Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2013, 07:39 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,790,036 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
I think it is stupid to play politics with something that is so important to the citizens of our country. If the only thing the Republican party does is cater to the wants of the Hispanics and the Democrats what is the point of their even being a party. Maybe it is time for a party to wear the grown-up pants in this country and do what should have been done a long time ago.

We have enough immigration laws. What we need is someone to see that they are upheld. Send the illegals packing and we won't have to worry about who they vote for. They will be voting in their own country and the USA is not it.
Explain to me how you would round up millions of people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2013, 07:39 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,280,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
The Senate bill matches up pretty well with those questions. The Senate bill does a better job at addressing those issues. How does the Republican plan of obstruction do anything to address those issues?
I'm not aware of any obstruction going on. It's my understanding that the house wants to address each issue piece by piece. I would prefer that than have another Obamacare disaster. We do need immigration reform though. We give preference to family members and virtually none to educated, skilled English speaking applicants.

Old 07-10-2013, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Explain to me how you would round up millions of people.
The same way we do now. Outside of the NE and Chicago you have to have a car and most people will get pulled over at least once and it's illegal to drive without id.

Old 07-10-2013, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
I'm not aware of any obstruction going on. It's my understanding that the house wants to address each issue piece by piece. I would prefer that than have another Obamacare disaster. We do need immigration reform though. We give preference to family members and virtually none to educated, skilled English speaking applicants.
Why not have each committee with jurisdiction complete a bill and combine them all? The House GOP won't do that, according to politico. All they seem to be willing to do is border security and e-verify, which still doesn't address immigration. I'm still dumbfounded at how dumb so many GOP members can be. I guess it all boils down to many House GOP members are more worried about reelection and a primary challenge than actually solving issues.

Old 07-10-2013, 07:48 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,998,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
!

"Immigration reform" is creating 30 million new democrats and giving every presidential race to the democrats for a generation. .
They already have POTUS for generations to come With a 50 point Latino plurality in 2012! One cannot give another the same gift twice.

Old 07-10-2013, 07:52 PM

I'm pretty sure Hillary is pumped right about now about the prospect of the GOP derailing immigration reform. She probably will be giving House GOP members prime seating at her presidential inauguration.

Old 07-10-2013, 07:54 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,779,017 times
Quote:
I'm not really sure what you are talking about. Republican leadership seems to grasp the politics and positive outcomes of immigration reform and so do actual Republican voters.
Please explain these positive outcomes. How will the current immigration "reform" bill help the Republican Party, or the average voter of either party?

Old 07-10-2013, 07:56 PM

9,127 posts, read 7,956,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
The same way we do now. Outside of the NE and Chicago you have to have a car and most people will get pulled over at least once and it's illegal to drive without id.
LOL. At that rate, INS will be raiding nursing homes and mortuaries.

Old 07-10-2013, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
Please explain these positive outcomes. How will the current immigration "reform" bill help the Republican Party, or the average voter of either party?
CBO:

CBO score brings good news for Gang of Eight - Seung Min Kim - POLITICO.com

Old 07-10-2013, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Why not have each committee with jurisdiction complete a bill and combine them all? The House GOP won't do that, according to politico. All they seem to be willing to do is border security and e-verify, which still doesn't address immigration. I'm still dumbfounded at how dumb so many GOP members can be. I guess it all boils down to many House GOP members are more worried about reelection and a primary challenge than actually solving issues.

Eh, border security, e-verify, and easier acces to jobs for graduates are the only things I would focus on myself. I would also heavily fine companies that hire illegals and try to emulate the immigration policy of Australia or Canada.

I'm less concerned about illegals as they are heading south.

Net Migration from Mexico Falls to Zero

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies