Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2013, 09:30 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,424,868 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Now that B37 has announced she will be writing a book about her experiences as a juror on the Zimmerman trial, and has been interviewed by Anderson Cooper, it seems to me that this trial may have been over the moment jury selection was completed.

It seems that B37 at least viewed this whole thing through her own pre-conceptions. She also mentioned stand-your-ground several times, and that wasn't even Zimmerman's defense.

What do you think?
Average intelligence but her view of the case mirrored my analysis. It's clear though she hasn't had much interaction with Black people from lower class backgrounds. Probably Black people period.

Old 07-15-2013, 09:31 PM

4,400 posts, read 13,396,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
As I just posted on another thread, when did this woman with the attorney husband have the time to negotiate a book deal when she was supposed to remain anonymous prior to the end of the trial. The verdict was reached on Sunday and on Monday she closed the deal? Very strange.
Not at all. GUessing this is what happened:

*phone rings*

Hello...so and so publisher.

Juror: Hi I was a juror on the Treyvon Martin trial and I want to tell the story of what it was like.

Publising house sends contract and pen through the phone. Instantly.

Do you REALLY think there would have been any hesitation on the part of the publisher????

Old 07-15-2013, 09:32 PM

Quote:
B37 said she felt that Trayvon got mad and attacked George. Nothing like Trayvon might have been scared. What about the fact that Trayvon ran? Seems like she didn't consider that.
No evidence he was scared. According to Rachel tonight "creepy cracker" is slang for a cop, security guard. Wonder why Trayvon would be scared of an officer, hmmm?

Old 07-15-2013, 09:33 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,653,382 times
B37 said, "I think George Zimmerman is a man whose heart is in the right place, but just got displaced by the vandalism in the neighborhood and wanting to catch these people so badly that he went above and beyond what he should have done. His heart was in the right place, but it just went terribly wrong. ----I think he's guilty of not using good judgment. "

She said, "Circumstances caused George to believe that Trayvon might be a robber. There had been an unbelievable number of robberies in the neighborhood."

Did the number of burglaries in that neighborhood ever get reported in the trial?

She said Zimmerman was guilty of "trying to help people." I think that's what I just heard her say. Well, he sure didn't help Trayvon.

Old 07-15-2013, 09:33 PM

3,807 posts, read 4,277,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Average intelligence but her view of the case mirrored my analysis. It's clear though she hasn't had much interaction with Black people from lower class backgrounds. Probably Black people period.
Maybe. However, how many juror's have had interactions with murderer's? Rapists? Pedophiles? So now when we pick a jury, we must make sure the juror has interactions with every possible identifiable background of the accused? Race, color, creed, political, and don't forget religious.

Sure, lets just blame the jury and juries, for a POS case, which should have never have been prosecuted in the first place. How about people blame who should be to blame here? The prosecutor for even wasting the time trying the case; not too mention, the massive amounts of money it is now costing taxpayers all across this country.

Old 07-15-2013, 09:35 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,510,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
O'Mara said in closing he put the police reports in evidence. I'm pretty sure the "looking in windows" part came from one of George's statements that the prosecution put in evidence. Pretty dumb of the prosecution.
It was in one of his statements or the reenactment.

Remember the discussion here with people claiming there were no ground floor windows in those apartments, then providing links to apartments for sale that Showed ground floor windows.

Quote:
How much do you think she got paid for her "exclusive" interview with Anderson Cooper? $25,000 ?
CNN does not pay for interviews. And are very famous for not doing so.

Try again.

15,534 posts, read 10,507,413 times
What do I think? I think it's very rare that six women agree on anything. It tells me the prosecution had nothing.

Old 07-15-2013, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post
Maybe. However, how many juror's have had interactions with murderer's? Rapists? Pedophiles? So now when we pick a jury, we must make sure the juror has interactions with every possible identifiable background of the accused? Race, color, creed, political, and don't forget religious.

Sure, lets just blame the jury and juries, for a POS case, which should have never have been prosecuted in the first place. How about people blame who should be to blame here? The prosecutor for even wasting the time trying the case; not too mention, the massive amounts of money it is now costing taxpayers all across this country.
Oh trust I don't care. Just pointing it out because the chattering class have seized upon it. The jury wasn't "diverse". One said she was culturally biased against Rachel as if not understanding ebonics is some sort of crime against humanity.

Old 07-15-2013, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
She also said that this was not about profiling and then she proceeds to profile Trayvon Martin by referring to the robberies and the black teens that perpetrated them.
Incorrect. She said it was not about racial profiling. And there is a difference between stating that someone looked suspicious and stating it was so based on race.

People profile everyday. Judgments are made about the people in line in front of us at Starbucks, it is human nature. But, racial profiling is when someone looks guilty to you because of their race. Not their behavior.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies