that for their own selfish desires because they know someone else will pay the monetary cost of their own irresponsibility

and one need only look at the long term eugenics stands of those that started planned parenthood and that are still heavily involved in the organization to know there is a very large contingent of pro abortion types...and for me personally as long as we are getting rid of future obama voters and the like who cares, but at the same time like most leftist plans to control the population what we really see is that the promise of free abortions (and all other forms of birth control) leads people to make stupid and irresponsible personal decisions and then once faced with the consequences they often to do not take the available abortion option and instead we have yet another welfare baby that will itself have a welfare baby....again the failed liberal concept that if government provides something "free' instead of letting personal responsibility reign "people" will choose that "responsible" "free" option like free condome raining down in school cafeterias or free birth control passed out like M&Ms in schools or free abortions treated like getting a hang nail removed and instead the reality is people use the excuse of "free" to partake in the irresponsibility and then when faced with the "cheap" option they instead choose to go ahead and take the long term burden option

if we just stopped the government support of all type of irresponsible behaviors and started holding people accountable for the consequences of their personal CHOICES we would see a greatly reduced need for abortions, condoms for 12yos and birth control for 15yos because those people would either be working too hard to pay for their CHOICE or they would be living in a controlled setting where they have to take responsibility for their CHOICES and they are not free to go out and make the same poor choices over and over and over

as always with the left everything is a CHOICE!!!!.....right up to and until the time comes to CHOOSE to opt out of paying the cost of others poor CHOICES.....then suddenly it is a mandate and an obligation and a responsibility and you can't choose to not pay for others selfishness and irresponsibility

Old 07-09-2013, 05:20 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,991,038 times
I am pro life. I would make exceptions for pregnancies which seriously endanger the life or health of the mother (it becomes then a case of self defense in my opinion) and for pregnancies that are the result of rape or incest - ESPECIALLY if the victim is a minor. (That being said, I personally would not choose that option if I was the victim of rape - I would consider the baby to be another victim, and would give it up for adoption, most likely.)

I am vehemently opposed to abortions being performed without parental consent, in the case of minors. A parent should know if a medical procedure is being performed on their child.

As for malformed fetuses, each case is very different. In situations where an infant's condition is incompatible with life outside the womb, and especially if the infant would suffer and then die upon birth, I can see abortion being an option, albeit a very intensely personal and difficult decision to make.

All that aside, though, I don't have an issue with children attending PEACEFUL political rallies or protests. Parents have the right to raise their children with their moral values unless the child's safety is compromised.

Old 07-09-2013, 05:25 PM

8,275 posts, read 7,953,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasVines View Post
and one need only look at the long term eugenics stands of those that started planned parenthood and that are still heavily involved in the organization to know there is a very large contingent of pro abortion types...and for me personally as long as we are getting rid of future obama voters and the like who cares
Amen. The abortion issue is mind-boggling because liberals are adamant about maintaining the right to abort themselves whereas conservatives are hell-bent on saving future liberals and ultimately paying for an entire life on the easy street express.

Who the hell cares if some dirtbag woman wants to abort a future criminal or welfare recipient? It's not as if the choice was between an abortion or a mother of the year award. The choice is between an abortion and a kid raised by a horrible mother that will likely end up repeating the cycle.

Old 07-09-2013, 05:40 PM

8,928 posts, read 14,348,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Beagle View Post
Amen. The abortion issue is mind-boggling because liberals are adamant about maintaining the right to abort themselves whereas conservatives are hell-bent on saving future liberals and ultimately paying for an entire life on the easy street express.

Who the hell cares if some dirtbag woman wants to abort a future criminal or welfare recipient? It's not as if the choice was between an abortion or a mother of the year award. The choice is between an abortion and a kid raised by a horrible mother that will likely end up repeating the cycle.
Well, I can say that my stance on the issue isn't a political one and it certainly isn't nearly as self-righteous. I just think every baby should have a chance.

Old 07-09-2013, 06:44 PM

3,309 posts, read 5,776,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
Well, I can say that my stance on the issue isn't a political one and it certainly isn't nearly as self-righteous. I just think every baby should have a chance.
Sadly. sometimes a chance is not much of a chance at all.

Old 07-09-2013, 07:10 PM

220 posts, read 454,390 times
I don't see anything ironic about parent's loving their own children and being pro-choice.

Just because I love my own kids doesn't mean I particularly care about the children of others. If abortion is banned then the consequences are children who were wanted will be forced to grown up and compete over resources with the children who were raised by families who didn't really want them.

More abortion = less crime. Sure it would be better if uneducated people would use other birth control so abortion would not be necessary, but we have to deal with how the world is and not how it should be.

Old 07-09-2013, 07:15 PM

8,928 posts, read 14,348,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar2007 View Post
Sadly. sometimes a chance is not much of a chance at all.
It's still a chance that no one should have the right to take away, in my opinion.

Old 07-09-2013, 07:52 PM

9,418 posts, read 13,505,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bayoubengal1982 View Post
Does anyone else find it ironic that there are children wearing the orange pro-choice shirts at the capital and other rallies around the state. If these kids parents had it their way, they wouldnt even exist.
That makes no sense. They do have their way (abortion is a perfectly legal option for now) and yet the children are here. Would I take my child to a pro-choice rally? Nope. Wouldn't take them to stand on the street corner with signs protesting abortion either, something I see on a regular basis.

Old 07-09-2013, 09:17 PM

13,384 posts, read 25,760,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasVines View Post
it is easy to try and have these points of view until one hears the actual disgusting pro abortion people chanting praise to satan and hoping that the wives and female children of congressmen get raped so they experience physical violence for having a different opinion then the disgusting pro abortion types and presumably so they will then go get an abortion and be branded a hypocrite....and that of course assumes the wives and children of those congressmen actually have a pro life/anti-abortion stance

I am not even anti-abortion there are a lot of people I wish had been aborted like most liberals and those perpetually on welfare ( I am actually pro spay and neutering for violent people, career criminals, those that are long term on welfare especially if they already have kids, dead beat "fathers" and others), but of course abortion is not an option to me personally because I don't have indiscriminate sex with anything that moves and I think it is rather selfish to waste the time of highly trained medical personnel and medical facilities to have a procedure that could easily be prevented with an ounce of self control or a modicum of FREE prevention techniques and those medical personal could instead spend their time helping those that have issues that are not self inflicted

also you know the hypocrisy of the left when they are so adamate they are not "pro abortion" and instead they want to be "pro choice" even though they are out there with their young children screaming and praising satan and screaming for women to be raped because they hold a different opinion...again presumably so they will have to have an abortion which would be a "success"....and even though they want others to have to pay for that "choice" instead of having those that made the choice to have sex with anything that moves and forgo the vast amount of free birth control options pay for their own stupidity and selfish lack of self control.....while pro life types have no issue being labeled pro life or anti-abortion

abortions in all but the very few cases of rape, incest, and the life of the mother are some of the most selfish and irresponsible things that the left champions and advocates for....right up there with AIDS funding for those that also refuse to have responsible sex or to use the vast amount of FREE protection options that can greatly reduce the risk.....all of course predicated on the very very low cases of blood transfusions or other transmissions that are not self inflicted.....and of course the left again demands public funding for personal irresponsibility even though there is already public funding for education and prevention methods and many still ignore all of that for their own selfish desires because they know someone else will pay the monetary cost of their own irresponsibility

and one need only look at the long term eugenics stands of those that started planned parenthood and that are still heavily involved in the organization to know there is a very large contingent of pro abortion types...and for me personally as long as we are getting rid of future obama voters and the like who cares, but at the same time like most leftist plans to control the population what we really see is that the promise of free abortions (and all other forms of birth control) leads people to make stupid and irresponsible personal decisions and then once faced with the consequences they often to do not take the available abortion option and instead we have yet another welfare baby that will itself have a welfare baby....again the failed liberal concept that if government provides something "free' instead of letting personal responsibility reign "people" will choose that "responsible" "free" option like free condome raining down in school cafeterias or free birth control passed out like M&Ms in schools or free abortions treated like getting a hang nail removed and instead the reality is people use the excuse of "free" to partake in the irresponsibility and then when faced with the "cheap" option they instead choose to go ahead and take the long term burden option

if we just stopped the government support of all type of irresponsible behaviors and started holding people accountable for the consequences of their personal CHOICES we would see a greatly reduced need for abortions, condoms for 12yos and birth control for 15yos because those people would either be working too hard to pay for their CHOICE or they would be living in a controlled setting where they have to take responsibility for their CHOICES and they are not free to go out and make the same poor choices over and over and over

as always with the left everything is a CHOICE!!!!.....right up to and until the time comes to CHOOSE to opt out of paying the cost of others poor CHOICES.....then suddenly it is a mandate and an obligation and a responsibility and you can't choose to not pay for others selfishness and irresponsibility
Ok, where would I even begin?

I will say that I do agree with you on people who abuse welfare. They need to be cut off in the worst kind of way. Too many people abuse the system and that is really unfortunate.

Now thats out of the way, you are grossly (and I mean that as emphatic as I can make it) generalizing people on the left. Just like people on the right, we come in all shapes and sizes. Im more of the libertarian/post-moderest variety, some people are liberal on every subject and some are only on certain things. So when you say things like "as always, with the left..." and "the hypocrisy of the left..." youre indiscriminately grouping a large number of people who are of a diverse variety into one mindset.

You seem to be trying to take the worst of the worst of the pro-choice demonstrators and applying the horrible things they say onto all pro-choice people. Its a method thats tried and true by Fox News and MSNBC (only with the other side). Its really quite disgusting. Almost pro-choice people are very passionate, do not worship Satan, nor do they wish rape upon their opponents. Its a horrible thing to wish cruelty upon a political opponent. That is completely uncalled for and inexcusable. To the people who worship Satan, if they do, more power to them. We have religious freedom in the country and they are more than welcome to worship Satan (even though thats not what Satanist actually do).

This is akin to taking Eric Rudolph and the Christian Identity movement (a very pro-life and white supremacist group) and applying their views onto all pro-lifers. Im admittedly quite left of center and I do not think for a moment that the average pro-lifer is like Eric Rudolph. Those people and groups are not the rule, they are the exception.

By the way, did you know that the Church of Satan was actually much more offended at the people yelling "Hail Satan" than you or any Christian was? See for yourself:

Satanists square off on abortion (Yes, really) – CNN Belief Blog - CNN.com Blogs

The bottom line is that, for the most part, your post basically underlines whats wrong with America. Weve become a hateful, judgmental, and over-zeaouls political nation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies