Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2013, 05:18 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,213,992 times

Advertisements

Do you find it hypocritical that many people want restrictions on Guns but believe Abortions should not be restricted on how late it can be done or the surgical standards ?

If you can reasonably have firearm restrictions, why not on abortions ?

Abortions kill more late term babies then guns kill after they are born.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2013, 05:19 PM

8,802 posts, read 8,902,028 times
Default Liberals, how does it feel when conservatives use the power of government to curb abortions?

It's the same way we feel about you telling us what food we can eat, what our gun rights are, what light bulbs we buy, and how we don't pay enough taxes.

Let's start a discussion on the merits of smaller government. It appears one thing we have in common is that NONE of us like it when the other side uses government in our private lives

Old 07-12-2013, 05:20 PM

6,331 posts, read 5,213,094 times
I'm left, which in your eyes is liberal, so I'll answer

I'm fine with a government ban on 3rd trimester abortions.

Support it 100%

Old 07-12-2013, 05:22 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,198,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Do you find it hypocritical that many people want restrictions on Guns but believe Abortions should not be restricted on how late it can be done or the surgical standards ?

Do you have a link to that last claim? Or do you think women are getting abortions left and right when they are eight months pregnant?

Old 07-12-2013, 05:23 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,331,642 times
Quote:
Liberals, how does it feel when conservatives use the power of government to curb abortions?
Conservatives, how does it feel when Repukelicans LIE about abortions? Then tell doctors to lie? And teachers to lie? Bastids!

http://tv.msnbc.com/2013/07/08/the-g...octors-to-lie/
And it’s not the only new trick these old dogs have learned. In North Carolina, Kansas, and Texas, to name just a few, the law may soon require teachers to lie to their students and doctors to lie to their patients, making information access the newest front in the ongoing fight to keep citizens from exercising their constitutional right to abortion

Old 07-12-2013, 05:26 PM

18,419 posts, read 19,031,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post

no they don't late term abortion are 1% of all abortions. get educated.

guns do not need a womb they are made in a factory. besides we already have restrictions on late term abortions. it is not done for funzies. get educated

Old 07-12-2013, 06:01 PM

15,096 posts, read 8,641,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post

guns do not need a womb they are made in a factory. besides we already have restrictions on late term abortions. it is not done for funzies. get educated

Abortion Clinic Employees -- "Babies born alive daily." - YouTube

This is absolute demonic behavior, and I WILL NOT stand silent when people like you lie or regurgitate lies about this depraved, inhuman behavior.

Old 07-12-2013, 06:01 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,827,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post

Well, actually the US has about 1.2 million abortions per year. Quick Internet research shows 21 weeks plus make up 1.5% of abortions. So roughly 18,000 late term abortions are done per year. A little over 11,000 a murdered (includes justifiable homicide) each year with a gun.

It is also estimated that between 250,000 to 2.5 million times per year guns are used to protect themselves. Lets to with the 250,000 count. Women report that 2.8% of the time abortion is chosen because of danger to the mothers health, or 31,200 abortions save the mothers life. So a gun is used to save a life over 8 times more than abortion.

I personally hate abortion and think they are wrong, with that said, it is not my decision so I do not think it should be banned, though it should not be paid for by tax dollars. I also believe that others should not control my access to firearms, even if they hate firearms. Stay out of my life as I stay out of yours.

Old 07-12-2013, 06:05 PM

6,331 posts, read 5,213,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
Well, actually the US has about 1.2 million abortions per year. Quick Internet research shows 21 weeks plus make up 1.5% of abortions. So roughly 18,000 late term abortions are done per year. A little over 11,000 a murdered (includes justifiable homicide) each year with a gun.

It is also estimated that between 250,000 to 2.5 million times per year guns are used to protect themselves. Lets to with the 250,000 count. Women report that 2.8% of the time abortion is chosen because of danger to the mothers health, or 31,200 abortions save the mothers life. So a gun is used to save a life over 8 times more than abortion.

I personally hate abortion and think they are wrong, with that said, it is not my decision so I do not think it should be banned, though it should not be paid for by tax dollars. I also believe that others should not control my access to firearms, even if they hate firearms. Stay out of my life as I stay out of yours.
Do you support regulation of abortions, late term abortions?????

Old 07-12-2013, 06:30 PM

15,096 posts, read 8,641,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post

I used to feel that way too, until I found out what was really going on. Now, I cannot, in good conscience, remain neutral on the matter, as silence is tacit approval and possibly even complicity. Look at the above video testimony of abortion clinic workers giving first hand, eye witness accounts of the grizzly and gruesome murder of these babies. Take note how each of these women avoid using the term baby, and always refer to the baby as the fetus. This is typical of the leftists as they hide behind Orwellian double talk like "Pro-Choice" and always referring to these babies as fetuses ... which I suppose is supposed to convince you subliminally that it's not really a baby, and not really killing babies .... just a medical procedure to remove an unwanted growth.

So, in my determination one has only two choices ... either stand up and speak out against this unspeakably demonic and evil activity, or be complicit through silence. That, by the way is an established truth in law ... being witness to a crime and remaining silent is considered complicit in that crime, either during or after the fact. So it's not just my moral judgement, but a fact in law.

And don't let these proponents of abortion fool you .... they are very slippery little demons, but sometimes they reveal themselves fully. I have participated in debates on this subject where women have actually said that they draw no distinction between having an abortion and having a cancerous tumor or mole removed. I've heard them refer to the baby as clumps of cells, to simply blobs of biological matter. These people are SOUL-LESS demonic hob goblins.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies