Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2013, 10:06 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,038,973 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebunny View Post
So her race and ethnicity make her disgusting? Good thing you aren't doing any racial profiling.
He was being sarcastic

Old 07-15-2013, 10:26 PM

25,580 posts, read 56,493,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
B37 seemed very sympathetic with George, and even said based on a hypothetical question that she would be happy to have him do Neighborhood Watch in her neighborhood!
This is a misrepresentation. She did not say it willingly. As a matter of fact, she hesitated a good long while and then qualified the statement with other statements. Her first instinct, which is why she hesitated so long, was to say no. She did say she thought he'd learned his lesson.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgtvatitans View Post
One thing that stood out to me. How can you say you thought Zimmerman did the right thing, but then say he was wrong for leaving his vehicle? Hmm...she seemed to be a bit bias and definitely have some preconceived ideas of what happened.
Where did she say what Zimmerman did was right? She NEVER said that. You are putting your thoughts into her mouth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perryview22 View Post
Someone replied that they thought this juror sounded educated. That would not be my impression of this woman at all.

But, Oh God! This is the kind of myopic, biased mentality that puts innocent people in prison. She said she would never want to do this again. Well I hope she gets her wish, for the sake of justice being served, I hope she does.

But this juror has confirmed my intuition of what happened in deliberations - there were some who wanted to convict but were most likely influenced on the matter of manslaughter. I am sure that the right leaning mentalities in that room were the strongest and most active.
Explain, please, how shooting the man that is bashing your head into concrete repeatedly is not justifiable? Had GZ not shot TM, GZ would dead today and it would be Trayvon on trial - and CONVICTED.

Quote:
B37 said she felt that Trayvon got mad and attacked George. Nothing like Trayvon might have been scared. What about the fact that Trayvon ran? Seems like she didn't consider that.
Travon came back and assaulted George. Why would he return to do that if he was scared? Ridiculous. When someone is following you, you run away to a safe place. Once you have left the area, you don't come back and punch him in the face - unless you're itching for a fight.
Quote:
B37 said, "I think George Zimmerman is a man whose heart is in the right place, but just got displaced by the vandalism in the neighborhood and wanting to catch these people so badly that he went above and beyond what he should have done. His heart was in the right place, but it just went terribly wrong. ----I think he's guilty of not using good judgment. "

She said, "Circumstances caused George to believe that Trayvon might be a robber. There had been an unbelievable number of robberies in the neighborhood."

Did the number of burglaries in that neighborhood ever get reported in the trial?

She said Zimmerman was guilty of "trying to help people." I think that's what I just heard her say. Well, he sure didn't help Trayvon.
Travon didn't help himself by returning to the area, punching GZ in the face, and then bashing GZ's head into the concrete. At that point, GZ had no choice but to defend himself.

All the events leading up the shooting are irrelevant on the charge of murder/manslaughter. At that point, under the law, nothing matter except GZ feared for his life.

Or, would you have GZ in jail for 30 years because he followed Travon and got out of his vehicle. Really? You really believe following someone and getting out of your vehicle is worthy of what is essentially a life sentence?

Old 07-15-2013, 10:28 PM

1,496 posts, read 1,856,289 times
just heard that woman on CNN. What an ignoramus. Typical Florida. She would want Zimmerman to be on her neighborhood watch???? Doesn't mind him getting his gun back? What a stupid stupid woman.

Old 07-15-2013, 10:28 PM

3,040 posts, read 2,579,805 times
The STATE chose the jurors.
And now the TM supporters want to blame the jurors....

Lol

Old 07-15-2013, 10:29 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,653,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post

Or, would you have GZ in jail for 30 years because he followed Travon and got out of his vehicle. Really? You really believe following someone and getting out of your vehicle is worthy of what is essentially a life sentence?
No, only if that someone doesn't take the three opportunities he had to identify himself to the person he's suspicious of, and then shoots them when the person freaks out.

Last edited by ellemint; 07-15-2013 at 10:37 PM..

Old 07-15-2013, 10:43 PM

25,580 posts, read 56,493,097 times
Quote:
No, only if that someone doesn't take the three opportunities he had to identify himself to the person he's suspicious of, and then shoots them when the person freaks out.
So, better GZ should continue to let TM "freak out" and continue to bash his head into the concrete until he is dead? OK. Because that is what would have happened. We would have then had a dead GZ and an alive TM and another even more sensational trial to inflame both sides.

Old 07-15-2013, 10:47 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,676,249 times
Quote:
No, I mean the fact that she used to have a concealed carry permit. I always thought that with B37 on the jury, there would never be a conviction.

Also, the way she spoke about Rachel Jeantel, that she couldn't understand the way she said things.

She is far removed from Rachel and Trayvon's world.
Newsflash: The jury wasn't supposed to be Rachel or Trayvon's peers.

And thank God she's far removed from my world, as well. Why would anyone want to be a part of her world on purpose?

Old 07-15-2013, 10:57 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,316,377 times
Quote:
B37 said she felt that Trayvon got mad and attacked George. Nothing like Trayvon might have been scared. What about the fact that Trayvon ran? Seems like she didn't consider that.
I think people---the jury included---who are buying into the theory that Trayvon "got mad" are doing so because if they admit that Trayvon could have been scared then they'd be forced to admit that maybe he ALSO was standing his ground and defensing himself just like George. I have been followed at night before and it's damn scary and if George reached out to grab him to hold him until the police got there, then I can see why Martin would punch him.

Last edited by Wayland Woman; 07-15-2013 at 11:11 PM..

Old 07-15-2013, 11:01 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,676,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
It was in one of his statements or the reenactment.

Remember the discussion here with people claiming there were no ground floor windows in those apartments, then providing links to apartments for sale that Showed ground floor windows.
Oh, yeah, I definitely remember that, lol. Even after I posted pictures and real estate descriptions, there were some still insisting there were no ground floor windows. And even after witnesses testified to 'looking out their windows'..................no windows!!!!

SOS.

Old 07-16-2013, 03:57 AM

24,417 posts, read 23,076,143 times
Let it go, you'll go crazy if you don't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies